• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/12 - Babel Rising (Move) | Gravity Rush (Vita)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I would honestly love to know why this only happens in the US, although I never expect to hear the reasoning there. I mean, Sony can't get their own games out at midnight, or at least in the morning? The whole thing is just bizarre.

Of course not. That would make someone look bad. Whether it be the SCEA store team, someone higher up, or even publishers or retailers.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just like old times ... I think I might even break out the bottles GIF.

Or how about a GraveRobberX meltdown? I could really go for one of those. How about you guys?

Eusis

I'm guessing each division handles the updating process completely differently, and SCEA's for some reason doesn't stress having it up at a specific time. Maybe the others are just done the day before or whatever, but this lets them put stuff in at the last second? Glad I used cover art as a reason to stick with the physical version of Gravity Rush at any rate.

I learned my lesson after waiting till like 9pm for the digital release of Phantasy Star Portable 2...never again.

ALSO HEY MOCHUUU TELL THE GARDAMN FIRMWARE TEAM OR WHOEVER TO GET PHANTASY STAR PORTABLE 2 WORKING ON VITA DAMMIT.

;_;

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
WOO Just got home from an awful day at work...been waitin' to game it up on mah Vita! I'll just boot up my system and go to the store and...

...what...

p90nw.gif

I really don't understand the freak out over the store. people acting like its a day late. its always around the same time besides when we are lucky and it's super early.

GeoramA

Vita owners just can't catch a break :lol

I'm a lot more angry at waiting 2 fucking months for the next Walking Dead episode than a late store update. C'mon Telltale.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I pay attention every single week
Then you'd know that the updates have been surprisingly consistent for a good number of weeks now, relatively early in the afternoon.
Of course now the big update people have been waiting for has arrived and..... Well sometime this evening.

I...just don't get it. SCEA just has these blind spots where they can't get shit done compared to Europe and Japan. If I were Jack Tretton, I would be embarrased. At this point, he's probably burned through all the shame, and just sits there at his desk, numb.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I...just don't get it. SCEA just has these blind spots where they can't get shit done compared to Europe and Japan. If I were Jack Tretton, I would be embarrased. At this point, he's probably burned through all the shame, and just sits there at his desk, numb.

Someone needs to bring this up to Tretton. I honestly think he probably doesn't even know it's going on.

Then you'd know that the updates have been surprisingly consistent for a good number of weeks now, relatively early in the afternoon.
Of course now the big update people have been waiting for has arrived and..... Well sometime this evening.
I just considered that lucky. right now would be average and in about an hour its late.

d0c_zaius

good number? I think it was 2, maybe 3.

Not an indication of anything positive. I looked at it as just a random bonus.

I just considered that lucky. right now would be average and in about an hour its late.

this

d0c_zaius

It's been a while man.
There was a definite change a while back.

well if there was a change, it was certainly not definite and there was no "HEY WE LEARNED AND ITS EARLY NOW". seems more like wishful thinking than anything else.

if anything, the inconsistency with release times should lead you to believe the negative and hope for the best, not the other way around.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
well if there was a change, it was certainly not definite and there was no "HEY WE LEARNED AND ITS EARLY NOW". seems more like wishful thinking than anything else.

if anything, the inconsistency with release times should lead you to believe the negative and hope for the best, not the other way around.
I'm tempted to go back through each weekly thread and check the update times. They've been up before I got home from work consistently and that was never the case before except once in a blue moon.

Anyone else keep track of this?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just like old times ... I think I might even break out the bottles GIF.

Or how about a GraveRobberX meltdown? I could really go for one of those. How about you guys?

Hey, Hey! don't use me as a novelty

I'll wait till 10PM to start up my RAGE mode

Till then, I'm Downloading the 800 minis onto my VITA lol from PS+

Speevy

Banned
Someone click on "Madagascar 3: The Video Game" and select "preview".

Are those screenshots or magazine scans or what?

Nightz

Gah, it just had to be on the day that Gravity Rush came out.

Ridiculous how SCEA can't stick to a set schedule.

Ha, I knew SCEA would fuck it up. That's why I picked up a physical copy of Gravity Rush earlier.

Oh, and there's an optional Vita firmware update up, in case it wasn't mentioned before.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Hey all,

Quick update. According to the ops team, the best case scenario is around 8pm PST tonight for today's update. The team is working to ensure this is a rare scenario, but thanks for your patience. I'm trying to get my hands on Gravity Rush and MGS myself, and I know the wait isn't making it easy.

Takao

Banned
Hey all,

Quick update. According to the ops team, the best case scenario is around 8pm PST tonight for today's update. The team is working to ensure this is a rare scenario, but thanks for your patience. I'm trying to get my hands on Gravity Rush and MGS myself, and I know the wait isn't making it easy.

11PM EDT

Wow

Hey all,

Great job again with your amazing timely updates, Mass Effect 3 at midnight, Gravity Daze 24 hours later

Hey all,

that's 'the best case scenario'?...

continued hard-copy purchases of new vita releases confirmed...

Top Bottom