• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

exclusive demo experiences? :lol

truly we have hit an all time low

TheSeks said:
Oh, hi! I'm Ninja Gaiden 2's Mentor and Master Ninja Mode!

Oh, hi! I heard you like projectiles out the ass from off camera to where you can't get a chance to counter attack since there are so many projectiles on screen!

Hi! I'm Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I don't have that bullshit, therefore I'm the superior version despite the bullshit censoring.

have you played the full game and therefore know that the game has been balanced or are ya talking out yer ass at this point?

Xater

TTP said:
Really curious to see how MT Framework 2.0 runs on PS3. I'm not expecting anything good tho. Just a feeling.

It was fine at Gamescom. They had the Xbox and PS3 version running there side by side.

TTP said:
Really curious to see how MT Framework 2.0 runs on PS3. I'm not expecting anything good tho. Just a feeling.

This isn't like the original Framework engine and the shoddy LP1 port. DMC4 and RE5 have come and gone multiplatform with negligible differences, so I think it'll be fine.

lupinko

SecretBonusPoint said:
This isn't like the original Framework engine and the shoddy LP1 port. DMC4 and RE5 have come and gone multiplatform with negligible differences, so I think it'll be fine.

This, and besides the horrible LP port was done by K2 iirc and not by Capcom themselves.

SecretBonusPoint said:

RE5 wasn't negligible. DMC4 was the height of the FM1 engine on the PS3. Since then it went donwhill.

LP1 really doesnt count as that was done by an outside port team. I also think Bayonetta essentially looking "very Capcom" is whats responsible with the lack of faith in MT Framework 2. Capcoms well on top of their shit now, Platinum Games however are not.

Violater

If this is from the PS3 version as implied with it being post on the PSBlog then it looks good from my house. .. errr office

3919759207_ef1ae08d50_b.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
FUCK YES

I seriously haven't turned on my PS3 since the first UC2 beta so this new demo and the new UC2 demo going public soon is going to be sweet. I've played the 360 version of the demo over and over and it's still fun so I can't wait to check out the other missions.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SecretBonusPoint said:

In the case of RE5, I wouldn't call differences "negligible". PS3 version does have some serious frame rate issues (among other things). We will see tho.

peetfeet said:
Batman: Arkham Asylum free DLC on store this week and next.

Is in the comments by mod on PSBlog EU.

I think that is awesome to get Free DLC, but the game i so great, I almost feel they should have charged like $1 or $2 for it just for kicks. We would have all been like "Yeah, that is the way you do DLC, only a buck or 2 for great content for a great game, Yeah, Rock On!"

Meanwhile, Rocksteady Studios could have made a little $$$$ On the side to help them get ready for development on Batman 2: Gotham City.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TTP said:
In the case of RE5, I wouldn't call differences "negligible". PS3 version does have some serious frame rate issues (among other things). We will see tho.
And the 360 had tons of tearing and glitchy reflections.
Pick your poison I suppose.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've never downloaded from the Japanese PSN before. For people that have, is there a general understanding of about when the store will update with the demos and such?

GuardianE said:
I've never downloaded from the Japanese PSN before. For people that have, is there a general understanding of about when the store will update with the demos and such?
"Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT"

This is what the OP is saying.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TTP said:
Tearing occurred only when playing at 1080p I believe.
I did indeed play it at 1080p.
For PS3, was framerate improved at all if played in 720p? Could you even play it in 1080?

Nah, there was still tearing. It just happened more often in cutscenes.
Ah.

lupinko

SolidSnakex said:
RE5 was negligible. DMC4 was the height of the FM1 engine on the PS3. Since then it went donwhill.

I don't see how that was going downhill, I still don't know why Gaf makes the PS3 version of RE5 sound to be an unplayable mess when it is far from it. It is comparable visual wise to the 360 version (providing you don't zoom in 700% on screencaps and go crazy over comparison video captures) and while the framerate isn't always that stable (and it's not even bad) the added v-sync in the PS3 version is quite nice.

I listened to Gaf on this one and the PS3 demo did support a lot of what Gaf said, which resulted in me not playing my copy for many months after launch (also me hating the controls of the demo which is not the topic at hand, and friends bailing out on RE5 due to said demo), but after forcing myself to play my finished retail game a few weeks ago (and getting used to the controls), I found a lot of these criticisms to be well, lame fanboy squabbling in dumbed down terms.

lupinko said:
I don't see how that was going downhill, I still don't know why Gaf makes the PS3 version of RE5 sound to be an unplayable mess when it is far from it. It is comparable visual wise to the 360 version (providing you don't zoom in 700% on screencaps and go crazy over comparison video captures) and while the framerate isn't always that stable (and it's not even bad) the added v-sync in the PS3 version is quite nice.

No one says it's unplayable. But there's a noticeable difference between the two versions. Which is why DMC4 is still the peak of what Capcom has done on the PS3 as far as visuals go.

RedSwirl

TTP said:
Really curious to see how MT Framework 2.0 runs on PC.

That's what I'm really waiting for. Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 run beautifully on PC (and both games had added effects). If either of those had simultaneously launched on PC, I probably would have bought those versions, so I hope they can get it out this time with LP2.

RedSwirl said:
That's what I'm really waiting for. Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 run beautifully on PC (and both games had added effects). If either of those had simultaneously launched on PC, I probably would have bought those versions, so I hope they can get it out this time with LP2.
Street Fighter IV is not an MT Framework game.

netguy503 said:
on the HK store as well?

We don't know yet. All we know is the JPN demo is today/tomorrow, the US/EU is next week. It could be either time or they might not even get a Sigma 2 demo. All we can do is wait and see.

Blablurn said:
can we change the thread title?

PES 2010 Demo > everything else this week!

I still don't get how you can get hyped by something released every year with marginal changes in multiple similar versions (addressing this to all sport games) - even if you are a big sports fan.

Blablurn

SolidusDave said:
I still don't get how you can get hyped by something released every year with marginal changes in multiple similar versions (addressing this to all sport games) - even if you are a big sports fan.

PES 2010 will be a huge improvement over 09. the last game had a lot of flaws. but it seems like the developers have finally learned their lessons.

Top Bottom