• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/15/09 – topatoi (US)

Jim

Pai Pai Master said:
C'mon Dissidia c'mon Dissidia.

Square Enix confirmed it's coming soon, but, I'm quite sure, some of the publishers want to release on their own weeks, so their releases don't get lost in the crowd.

LCfiner

finally some good news about the PSP game store. good stuff Rockstar.

i'll get betting chinatown wars next week, i think.

for the new page...

Today we are happy to announce the Rockstar Legacy Collection of PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system titles. Beginning October 15, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Midnight Club: L.A. Remix and Manhunt 2 will be available for digital download from the PlayStation®Network for the PSP system.

We are also proud to unveil the official Rockstar-branded storefront on the PlayStation Network. Launching October 22, the storefront will offer the full complement of new and Legacy Rockstar titles for the PSP system, including Beaterator, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and The Warriors, all available for digital download.

jvm

Gamasutra.
LCfiner said:
finally some good news about the PSP game store. good stuff Rockstar.

i'll get betting chinatown wars next week, i think.

for the new page...
Oh, yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

BTW, I think Midnight Club LA Remix is pretty decent. I can't recall what I spent ... maybe $20 (for the download version)? But it's a good racer, holding me over until Ridge Racer makes an appearance. *crosses fingers*

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Aru said:
Maybe someday we'll download non-digital things :lol

Hopefully! Someday pressing this Tab key might grant me a can of soda!

Jim said:
Square Enix confirmed it's coming soon, but, I'm quite sure, some of the publishers want to release on their own weeks, so their releases don't get lost in the crowd.

Ya its like I was saying last week! Stagger stagger stagger!

Anyways I wonder at what point do PS Classics get seperated into letter/number categories? They're up to like 66 now so the list is getting long but still managable I think?

Oh oh and how come PS3 download games never have their size requirements mentioned in the store but PS Classics & PSP games do? Always wondered about that!

lupinko

Blu_LED said:
Every game that is released after January 2009 has trophies. It's not even a question anymore.

Actually if it's a later localization job or if it's grandfathered in, it's up to the publiser/developer iirc.

Like that plane game by Sierra or how Rockman 9 came out this year without trophies in Japan.

Wow, my potential bill for next week is already at least $89.96 - GTA:CW ($40), Trine($20) and Half-Minute Hero($30). I don't think I can swing all that... but Half-Min takes priority.

Returners

Reluctant-Hero said:
Wow, my potential bill for next week is already at least $89.96 - GTA:CW ($40), Trine($20) and Half-Minute Hero($30). I don't think I can swing all that... but Half-Min takes priority.

ahhh crud. same here.

netguy503

Reluctant-Hero said:

Has the price for Trine been confirmed? This is the first I'm hearing of it.

lupinko

Pretty sure the original price for Trine was $14.99, but then again that was announced awhile ago, and for all we know the price could have changed.

netguy503

lupinko said:
Pretty sure the original price for Trine was $14.99, but then again that was announced awhile ago, and for all we know the price could have changed.

Cool, so it might be sharable? Wipeout is sharable with a platinum and I'm pretty sure it's around the same price.

I doubt they will get many sales even at the $15 price point with all the delays now but I guess they can try (they probably should release at $10 now because of the bad press it's been getting because of the history but I guess $15 is ok). I'm also not saying this game wont sell, it will, but it could have been so much better for them.

Good news about Rockstar's stuff on PSN. I've never played any GTA before...is Liberty City Stories any good?

Next up:

Disney Interactive Studios casts their bread into the hungry masses with Lumines II and Every Extend Extra hitting PSN...or whatever

Just a heads up, after the teeny delay the Critter Crunch demo will be up next week...

so all of you that haven't taken the $6.99 plunge can grab the demo, play some adventure, some puzzles and even some online versus multiplayer.

lupinko said:

They confirmed it was 20 back in August on the FrozenByte forums, I'm too lazy to search for it though. It was during the whole pricing snafu where the PC one was 30 or 40 dollars and PC gamers were angry that it was going to be 20 on PSN. But.. now that they are in a more competitive time I hope its only 15!

And there is no reason it shouldn't be shareable. The only games that aren't to my knowlege are Burnout and Warhawk both of which have the 24 hour lock out but are still "shareable". And those 2 were disc based games originally which is why I suspect they have the lock out and WipEout does not.

Edgeward

Gamecocks625 said:
Good news about Rockstar's stuff on PSN. I've never played any GTA before...is Liberty City Stories any good?

If can still go back to playing a GTA III like game in a post GTA 4 world, then you should like LCS. It's pretty much GTA III almost exactly with all the good points and bad points. Can't easily restart missions, dying and losing all your stuff, and the occasional glitches happen just like before. I enjoyed it but it did start wearing on me last third of the game. Story and cutscenes aren't as fleshed out but that's expected. Even though I sound incredibly negative, I will say it's a good game and it still amazes me that they could cram GTA III into the psp.

Edit: Skipped over the part that you haven't played any GTA game before. If that's the case, you're best off playing GTA IV, I think.

Neil

FFObsessed said:
How? Where? Me wantz!

edit: Found it! Zavvi right? Do you know if this is the same in store or only online?

Unless I've been living under a brick and they've rebranded, Zavvi closed all their stores as they went bankrupt. So, it would only be online. But yeah, it was from Zavvi.co.uk :)

Chris R

kassatsu said:
Monkey must have dropped some acid is tripping out to .detuned
I imagine the update monkey looking something like that drunk dude who was tripping on something in that convenience store :lol

newthread1.gif

Instead of a new thread, just change it to update PSN :lol

panda21

rhfb said:
I imagine the update monkey looking something like that drunk dude who was tripping on something in that convenience store :lol

newthread1.gif

Instead of a new thread, just change it to update PSN :lol
:lol :lol :lol

number1jagsfan said:
Okay, I have a question for any Euro people to help me out with. Been trying to buy Critter Crunch with my Euro credit card to no avail, how do people get around having to give a phoney adress for their US account?

Anyone?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have all the five DLCs for Fallout 3 been released on PSN? Has anyone tried them out, any problems etc?

DMeisterJ

Banned
PSone in 2009 update:

► PSone Classics NA 2009 - 37

○Blood Omen
○Bloody Roar
○Bowling
○CoolBoarders 2
○CoolBoarders 3
○Final Fantasy VII
○Final Fantasy Tactics
○Ford Racing
○Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
○Jumpins Flash 2
○King of Fighters 99
○Medal of Honor
○Medal of Honor: Underground
○Metal Gear Solid
○Mobile Light Force
○Nuclear Strike
○Pandemonium!
○Resident Evil
○R Type Delta
○Silent Hill
○Sim City 2000
○Spec Ops: Airborne Commando
○Spec Ops: Covert Assault
○Spec Ops: Ranger Elite
○Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
○Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
○Spyro: Year of the Dragon
○Street Fighter Alpha 2
○Syphon Filter 2
○Ten Pin Alley
○Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
○Tomb Raider
○Tomb Raider 2
○Tomb Raider 3
○Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
○Um Jammer Lammy
○Wild Arms 2
○XS Junior Soccer League

► PSone Classics EU 2009 - 11

○A Bug's Life
○Championship Bass
○Creatures 3: Raised in Space
○Disney's Hercules: Action Game
○Final Fantasy VII
○Future Cop: L.A.P.D.
○Hi-Octane
○James Pond 2: Codename Robocod
○Magic Carpet
○Street Sk8er 2
○The Little Mermaid 2

► PSone Classics JP 2009 - 60

○1 on 1
○Advanced V.G.
○Angel Alliance
○Arubarea No Otome
○Assault Suits Valken 2
○Carnage Hearts EZ
○Chaos Break Episode from "Chaos Heat"
○Cho Aniki: Kyukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyo Otoko
○Chocobo Racing
○Deception III: Dark Delusion
○Dream Generation: Koi Ka? Shigoto Ka!?
○Epica Stella
○Farland Saga: Toki no Michishirube
○Farland Story: Yottsu no Fuuin
○Final Fantasy I
○Final Fantasy II
○Final Fantasy Tactics
○Final Fantasy VII International Version
○Final Fantasy VIII
○Fire Pro Wrestling G
○Fish Eyes 2
○Front Mission 3
○G Police
○Gaia Seed
○Gakkou wo Tsukuro!! 2
○Gakkou wo Tsukuro!! Let's Make a School
○Grandia
○Guardian's Crusade
○Himitsu Sentai Metamor V DX
○Kula World
○Langrisser 1 & 2
○Lunar Wing
○Lunatic Dawn Odyssey
○Mahoutsukai ni Naru Houhou
○Megaman
○Megaman 2
○Mikagura Shoujo Tanteidan
○Monster Rancher Hop-A-Bout
○Neo Atlas 2
○Nihon Pro Maajan Renmei Kounin Doujou Yaburi
○Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty
○PMS Vol 3. Rubbish Blazon
○PMS Vol 4 - Catch! Kimochi Sensation
○Pop'n Pop
○Populous: The Beginning
○Rapid Racer
○Saikyou Toudai Shogi
○Side Pocket 3
○Tall Twins Tower
○Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Mikan no Rupo
○Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Kagaribi ga Kienu Mani
○Tecmo Stackers
○Theme Park
○Theme park Aquarium
○TILK - Aoi Umi kara Kita Shoujo
○Urawaza Mahjong: Korette Tenwatte Yatsukai
○Vagrant Story
○Yamasa Digi Guide Umekagetsu
○Zeus Carnage Heart Second
○Zeus II Carnage Heart

New titles in bold.

--

SCEE adds a whopping ZERO titles to the classics, Thanks Mike Kebby.

3 PSone classics are added by SCEJ, one about mensturating apparently :p

And who knows what SCEA will add, it's 7 EST and there is still no update from the monkey :x

Edit: SCEA gives us one PSone classic, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Speevy

Banned
SCEA caved to public pressure and has been adding them like mad. Europe obviously didn't buy the ones they were given.

It's only taking this long because they knew if they updated it earlier, they might make some of us happy. Sony wouldn't want that, now would they?

Sporty

Neo Member
Seiken said:
Have all the five DLCs for Fallout 3 been released on PSN? Has anyone tried them out, any problems etc?

They are all out and no real problems. I finally have Fallout 3 back up to 100% lol.

I did have a few random lock ups on Point lookout, but I think that was more from Fallout 3 then the DLC, none of my friends had Point Lookout problems, one had lockups on The Pitt but I didn't have a problem on that or anything else...

Top Bottom