• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 09/18/12 - Jet Set Radio | Zuma's Revenge | Feisty Feet | BL2

nOT TO sound rude or anything, but wouldn't it be best to get PSX games off US PSN?

If you mean regarding the PAL/NTSC problem, that's moot in Klonoa's case as it's actually a US import.

In terms of getting more things and on time, then yes.

Oh, and Tomba's rescheduled for 3rd October in Europe...

Tizoc

If you mean regarding the PAL/NTSC problem, that's moot in Klonoa's case as it's actually a US import.

In terms of getting more things and on time, then yes.

Oh, and Tomba's rescheduled for 3rd October in Europe...

Oh is it? Well I meant that in general as PAL PSX games are 50 Hz.
Still I'd be getting Klonoa off US PSN since that's my Vita's main account region.
Here's hoping for a PSX sale on US PSN soon @3@

Anteater

I don't even know where to check whether JSR is coming out on the asian store, their blog doesn't say anything, and their shitty "coming in september" ad with JSR is also removed from the store, I guess I'll just wait!

Wow, that was probably the lamest store update I have ever seen (US). Gime me some discounts guys! PSP games for $3.99 each please.

Benedict

Has it always been cheaper buying the two MGS HD games separate on Vita than in the pack`?

MGS 2 & 3 cost 135 sek each, 270 sek total
the pack cost 299 sek.

Vert boil

Double Dragon Neon is up in the EU store but you have to search for it at the moment. Tried searching for Klonoa but it isn't available yet.

Vert boil

It's only the demo, though. Downloaded it, wanted to play, "unlock full game", damn.

Possibly PS+ related but it said (Full Game) next to it and it was reduced from 6.49£ to 0.00£. It's going to take hours to download it so if you are a PS+ member then you know more than me.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Possibly PS+ related but it said (Full Game) next to it and it was reduced from 6.49£ to 0.00£. It's going to take hours to download it so if you are a PS+ member then you know more than me.

I know, it said Full Game for me too. It's probably just that it's supposed to be a demo+unlock and they haven't uploaded the unlock key yet. When the store updates properly, it should be okay.
And it takes 15 minutes to download the game. ;)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Mmmmmmm I'm not seeing the update yet on french PSN, found DDN via search, bought and downloaded it and now I'm stuck with the demo, the unlock key is nowhere to be found… YAY.

Hope I'll be able to dl the key as soon as it's up.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Still no Klonoa.

Sony, why do you make it so hard for me to love you? You go ages without anything I care about appearing on EU PSN, and last week when Tomba was finally supposed to be out, it got 'lol stuck in QA herp', and this week when we're supposed to get Klonoa, there's 'lol technical difficulties derp'. Goddamn.

The first update for weeks with something interesting to me, and they can't even update the store anywhere near on time. Why are SCEE so hilariously inept? And I've never understood why they leave the update until the very arse-end of the working day. Surely that only compounds the effect of last-minute technical errors?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The first update for weeks with something interesting to me, and they can't even update the store anywhere near on time. Why are SCEE so hilariously inept? And I've never understood why they leave the update until the very arse-end of the working day. Surely that only compounds the effect of last-minute technical errors?

Er-...You must be new to these late updates. That's SCEA's department. I think this is the first time SCEE's been late EVER in store updates.

Combichristoffersen

Er-...You must be new to these late updates. That's SCEA's department. I think this is the first time SCEE's been late EVER in store updates.

SCEA are just late with updates, while SCEE seemingly has no idea what it is doing a lot of the time. Took forever to get Trine 2 on the store, has no idea about CS: GO, gets Tomba stuck in QA just because, disappearing/invisible icons all over the EU store, and now 'technical difficulties'. Sony being Sony as usual.

Edit: Also, people who have managed to download LBP Vita off EU PSN are reporting it's broken and just gives them an error code when trying to install. If the PSN Store was a horse, I'd frankly just take it behind the shed and shoot it to put it out of its misery.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Regarding Jet Set Radio:

So..yeah, the unlock Jet Set Radio key was the only thing that was live from approximately 3:30pm to 5:30pm yesterday (Tuesday, 9/18) . Any users that purchased the version that had only the unlock will be able to receive the full version of the game by downloading the demo from the storefront (we are in the process of preparing the demo for a special publish today). I'll post here again when I know what the time is for this special publish is

Very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused; but thanks for your patience.

I think this is the first time SCEE's been late EVER in store updates.

Nope, this has happened multiple times in the past - I don't know about recently, as the store has had nothing to interest me for months, but I distinctly remember this happening a good few times before. But it's not just about a late update, it's about games that have gone AWOL for months and months in certification and awful customer service reps who can't ever tell you what's going on.

Number45

How can they charge £57.99 for SSX? That's an absurd price and much more expensive than elsewhere.
It's hard to take the championing of day one PSN games seriously when they're priced so absurdly high. Even harder when you consider the Vita PSN pricing. :(

Tempted with Klonoa, never played it originally and I've heard nothing but good things.

Persona7

Banned
Regarding Jet Set Radio:

So..yeah, the unlock Jet Set Radio key was the only thing that was live from approximately 3:30pm to 5:30pm yesterday (Tuesday, 9/18) . Any users that purchased the version that had only the unlock will be able to receive the full version of the game by downloading the demo from the storefront (we are in the process of preparing the demo for a special publish today). I'll post here again when I know what the time is for this special publish is

Very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused; but thanks for your patience.

So it will automatically revert to the correct version of the game? Apparently people who bought the other version of the game don't actually own the correct version in the store and there is no red icon over it and it still asks for $9.99 to own it even though they already bought it.

That would be like going to the DMV and getting your license but they don't actually input your information into the computer system and just give you a hand drawn ID card.

NeoUltima

PS+ question:

If I download a free game. Let my subscription end. Then resubscribe in a year.

Will I still have access to redownload that game when I renew? Even if it is no longer offered as a free game for brand new subscribers?

I used to know the answer myself, but I have completely blanked on it.

kassatsu

Banned
So it will automatically revert to the correct version of the game? Apparently people who bought the other version of the game don't actually own the correct version in the store and there is no red icon over it and it still asks for $9.99 to own it even though they already bought it.

That would be like going to the DMV and getting your license but they don't actually input your information into the computer system and just give you a hand drawn ID card.

If you have an unlock key, it will unlock the demo into the full game.

Combichristoffersen

Oh wow, seems like the free PS+ game in Europe this week (Double Dragon Neon) is the trial version instead of the full game. The EU store is just a mess lately.

spats

Oh wow, seems like the free PS+ game in Europe this week (Double Dragon Neon) is the trial version instead of the full game. The EU store is just a mess lately.

Judging by the rate at which they're chewing through staff I'm surprised the whole organization hasn't collapsed in on itself yet. At least we're getting timely, weekly updates even though we're still far from being at parity with the SCEA store helmed by the lovely and talented Grace Chen.

Jucksalbe

Banned

As long as the store hasn't officially updated it doesn't make much sense to complain about missing stuff (in this case the unlock key).

Persona7

Banned
If you have an unlock key, it will unlock the demo into the full game.

Yes, I understand that. But the people who bought the botched version of this including only the unlock key can go back to the PSN store, click on Jet Set Radio and it acts like they do not own the game and it wants them to pay 9.99 again. There were two versions of the game available for sale in the store and now there is only one. What if it gets pulled in the future?

From earlier in this thread :

UP0177-NPUB30829_00-JETSETRADIOKEY00-UG01 Jet Set Radio™ Full Game Unlock (Full Game) $9.99

kassatsu

Banned
Yes, I understand that. But the people who bought the botched version of this including only the unlock key can go back to the PSN store, click on Jet Set Radio and it acts like they do not own the game and it wants them to pay 9.99 again. There were two versions of the game available for sale in the store and now there is only one. What if it gets pulled in the future?

From earlier in this thread :

UP0177-NPUB30829_00-JETSETRADIOKEY00-UG01 Jet Set Radio™ Full Game Unlock (Full Game) $9.99

I don't see the problem. Grab unlock key from download list, Download demo from store once it is up. It is still in your download list regardless. Even if it is pulled at some later date, the key and demo will just be in the list.

Combichristoffersen

As long as the store hasn't officially updated it doesn't make much sense to complain about missing stuff (in this case the unlock key).

It's not so much complaining as being amused at SCEE's incompetence regarding the PSN Store. 'Releasing games on time? Not on our watch, mate. Not on our watch.'

Cuddler

It's not so much complaining as being amused at SCEE's incompetence regarding the PSN Store. 'Releasing games on time? Not on our watch, mate. Not on our watch.'
One of the problems IMO is that they don't say exactly what the problem is. So, a lot of people can think, what problem can they have in uploading files? We don't know how they work, how they upload content to the store, I'm sure it's not really that easy as pressing a button and technical problems can actually happen. But if they don't say anything is difficult to understand the problems that they have. We can say the same for the continue delaying of content, if they only say, we have this problem, more people will understand and wait, but they only say, we have nothing new to say right now, and with this answer people will never understand and wait.

Persona7

Banned
I don't see the problem. Grab unlock key from download list, Download demo from store once it is up. It is still in your download list regardless. Even if it is pulled at some later date, the key and demo will just be in the list.

We still see the problem.

It doesn't matter anymore though, my friend who was affected by this sent an email asking for a refund. I see some people on the Playstation forums were already granted refunds so it probably won't be an issue.

Combichristoffersen

One of the problems IMO is that they don't say exactly what the problem is. So, a lot of people can think, what problem can they have in uploading files? We don't know how they work, how they upload content to the store, I'm sure it's not really that easy as pressing a button and technical problems can actually happen. But if they don't say anything is difficult to understand the problems that they have. We can say the same for the continue delaying of content, if only they say, we have this problem, more people will understand and wait, but they only say, we have nothing new to say right now, and with this answer people will never understand and wait.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was due to them not even knowing what the problem is. It just seems like a disjointed mess at times, with the guys updating the blog having no clue what is going on in regards to technical problems or with games that are supposed to be coming out, but for some reason haven't appeared yet, because the higher-ups haven't bothered telling them what is going on. Sadly, that is standard Sony behaviour (this goes for the entire company, not SCEE specifically), with the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and neither of them knowing what the feet are doing.

spats

Wouldn't surprise me if that was due to them not even knowing what the problem is. It just seems like a disjointed mess at times, with the guys updating the blog having no clue what is going on in regards to technical problems or with games that are supposed to be coming out, but for some reason haven't appeared yet, because the higher-ups haven't bothered telling them what is going on. Sadly, that is standard Sony behaviour (this goes for the entire company, not SCEE specifically), with the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and neither of them knowing what the feet are doing.

I'm currently picturing Sony corporation as the QWOP guy.

Number45

Just found it by searching and it's the full game, I'm pretty sure the store wasn't fully updated earlier (in fact it wasn't responding properly when I tried earlier).

Combichristoffersen

Just found it by searching and it's the full game, I'm pretty sure the store wasn't fully updated earlier (in fact it wasn't responding properly when I tried earlier).

They may have fixed it, I was just going by the comments at the PS blog. Also, Klonoa is finally up (via search) :3

Cuddler

I agree with you about that, they should work much closer.
They may have fixed it, I was just going by the comments at the PS blog. Also, Klonoa is finally up (via search) :3
Tempted by Klonoa, but I'm still not sure...

Top Bottom