• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/31/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanod

when is my burrito
Ryu said:
Back on topic - WOO EDEN! Is it possible The Last Guy will see release next week?

Very unlikely. Blog post says "you will learn more over the coming weeks."

tanod said:
Very unlikely. Blog post says "you will learn more over the coming weeks."

Yep, next releases in chronological order should be:
- LingerInShadows
- Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (on or around August 21)
- The Last Guy (on or around August 28)

Also, Tanod, you can add these two PSN titles from doublesix games if you have a place for them:
- Burn Zombie Burn!
- Undertow

They're on EU's DUALSHOCK 3 support list.

I'm interviewing the head of the studio next week. Burn Zombie Burn! will be out first. I'm trying to get some more info on there games and I'll report back when I know a little more about the release schedule.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
StalkingSilence said:
Also, Tanod, you can add these two PSN titles from doublesix games if you have a place for them:
- Burn Zombie Burn!
- Undertow

I'm interviewing the head of the studio next week. Burn Zombie Burn! will be out first. I'm trying to get some more info on there games and I'll report back when I know a little more about the release schedule.
Cool, will read that actually.

tanod

when is my burrito
StalkingSilence said:
- Burn Zombie Burn!
- Undertow

I had Burn Zombie Burn already. Didn't know about Undertow.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
StalkingSilence said:
Yep, next releases in chronological order should be:
- LingerInShadows
- Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (on or around August 21)
- The Last Guy (on or around August 28)

R&C in August?

levious said:
R&C in August?

TOTALLY tentative. TOTALLY. But yeah, that's actually based off of an Australian PSN Release Date list that I have. So obviously, dates can shuffle (read: wipEout HD). But most have been close.

Also, tanod, I don't think you do sizes here but I know people are running out of HDD space (esp. if you are a tool like me and only have 60 GB HDD). But if the demos are the same size as XBL, Madden Demo = 1.09 GB and Facebreaker demo = 954.56 MB

Struct09

When does the PSN sale end (in the US)? I grabbed Pixel Junk Monsters, but forgot to grab PAIN. I am away from my PS3 until after work :(

Baha

Struct09 said:
When does the PSN sale end (in the US)? I grabbed Pixel Junk Monsters, but forgot to grab PAIN. I am away from my PS3 until after work :(

Today I think, once the store is updated.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
StalkingSilence said:
TOTALLY tentative. TOTALLY. But yeah, that's actually based off of an Australian PSN Release Date list that I have. So obviously, dates can shuffle (read: wipEout HD). But most have been close.

that's still cool though, I assumed fall... no trophies for Booty right?

Pain DLC is this week or are you guys just talking about upcoming stuff?

Pimpwerx

Struct09 said:
The OP says it'll be on for another 8 hours. From the time he put that there, I'm assuming that means 6pm. But be warned. The last sale, where PJR and I think CAC went on sale for $5 went off early in the day. I was expecting it to stop at 6pm, but it stopped at like 2pm. I remember b/c I bitched about it. Luckily, PJR only went back up to like $7 or $8. PEACE.

levious said:
that's still cool though, I assumed fall... no trophies for Booty right?

Pain DLC is this week or are you guys just talking about upcoming stuff?

No trophies for booty (or for Fat Princess, as of yet, which is weird since it's 2009). But trophies for Crash Commando & Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. They might add in trophies for Booty, but I think it's pretty far along in development.

PAIN DLC is not this week. But all of those things should hit at the same time. PAIN labs will be released with the Amusement Park but will be recurring free DLC from within the game including new assets from unreleased areas. Kinda looking forward to shooting into a racetrack full of bikers, TBH.

Struct09

Pimpwerx said:
The OP says it'll be on for another 8 hours. From the time he put that there, I'm assuming that means 6pm. But be warned. The last sale, where PJR and I think CAC went on sale for $5 went off early in the day. I was expecting it to stop at 6pm, but it stopped at like 2pm. I remember b/c I bitched about it. Luckily, PJR only went back up to like $7 or $8. PEACE.

Damn, I overlooked that in the OP. It kind of blended in with all the other red text :p

And damn, looks like I'll miss out on PAIN for $5. Oh well, I'll be content with PJE and PJM (along with Geometry Wars 2) for now.

Pimpwerx

I wonder if Sony is preventing some devs from releasing trophy patches for older games. If SSHD didn't show it, trophies = sales for PSN games. At least at this point they do. A game like CAC or Skydiving might get a shot in the arm with a quick trophy patch. The amount of additional sales generated would easily pay for the extra labor. PEACE.

BeeDog

Pimpwerx said:
I wonder if Sony is preventing some devs from releasing trophy patches for older games. If SSHD didn't show it, trophies = sales for PSN games. At least at this point they do. A game like CAC or Skydiving might get a shot in the arm with a quick trophy patch. The amount of additional sales generated would easily pay for the extra labor. PEACE.

Why would Sony prevent them? It's easy; devs don't have pressure from Sony into patching their games, and it costs money to retroactively add stuff to older games, hence no incentive to patch them.

Pimpwerx said:

Sony isn't preventing anyone. It's just that adding trophies take time (for Uncharted, it took a month and all the devs did was implement the reward system in the game and switch it for Trophies, which sounds simple but it ain't). Not alot of devs want to sidequest from making and finishing the current game to adding something to what's already out for free.

Oh and the PEACE is getting on my nerves :p

PEACE.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Pimpwerx said:
I think trophies involve a lot more work than people think. Digital Extremes talked about how they had to do some tweaking in the programming for Bioshock because whenever the notice came up for earning a trophy, it would cause slowdown in the game. So it's not just a matter of coming up with a list of trophies and tacking them on to the game.
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/inside2.html

But I agree, trophies equals sales.

Ryu

shagg_187 said:
A demo for a half hr game? :p

I actually still want the PSN demo to try it out and make sure the controls are fine for myself (even though I could have tried the 360 demo last week). Doesn't hurt to sample. If I like it and end up buying it, that's two great games this week along with the Facebreaker demo. Two great weeks of content in a row is pretty nice.

SumGamer

HK Update if anyone care.

Bionic Commando Rearmed: The Making Of - Part 2 [MOVIE] free
2 Soulcalibur IV wallpaper
PixelJunk Eden HK$63.00
PixelJunk Eden Demo free

Pimpwerx said:

Wouldn't it be sweet it PixelJunk Racers added trophy support (as well as PixelJunk Monsters). Then those guys would have it figured out. Sales++;

btkadams

i cant wait for eden. maybe i can get good at this game. i hope theres a manual or tutorial. cuz i still get failed in the demo and dont know why. cuz ill get a spectra and keep going through the level and run out of time and get failed. does that mean i dont get the spectra and have to start from scratch? or does it mean i only get the one and can play again to get the others?

btkadams

StalkingSilence said:
Wouldn't it be sweet it PixelJunk Racers added trophy support (as well as PixelJunk Monsters). Then those guys would have it figured out. Sales++;
is pixeljunk racers good? i played the demo yesterday and thought it was dece but a lot of stuff was locked so i couldnt see. is there a hella lot of modes? cuz playing with friends it looked like it could be fun, especially for 6 bucks.

btw if pain is getting he amusement park addon today my friend will freak. he always plays it when he comes over lol.

Ryu said:
I actually still want the PSN demo to try it out and make sure the controls are fine for myself (even though I could have tried the 360 demo last week). Doesn't hurt to sample. If I like it and end up buying it, that's two great games this week along with the Facebreaker demo. Two great weeks of content in a row is pretty nice.

I don't know of any demo for 1942: Joint Strike. But that'd be cool - I guess - to get one.
Is this based simply on the fact that Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 got a demo a week later, also from Capcom? Or is there any other reason you think we're getting this?

Also, is it weird I'm looking forward to the LEGO: Indiana Jones - Original Adventures demo? Not my kind of game, but will be a nice change of pace.

Jim

btkadams said:
i cant wait for eden. maybe i can get good at this game. i hope theres a manual or tutorial. cuz i still get failed in the demo and dont know why. cuz ill get a spectra and keep going through the level and run out of time and get failed. does that mean i dont get the spectra and have to start from scratch? or does it mean i only get the one and can play again to get the others?

Nofi's nifty manual:

2rp4ett.jpg

btkadams said:
is pixeljunk racers good? i played the demo yesterday and thought it was dece but a lot of stuff was locked so i couldnt see. is there a hella lot of modes? cuz playing with friends it looked like it could be fun, especially for 6 bucks.

btw if pain is getting he amusement park addon today my friend will freak. he always plays it when he comes over lol.

I never bought PixelJunk Racers, but I did play the demo. It was bad. IN fact, Dylan Cuthbert, President & CEO of Q-Games, said that the demo was bad. He learned from his mistakes and said that they'd select better content for future demos (apparently they have judging by PJE demo).

Also, your friend is probably going to have to wait for that add-on.

Guled

since I'm out of money on my wallet, and don't have access to a CC, I'll be willing to trade all of siren for PJE today. if you are interested, pm me

btkadams

Jim said:
Nofi's nifty manual:

2rp4ett.jpg
k doesnt exacly answer my question though lol. if i fail after already getting a spectra does it mean i lose that one and have tos tart from scratch again? or do i just restart and only have whatever spectra ive never gotten left to get?

Ryu

StalkingSilence said:
Is this based simply on the fact that Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 got a demo a week later, also from Capcom? Or is there any other reason you think we're getting this?

I thought we were supposed to get it last week actually but it never came to pass. Seemed logical we'd get it this week just like with Commando. I really don't see why XBLA would get the demo and not PSN. That's just me thinking logically though when gaming is hardly logical at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom