• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/01/09 – Brütal Legend Demo | PSPocalypse

SmokyDave

snap0212 said:
This week is going to be awesome if you're buying a PSPgo. :>

Kinda, I have a horrible feeling I'm going to end up looking at a list of prices that are at least 2x retail prices. GoW: CoO - £24.99, that kind of thing.

I have a PSP2000 as well so these downloads have to be competitive for me if I'm going to migrate my collection over. The 4 (5 if you include Manhunt 2) games free help though.

MDSLKTR

snap0212 said:
This week is going to be awesome if you have any PSP. :>

fixed? I have decided that i will keep my psp kratos edition and i plan on buying mgs acid2 / disgaea / vice city since they are hard to find in physical form. :D Good times indeed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
NIce banner.

Can you use spoiler tags for the second post, the one with unreleased and archive stuff, so that the whole thread does not need to scroll down so far?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SmokyDave said:
Kinda, I have a horrible feeling I'm going to end up looking at a list of prices that are at least 2x retail prices. GoW: CoO - £24.99, that kind of thing.

I have a PSP2000 as well so these downloads have to be competitive for me if I'm going to migrate my collection over. The 4 (5 if you include Manhunt 2) games free help though.

Isn't god of war a platinum release? So RRP is about £15 isn't it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SmokyDave said:
On UMD, sure.

For reference, the DD version NFS: Shift is £31.99 and NBA Live 09 is £29.99

which is their RRP isn't it? DD can't be higher than RRP, so I would completely expect games to drop from full price when they are 'platinum'

I know what you mean though, I was shocked at the NFS shift pricing

SmokyDave

mrklaw said:
which is their RRP isn't it? DD can't be higher than RRP, so I would completely expect games to drop from full price when they are 'platinum'

I know what you mean though, I was shocked at the NFS shift pricing

I guess by RRP I meant "The actual price the software sells at in any shop that wishes to remain competitive". This is the problem with giving PSN a monopoly. No competition.

Drame

I'm really excited about this update. I might pick-up a PSP game or two.
Also, I can't wait to test the Uncharted 2 MP beta out, this week is starting to turn out really good!

Hopefully, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core will be available in DD format this thursday.

Ponn

Banned
I'm hoping the 50% off sale NIS was talking about will extend to all UMD games on Thursday. Might pick up PuzzleQuest then for half off.

Looking forward to the Undead Knights demo. Also want to see how many PSP titles get uploaded to the store on day one! :p

EDIT: Forgot about the NIS sale! Hope there's some good stuff in it :)

I'll be picking up Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Prinny if the NIS sale is priced right. I don't know anything about it but if Mana Khemia is priced right I'd pick that up as well.

Hopefully the rest of the PSP games that go up on the store are not ridiculously priced, but I don't have high hopes. Given the choice I'd rather own all my titles digitally, but when they charge $23 for Jeanne d'Arc and I can find it for half that at retail, it's hard to favor the digital copy.

Price a lot of the games at $15 or under and I'll bite Sony.

Anyone having trouble to DL the Norse Pack for free ?

They said the code (they just gave me) is invalid... Maybe it will be activate only on thursday ?

Baha

UnluckyKate said:

They said the code (they just gave me) is invalid... Maybe it will be activate only on thursday ?

Clear out your cookies and try again. I got lucky and got a working code on my 1st try.

Baha

Y2Kev said:
Watch Sony just fart out like 3 PSP games.

If Sony were smart, they'd release a batch of PSP games daily this week leading up to Thursday. It'd help sales and garner attention rather than releasing whatever they have planned on Thursday alone.

*EDIT* Dammit, didn't mean to double post.

SmokyDave said:

Agreed, the PSP games they have there now are higher than they should be IMO, so I have no faith the new full PSP games will be priced well.

The PSP Mini's are what intrigues me.

Drame said:
I'm really excited about this update. I might pick-up a PSP game or two.
Also, I can't wait to test the Uncharted 2 MP beta out, this week is starting to turn out really good!

Hopefully, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core will be available in DD format this thursday.

you can get the PS1 version of FFT for $9.99 USD on PSN right now, it is 90% the same game as the WotL version, althought the graphic overhaul for the PSP version might be worth the extra $$$

Xater

SmokyDave

UnluckyKate said:

Unlucky, Kate.

On a serious note, I am too. Is it US only?

Edit: Thinking about it, is there anything good confirmed for EU this week?

"On October 1, 16,000 pieces of digital content will be available for the PSPgo in the US which includes:"

Is the NIS sale US only?

This is not going to be a good start to my PSP Go ownership.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
BeeDog said:
So the free Norse DLC is for Americans only? BOOOOOO!
Is it? =(

For some reason I have the UK version of LBP.

Edit: I downloaded it using a US account on my PS3 but obviously it didn't work with my PAL version of the game.

GQman2121

Banned
Is Manhunt 2 for the PSP still a free download on the UK store? I forgot all about it over the weekend and haven't checked yet.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LBP Watchmen pack out on Thursday
watchmen_blog.jpg

http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/09/28/who-watches-the-watchmen/

Drame

GQman2121 said:
Is Manhunt 2 for the PSP still a free download on the UK store? I forgot all about it over the weekend and haven't checked yet.

Unfortunately, no.
It was pulled pretty quickly, like in a hour or so.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
you can get the PS1 version of FFT for $9.99 USD on PSN right now, it is 90% the same game as the WotL version, althought the graphic overhaul for the PSP version might be worth the extra $$$

I know, but I prefer the PSP version. I might pick-up the PS1 version of FFT, if the WotL won't be available this week.

Drame said:
Hopefully, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core will be available in DD format this Thursday.

Those plus Dissidia. I hope Sony has all of Square's PSP titles up on Thursday but I'm worried they won't.

kassatsu said:
225-82 (psp games)-61(psone games)= 82 games this week

I didn't count PS1 games for their press release about 225 games being on PSN since it mentions UMD Legacy, PSN exclusives and Minis. I hope PS1 games don't count with the 225...

kassatsu

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
I didn't count PS1 games for their press release about 225 games being on PSN since it mentions UMD Legacy, PSN exclusives and Minis. I hope PS1 games don't count with the 225...
They will knowing SCEA.

Drame

Deadly Monk said:
Those plus Dissidia. I hope Sony has all of Square's PSP titles up on Thursday but I'm worried they won't.

Well, I'm thinking that Europe might get lucky this time, SE game wise, or so do I hope.

Also, I'd love to see Crimson Gem Saga on the store, heard some good things about it.

Xater

Deadly Monk said:

Yep, judging by the wording of the press release PSone titles don't count.

kassatsu

Banned
WTF is the difference between a full psp title and a umd legacy title then? PSone games play on PSP, why would Sony not count them?

Massa

kassatsu said:
WTF is the difference between a full psp title and a umd legacy title then? PSone games play on PSP, why would Sony not count them?

"UMD Legacy" was just a terrible category name that no longer exists.

kassatsu said:

UMD Legacy were games that were (so far) only released in stores. They had to remove that stupid name now because EVERY game (in theory) is now going to be in stores and on PSN so it no longer makes sense. At least Sony removed the name last week.

kassatsu

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
UMD Legacy were games that were (so far) only released in stores. They had to remove that stupid name now because EVERY game (in theory) is now going to be in stores and on PSN so it no longer makes sense. At least Sony removed the name last week.
That doesn't answer the question.

Top Bottom