• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/15/09 – topatoi (US)

Are they finally going to release an NBA 2k10 demo on the PSN?

Sorry, but 2k Sports totally messed this opporitunity up. After hearing all the negative impressions of the shoddy framerate, and not being able to see if for myself with a demo on the PSN, I went with Live.

I am so glad I did. What a great game. I would still like to at least try out 2k10.

Speevy said:
Is there anyone who can offer impressions of topatoi?

Didn't spend too much time with it, but from what I did play it seems like a pretty fun platforming puzzle game - the story mode is pretty simple and linear without too much challenge across the seven levels, but the fuel system does add a sense of urgency and some depth in terms of scoring. The arcade mode is probably the best thing about the game and provides a series of short but increasingly difficult levels that require speed and skill to complete.

Planet MiniGolf is coming exclusively to PSN from Zen Studio.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/planet-minigolf-coming-exclusively-to-psn/

4004867739_01c71662d8.jpg

Grab your clubs and get ready to tee off! I am thrilled to announce that ZEN Studios is applying the same battle-tested ball physics engine from the acclaimed ZEN Pinball to bring you the PlayStation Network exclusive Planet Minigolf. What does that mean for you? Expect an exciting new standard in golf action combining stunning 3D graphics and smart play with true-to-life physics, including precisely calculated ball dynamics.

Aspiring to be the best all-around golf experience, we’ve built in a deep single-player campaign that transports players to several exhilarating courses around the world and comes loaded with six customizable characters, remarkable cartoon-style visuals and a daunting 144 unique holes packed with a variety of hazards and interactive objects.
In addition to the single player campaign, we have also included a full suite of multiplayer options – from a local hotseat mode to regular weekly tournaments and worldwide competitions where players can battle it out to see whose nation reigns supreme.
That’s all for now, but we’ll have more exciting news hitting over the next couple of weeks – including a more in depth look at the games online and customizable features.

Jucksalbe

Banned
grumble said:
I'm looking on downloading a PSP game. Which game is better: Disgaea 1 or Disgaea 2 PSP?

If you're ready to invest about 300+ hours, i.e. do all the extra stuff, get Disgaea 2. If you're just looking to play through the story, get Disgaea 1.
D2 has a lot more bonus content and a deeper battle system with more variation, but D1 has by far the more interesting characters and story.

Chris R

Aru said:
The only PS1 RPG we can expect for the next weeks (or this week) is FF8, according to the EU PS blog.
Would be fine with me, as that is the one I'm really wanting to play. Others would be fine too, but FF8 on the US store would be instabuy

grumble

Jucksalbe said:
If you're ready to invest about 300+ hours, i.e. do all the extra stuff, get Disgaea 2. If you're just looking to play through the story, get Disgaea 1.
D2 has a lot more bonus content and a deeper battle system with more variation, but D1 has by far the more interesting characters and story.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually already know the whole Disgaea 1 story, so I think on that basis I might just go for Disgaea 2. For some weird reason I watched the first few episodes of the anime for Disgaea 1, even though I don't like cartoons. Still haven't figured out why I watched it, but if everything but the story is better, I'll go with 2.

Thanks.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So what will the PSPgo users be looking at tomorrow?

I'll guess 5 UMD-to-store conversions, 2 miniS, and 1 not-mini-and-not-UMD-to-store.

And I'll go out on a limb and speculate that PSPgo owners (and people who think they want a PSPgo) will also bitch about the update, regardless.

Should be fun times.

jvm said:

I'll guess 5 UMD-to-store conversions, 2 miniS, and 1 not-mini-and-not-UMD-to-store.

And I'll go out on a limb and speculate that PSPgo owners (and people who think they want a PSPgo) will also bitch about the update, regardless.

Should be fun times.

No whining and complaining here! No Lumines...Socom FTB 3 potentially being released in 2010...the US National Team losing 2-0 to Costa Rica at the moment...I don't care.

It's all good.

:lol

jvm

Gamasutra.
Gamecocks625 said:
No whining and complaining here! No Lumines...Socom FTB 3 potentially being released in 2010...the US National Team losing 2-0 to Costa Rica at the moment...I don't care.

It's all good.

:lol
I should add ... I'm a PSPgo (white) owner. And, yes, Gamecocks625's posts on picking up the white model pushed me in that direction. Put it in the black hard case and it's perfect.

So...not all PSPgo owners will be bitching (I won't, unless PSP gets absolutely nothing) but I expect another week of "THIS SUCKS SONY SCREWED UP WHY WHY WHY GOD?"

There's an 89 MB update file for Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081. Some new DLC units should be available on the store shortly.

kassatsu

Banned
distantmantra said:
There's an 89 MB update file for Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081. Some new DLC units should be available on the store shortly.
It is up now.

RX-78GP02A
RX-81AS

DMeisterJ

Banned
jvm said:

Should be fun times.

I guess three UMD-PS Store conversions, 0 miniS, and 0 PS Store exclusives.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

DEMOS

► Need For Speed: Shift
○ 853 MB

PSP GAMES

► Full Games
○ Me de Unou wo Kitaeru: Sokudoku Jutsu Portable (¥1890)

ADD-ONS

► Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081
○ RX-78GP01 Gundam (¥400)
○ RX-78GP02A Gundam (¥400)
○ RX-81AS Assault Armor (¥300)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid Special
○ Add-on Content Pack 1

► Lumines Supernova
○ Winter Holiday Pack / Classic Pack Set (¥500)

► Tales of Vesperia
○ New DLC Added

► Trinity Universe
○ Add-on Pack

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► PS3 Themes
○ LocoRoco -Midnight Carnival-

► PS3 Wallpapers
○ Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081

► PSP Wallpapers
○ LocoRoco -Midnight Carnival-

Top Bottom