• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/15/09 – topatoi (US)

deleted

Bought Critter Crunsh day one and I think its great. Very addicting and especially vs multiplayer is great.

That said, do you think its a good idea to put the full vs multiplayer in the demo and only leave the coop out? (I think you mentioned that in the last PSN store thread Cromulent_Word)
Puzzle games have the longest staying power when the multiplayer is addictive and imo you´ve nailed that "only one more match" feeling with this game.
But if you can get all of this within the demo with no restriction (such as a time or match limit), I think you will miss out on a lot of sales.

Dwayne

Cromulent_Word said:
Not selling so hot. Very sad over here too. Hopefully the demo will help, but what can you do - we made the best game we could for the best price we could, but in the end it's the gamers that define your level of sales success.

If it helps, PSN games tend to have a long shelf life with steady growth. Check out the Noby Noby Boy stats tracker, according to the Boys Total / Daily New Boys, they should roll over 100,000 units in the next 2 months, selling around 100 units a day.

(16 days to Jupiter?!)

Regarding CC, I'd consider buying it if they would actually put demos for PSN games out at the same time as the freaking game itself. It seems daffy to me to put a game on the store and then put out a demo WEEKS after its release. I'm far more likely to buy a game if I can try it right then its first week than if I have to wait for a demo and eventually lose interest.

Timan

Developer
Do people still play (if they can) Fat Princess? Thinking of picking that up this weekend, but I don't want to get it and it be unplayable cause of lag or lack of players.

Chocoboko

ChackanKun said:
No one talking about Mushroom Wars...I assume it sucks? :p
I like it but it gets hard pretty fast. I have only played like 5 levels in but so far it is fun. There are a lot of different games out there that use the same game mechanic but none of those games looks/sounds like this one :p

Dwayne

hikarutilmitt said:
Regarding CC, I'd consider buying it if they would actually put demos for PSN games out at the same time as the freaking game itself. It seems daffy to me to put a game on the store and then put out a demo WEEKS after its release. I'm far more likely to buy a game if I can try it right then its first week than if I have to wait for a demo and eventually lose interest.
Probably some logic behind it though. iirc, the xna data that gamasutra released showed that the games without demos had more sales than the games with demos. Admittingly they were earlier XNA titles, so nothing too notable, but still. Releasing a demo a couple of weeks later means the impulse buyers have got their purchase out of the way, and the more reserved buyers can make an informed decision. It also keeps the game in the public eye longer, rather than release one week, disappear the next.

Darkpen

Banned
I just saw the Tekken 6 Motivation trailer... and what the fuck? I had my ps3 play through all of the videos I downloaded, and this one came up. Watching it, I assumed it was for some MMA game, but instead, I see Tekken characters pop up at the very end. Very "wtf" moment :/

DaBargainHunta said:
Any reason there wasn't a demo right out of the gate? Especially since a demo was apparently included with the final download.

I think a demo would've helped sales tremendously. When I heard there was one included with the final game purchase, but not available outside of that, that turned me off quite a bit - to be perfectly honest with you.

Now that I know a standalone demo is coming, I'm excited for it. Just wondering why it wasn't here a week ago?
Personally, I was surprised to see a launch trailer at the capy website, but not on PSN. I think that trailer would have helped a lot, too.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
AwRy108 said:
Oh, and I'm sure you're not really a dickhead, so pardon my earlier generalization.
You must have missed my tag!

OldJadedGamer said:
I would argue that the game gets the most press, the most attention when it first comes out. By releasing a demo later, people move on to other things like the next best and greatest game. We as gamers have ADD and you have to catch us early and strike when the iron is hot.
There's later and then there's later. I think there's obviously a window here in which the demo can still be relevant and helpful after the game's initial release. We're not talking about a demo released 6 months after release.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the nature of these online stores makes an event out of the weekly release of content, whether free or paid. They put emphasis on what's new and focus attention around it as one weekly event. A demo for a previously released game still gets top billing right where the ADD gamer would be looking.

Darkpen said:
I just saw the Tekken 6 Motivation trailer... and what the fuck?
That was seriously the most gratuitously exploitative and gratingly incongruous thing I've seen in a while.

Blu_LED said:
It's confirmed that you only use R and L for everything in the game right? No buttons?

Announced in Germany yesterday, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival uses just the shoulder buttons of the PSP and can be played with the PSPgo slid closed. Holding on to the triggers tilts the on-screen world in that direction just like it did in the two previous PSP games, but now you can perform massive jumps -- called Boings -- that launch your LocoRoco high into the air.

How do Boings work? Well, thanks for asking, chum. See, while holding one of the shoulder buttons, you tap the other shoulder button and your blob launches itself into the air while leaving a colorful trail of awesomeness. You can string Boings together for a combo bonus to bolster your score, and the move chain will be key to pulling off wall-jumping combos that allow you to reach places that would be otherwise unreachable.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/101/1015356p1.html

Lain

I only downloaded the FFXIII TGS trailer this week, to have the english voiced one on my PS3 along the Japanese one.
Now, I had already watched it on SE website, but rewatching it I kinda had the impression the VAs for the english one seem to have a problem with the S. Is it a cocoon thing? People in that world have to have a problem with the letter S? Many characters seem to have a funny S.

Chocoboko

Any recommendations for Super Stardust Portable? I liked the PS3 version but not sure if I would like more of it. Is this version very different or is it just more of the same?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Chocoboko said:
Any recommendations for Super Stardust Portable? I liked the PS3 version but not sure if I would like more of it. Is this version very different or is it just more of the same?
As I've said elsewhere...ah, crap, I'll just quote it:
jvm said:
I absolutely adore Super Stardust HD on the PS3. I love Super Stardust Portable just as much.

You do have to realize up front that they are different games. My complaints with the reviews I read (I think Eurogamer was one in particular) is that there was too much "this isn't the PS3 game" noise. It's true, they aren't the same game, but the handheld version has been tweaked in just the right way to make it a thoroughly enjoyable handheld game in the same spirit as the PS3 one.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. And, like the PS3 version, the Endless mode pretty much justifies the cost of the add-on. But feel free to go with the baseline version and see if you agree that it's great and then get the add-on when you fee like spending a couple of bucks more.
More directly to your particular question -- there's no new content in the PSP version, but it is frickin' sharks with lasers Super Stardust HD in a portable form!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bought Critter Crunch this morning, and I've been playing it ever since. Such an awesome puzzler.

I can recommend it to anyone with a PS3.

Top Bottom