• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/23/08

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nofi said:
Small dev-team? It's an old-school shooter, the graphics are adequate.
Fine with the graphics, but a shooter in 30 fps (AGAIN, WITH THOSE GRAPHICS) makes me sick. Seriously, after spending an hour with the game I felt like throwing up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nofi said:
Really? Really?
Yes, I'm serious. It felt weird and I had to rest for two hours or something.

nofi

Seiken said:
Yes, I'm serious. It felt weird and I had to rest for two hours or something.

What were you doing, sat an inch from the screen or something? I'm genuinely interested.

Yoshichan

nofi said:
What were you doing, sat an inch from the screen or something? I'm genuinely interested.
I don't know if I played it right, I'm about 7 feet away from a 40" screen.

Holy shit, I didn't know anything about PoP Classic before now, didn't even know such a game existed on XBLA, let alone that it's coming to PSN! SOLD!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Seiken said:
I don't know if I played it right, I'm about 7 feet away from a 40" screen.

Isn't the reccomended viewing distance for that size screen like half a mile or something? :lol

(I need a bigger tv, my 26" is tooooo smalllllll)

GrayFoxPL

nofi said:
Small dev-team? It's an old-school shooter, the graphics are adequate.

I hyped up the game when it was released. But didn't touch it much after the patch. Why? Because theyyy fucking ruined the game!

Believe it or not, but the game looked way better before the patch. People were bitching that the ship was too small and they said the made it bigger and something. What they really did was messing with object hights and scale. Everything seems to fly much lower to the ground. And the objects on the ground and textures started to look like a mess! Most likely they are the same as before but zooming the shit out of it made it like that. Everything looks worse, even the amazing explosions.
They messed with the engine too, it feels different.

To sum it up: The game looks shitty now .

The only good things about the patch are new, alot better control scheme and lower difficulty.

But yeah, they fucked up their own game with that patch. So I don't blame Seiken for his negative impressions. It kinda makes me puke too :\.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
GrayFoxPL said:
I hyped up the game when it was released. But didn't touch it much after the patch. Why? Because the fucking ruined the game!

Believe it or not, but the game looked way better before the patch. People were bitching that the ship was too small and they said the made it bigger and something. What they really did was messing with object hights and scale. Everything seems to fly much lower to the ground. And the objects on the ground and textures started to look like a mess! Most likely they are the same as before but zooming the shit out of it made it like that. Everything looks worse, even the amazing explosions.
They messed with the engine too, it feels different.

To sum it up: The game looks shitty now .

The only good things about the patch are new, alot better control scheme and lower difficulty.

But yeah, they fucked up their own game with that patch. So I don't blame Seiken for his negative impressions. It kinda makes me puke too :\.

I will pass then! Thanks for saving me time/moneys.

Yoshichan

McBradders said:
No problem sir :)

MadFuzzy

More Japanese store stuff for the list today:

Add-ons:

Soul Calibur IV: Yoda - 600 yen
Vampire Rain: Online Characters #5 - 400 yen
Vampire Rain: Online Rules #2 - 200 yen

Wallpapers:

To Love (x2) - free

Xater

Grayman said:
WhatTheHell?

► Mega Man 9
○ Time Attack / Fake Man ($0.99)
○ Hard Mode ($0.99)
○ Expert Mode ($0.99)

Those are probably the last things this game needs...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
PoP Classic, nice.

I may get Novastrike as well. Anyone know the UK pricing? I'm guessing £4.99/5.99.

Yoshichan

MadFuzzy said:
Pixeljunk Monsters can be added to the trophy list as well - Japanese patch today, US/European one on 30th October with a bit of luck.
It's in.
industrian said:
I may get Novastrike as well. Anyone know the UK pricing? I'm guessing £4.99/5.99.
I say it'd be 7.99 £

GrayFoxPL

McBradders said:

No problem. I'll wait for patch of the patch before I get back to the game. :D

Hopefully the devs are aware they made a boo boo.

maxax

Just dropping in here to say that I really like Novastrike when I played it on the hardest difficulty. There is actually a lot of strategy involved there.

It's not perfect, but it's not terrible either.

reminder

Second said:
No N+ love for PSN?

Is there a version planned?

Yes, it is. But it's another timed exclusive for XBLA.

In an interview with PSP Fanboy, N+ creators Metanet confirmed a PSN version of N+ (recently released on Xbox 360) is definitely in the works. However, it will not appear on the service any time soon. "Yes, however due to an exclusivity clause in our XBLA contract, it may not be for a while."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/02/29/n-coming-to-psn-but-itll-take-a-while/

Zoc

MadFuzzy said:
Anyone seen the Pixeljunk Monsters trophy list from the Japanese version yet?

Yup, all in English, too. There were a few challenges that involved hoarding 10000 gold/12000 gold, and 25 gems. One challenge was to drop at least 200 hundred into the water, another was to finish the bridge stage without crossing the bridge, and another two were to finish levels with only green flags/only black flags.

I'm sure someone else will type up a complete list soon.

Aru

biocat said:
I think I might. SD Bleach fighting might be fun and being able to leave it on my card is always nice.

I'm a Bleach fan, so if you could tell me your opinion after trying the game, it would be nice :)

vercity82

I was looking back and thought this must mean today or another delay?

Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.

kaleii

vercity82 said:
I was looking back and thought this must mean today or another delay?

Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.

Well, next Thursday is the 30th, so it's could come then as well.

Struct09

Some DLC for Guitar Hero: World Tour went up for XBL today, and I'd imagine they'd put it up on PSN too so it's there for launch. It's the classic rock pack which isn't timed exclusive to the 360 version.

"Rock and Roll Band" by Boston
"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield
"Hot Blooded" by Foreigner

On XBL they are $2 each individually, or $5.50 for the pack (same pricing structure as Rock Band)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
"► Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - also includes expansion pack"

eta on this for EU anyone ?

Jim

Supposedly there is a good chance that there will be a WWE Smackdown 09 Demo in some PAL regions today (at least).

Spy

Good update. I'm still going to complain and say I've been waiting for Dark Mist for a long time.

Flunkie said:
I'd like to take this time to say that everyone should go buy Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, now.
Everyone do this.

mauaus

Jim said:
Supposedly there is a good chance that there will be a WWE Smackdown 09 Demo in some PAL regions today (at least).
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh gimme my Nirvana instead!!

Steroyd

WTH the thread goes up early and the update is late, the premonitions were true. :lol

It can't be coincidence can it? o_O

AndyD

aka andydumi
Steroyd said:
WTH the thread goes up early and the update is late, the premonitions were true. :lol

It can't be coincidence can it? o_O

DOnt jinx it. Its better this way than the other way.

Top Bottom