• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/31/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I JUST WOKE UP! IS EDEN UP IN EUROPE?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Greg

Holy fuck yes - Madden!

If the demo is as long as NCAA, I think I might be able to hold off on my purchase until I can get my books paid off. :lol

hulot

drknite said:
Gah, I understand where you are coming from, but paying the price for Qore to get into a beta is better than paying for a full game to get beta access (I am looking at you Crackdown).

Are you late to the prerelease hate? People liked Crackdown. It was a game, not an ad.

Anyway, when does the sale end? Was it 9 hours from tanod's post? Is that about 4 PM EST?

dreamer3kx said:
is that qore 3, i thought it was out next week?

Well tomorrow is the 1st so it'd make more sense to release it today instead of almost a week late into August.

tanod

when is my burrito
hulot said:
Anyway, when does the sale end? Was it 9 hours from tanod's post? Is that about 4 PM EST?

When the store updates with this week's content. I've been counting down.

mollipen

Wow, I was going to go for Qore this time for the R2 early invite, but MAN does that sound like a shitty collection of content.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Eden and two good demos. Good day, especially if we get a couple of good trailers too (Last guy in English please).

Ugh, why does it update so late in the day? I have work from 4 to 11. And then tomorrow I have to work 9 to 4 so I can't stay up to play Eden. :(

Tiduz

Eurogaime
is QORE this week? What? I thought it was 1 ep per month? Not that im complaining. Moar belmont is always gud.

Now, take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt since I contribute to PlayStation LifeStyle - which you all think is a joke.
But...

Qore Episode 3 isn't planned for this week. I'm not sure when the 13th episode will hit, but Sony has said that they will be out the first Thursday of every month. A couple days before Qore goes live, you can generally find the contents here: http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/qore

Of course, I could be wrong.

Also, expect the following content in North America (in addition to what you have):

GAME STUFF (in addition to PJE, Madden demo & facebreaker demo):
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures [demo] | same one that came to XBL a couple weeks back, no one knows about this yet :D
- Soul Calibur DLC
-- Customization Equipment 01, price: $1.49??
-- Downloadable music (original BGM) | 17 songs, $0.99 each, $14.99 for all 17

VIDEOS:
- The Last Guy Gameplay Trailer (on PS Blog today)
- Some Beijing 2008 trailers
- AST Dew Tour trailers
- Vamp.Rain trailer ??

THEMES:
- PixelJunk Eden Theme
- Killzone 2 Theme

WALLPAPERS:
- Siren: Blood Curse Wallpaper (x2)
- Soul Calibur IV Wallpaper (x2)
- Street Fighter IV: Summer 08 Wallpaper

I posted (most) of this up yesterday: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/30/rumored-new-playstation®-store-us-content-for-73108

But no one likes the site so it must be crap :(

xtwo

drknite said:
Gah, I understand where you are coming from, but paying the price for Qore to get into a beta is better than paying for a full game to get beta access (I am looking at you Crackdown).

you can get into beta if you pre order the game and earlier then those who get in with qore.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
StalkingSilence said:
Now, take everything I'm about to say with a grain of salt since I contribute to PlayStation LifeStyle - which you all think is a joke.
But...

I'm sorry but if thats how you feel, why even bother posting it if you know thats how we feel about that site? It's possible that this may be true but none the less, it has rubbed GAF in the wrong way with no happy endings.

g35twinturbo said:
I'm sorry but if thats how you feel, why even bother posting it if you know thats how we feel about that site? It's possible that this may be true but none the less, it has rubbed GAF in the wrong way with no happy endings.

Quite the contrary,
The editors on the site took GAF's advice, made changes for the better and have sources for all rumors posted on the site. No more "INSIDER" leaks. Plus, the author spreading a lot of the garbage was let go.

I thought we resolved a lot of this over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12179324#post12179324

Anyway, take it or leave it. I've contributed pretty accurately for a while on Tanod's threads here. I'm just trying to help.

EDIT: And the only reason I was mentioning that I know some of you think it's crap, is that you do. I was trying to let you know I was in touch with the GAF opinion over here and I'm working to fix it. Unless you are just an angry bunch that wants to keep disliking something even though it's working to improve.

StalkingSilence said:
Quite the contrary,
The editors on the site took GAF's advice, made changes for the better and have sources for all rumors posted on the site. No more "INSIDER" leaks. Plus, the author spreading a lot of the garbage was let go.

I thought we resolved a lot of this over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12179324#post12179324

Anyway, take it or leave it. I've contributed pretty accurately for a while on Tanod's threads here. I'm just trying to help.
Either way, I appreciate you posting in this thread, your info is usually spot on.

Crisis

Banned
I think PixelJunk Eden will be up earlier than the rest of the content. Remember that there's a "unlock full game" feature within the demo.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
StalkingSilence said:
Quite the contrary,

EDIT: And the only reason I was mentioning that I know some of you think it's crap, is that you do. I was trying to let you know I was in touch with the GAF opinion over here and I'm working to fix it. Unless you are just an angry bunch that wants to keep disliking something even though it's working to improve.

change is all good, if its for the better (which I have yet to see but mainly becuz I refuse to goto the site) then more power to you. Its just every time I see the link it drives me bonkers :lol

I don't really keep note to your post but its mainly just the link but hey I guess if its changing then MAYBE i can give it a chance.....

g35twinturbo said:
change is all good, if its for the better (which I have yet to see but mainly becuz I refuse to goto the site) then more power to you. Its just every time I see the link it drives me bonkers :lol

I don't really keep note to your post but its mainly just the link but hey I guess if its changing then MAYBE i can give it a chance.....

How's this for a gamble, if I'm close enough with my assertions to make you happy ( :D ), then you give the site another chance sometime. It's much more focused now on BREAKING news versus LEAKING news. And there's a couple more LifeStyle-related posts up in the past few days.

Take it extra easy today guys, work is just awful during the summer.

mollipen

StalkingSilence said:

Seriously, stop caring about what people around here think. People here hate everything, and the instant a site does something they don't like, it should be banned for all eternity.

bryehn

DMPrince said:
for quality interview and Belmont in HD

Nothing will ever top VPL or the rest of the Mo Cap suit segment though, so it's like chasing the dragon.

1113_catch_the_dragon.jpg

Ryu

shidoshi said:
Seriously, stop caring about what people around here think. People here hate everything, and the instant a site does something they don't like, it should be banned for all eternity.

This.

I know how hard it can be to bounce back after some negative press (Gamespot, Kotaku, and ******* have all suffered similar problems on GAF) and all you can do is continue to improve your site. Nothing more, nothing less. You'll find GAF is full of armchair-(insert profession here) and you'll never please them all. If Sony gave PS3's away for free, someone would complain. Just bear that in mind and continue improving.

Back on topic - WOO EDEN! Is it possible The Last Guy will see release next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom