• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/05/09 – Military Madness: Nectaris (US) | Numblast (US)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Gamecocks625 said:
I almost jumped out of my chair. Holy crap don't do that again :lol
Sorry, dude, but you know that joke was for you. :lol

Anyway, I'm pretty much happy as a clam now. I started replaying HSG:OT2 on my pspgo and it's lovely. Sure, I'd like EEE and SIE and RR, but I'm patient ... for now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*sigh*

1) Adding a 16 GB card brings the price of a 3000 within $20 of the go, and adding bluetooth and extra portability is worth that amount.

2) Sony isn't dropping digital downloads (which make them a hell of a lot more money) when regular PSP owners also download them and they need to keep the market established for the future.

3) PSPgo can't "die" because it is the PSP platform

4) PSP2 won't come out until PS4

5) It has enough for me to be satisfied already. I don't buy systems on a dream of what they might become. If there is any comparison for the PSPgo failing (if it does) then it is the GB Micro, which is still awesome.

Sorry for you guys who already had collections in UMD :p

Dice said:
*sigh*

1) Adding a 16 GB card brings the price of a 3000 within $20 of the go, and adding bluetooth and extra portability is worth that amount.

2) Sony isn't dropping digital downloads (which make them a hell of a lot more money) when regular PSP owners also download them and they need to keep the market established for the future.

3) PSPgo can't "die" because it is the PSP platform

4) PSP2 won't come out until PS4

5) It has enough for me to be satisfied already. I don't buy systems on a dream of what they might become. If there is any comparison for the PSPgo failing (if it does) then it is the GB Micro, which is still awesome.

I had 40+ UMD games and absolutely love the PSP Go. I just can't go back to playing UMDs anymore since I got the go (I wish I could ditch my entire UMD collection and go to downloads). I found the PSP Go to be really awesome and very glad I bought mine. Going to make travel much easier having all my games together instead of carrying several UMDs or a device that doesn't fit in my pocket (what I mean is that the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 didn't fit in my pocket too well, unlike the Go).

jvm

Gamasutra.
BoilersFan23 said:
I had 40+ UMD games and absolutely love the PSP Go. I just can't go back to playing UMDs anymore since I got the go (I wish I could ditch my entire UMD collection and go to downloads). I found the PSP Go to be really awesome and very glad I bought mine. Going to make travel much easier having all my games together instead of carrying several UMDs or a device that doesn't fit in my pocket (what I mean is that the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 didn't fit in my pocket too well, unlike the Go).
Pay attention people. This is really how it is.

I've already made moves to get my UMD collection donated to my alma mater (NCSU). I'm PSPgo all the way from here on out, and I'm not looking back.

jvm said:
Sorry, dude, but you know that joke was for you. :lol

Anyway, I'm pretty much happy as a clam now. I started replaying HSG:OT2 on my pspgo and it's lovely. Sure, I'd like EEE and SIE and RR, but I'm patient ... for now.

The problem was I read it as "I checked the official SCEA schedule and it's listed as coming out next week when Lumines 1 & 2 hit the PSP store!"

:lol

Right on about HSG:OT 2. Awesome, awesome golf game and one of the big reasons I ditched the DS to get a PSP.

Speevy

Banned
You didn't like the announcer?

OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

AAWWWWWWWWW

OOOOOOOOOOOH

NIIIIIIIIIICE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

FOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUULLLLL

SCRAAAAAAAAATCHHHHHH

COOOOOMMMMMBOOOOOO

kassatsu

Banned
Speevy said:
You didn't like the announcer?

OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

AAWWWWWWWWW

OOOOOOOOOOOH

NIIIIIIIIIICE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

FOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUULLLLL

SCRAAAAAAAAATCHHHHHH

COOOOOMMMMMBOOOOOO

XD that is pretty accurate!

alske said:
Yeah, this version seems to be pretty bad.
* The music is terrible, the remixed music is awful, awful, awful. Furthermore they interrupt the music for a lame battle theme which means that you wind up hearing the first 10 seconds of each sides music over and over and over. :(
* Even set to fast movement and battles aren't as fast as they should be. Instant provides no feedback. The old battles where great. :(
* The interface stutters all over the place, moving guys, attacking guys, ending a turn. It's just for a moment but it's noticable and really annoying. :(
* The graphics in the game are overly busy and wind up being ugly because of it. :(

What a huge disappointment. :( :( :(

* I didn't notice any stutter playing the demo, but yeah, the music didn't fit well, did it? I really didn't like that they took out the "one side is winning" themes. (That being said, if you go into and then quit out of an MP game, the main menu theme temporarily becomes the Map Theme from the original game. Fits wayyyy better. Go figure.)

* I would agree that the UI is busy, the art is more or less faithful to the original design. I still say it's worth a shot for anybody tired with the random math and low level AI of the original; I mean, it's fundamentally a friendlier version of that game and the PS1 game. But yeah, you get 2-4MP instead of the extended extras of the PS1 game.

It would have really been great to make a sort of omnibus game with Neo Nectaris and all the extra maps, but it was pretty much going to be multiplat from the start with that 40MB Wii limit being the ultimate arbiter on what the games could fit.

* I didn't check for speed-up modes. I don't think it's a deal killer but yeah, AW is still clearly ahead in some ways.

jimid2

Neo Member
Dice said:
uh ya... So when I put my PSPgo down, grab my 2000, and play Lumines, DracX, Ridge Racer, MGS Portable Ops, MGAcid, Brave Story, Crisis Core or any of the other 100+ titles I personally own on UMD that aren't available on PSN, you feel sorry for me? :lol

Zoe

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but there was a JP notice about a problem with FFVIII. The e-mail tells you to redownload it from the store.

jimid2 said:
uh ya... So when I put my PSPgo down, grab my 2000, and play Lumines, DracX, Ridge Racer, MGS Portable Ops, MGAcid, Brave Story, Crisis Core or any of the other 100+ titles I personally own on UMD that aren't available on PSN, you feel sorry for me? :lol
Once those games appear in the store (Brave Story is already in the PS Store btw), its very hard to go back to slow loading, noise making, and occasional hiccup in games UMD. Digital pretty much eliminates the issues with UMDs, which is why I won't ever buy a UMD again. Playing MotorStorm: AE on both really shows the difference between UMD and digital IMO.

I did buy Numblast on PSP and PS3. Haven't played on my PSP yet, but it's definitely fun.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I might have missed the posts on this, but $10 cards are now in Best Buy. Saw them tonight (Chattanooga, TN). Now that I've removed my CC information from my account, they could be useful.

nny

...is this old news?

VS-PSN.png

November 12.

Aru

nny said:
...is this old news?

VS-PSN.png

November 12.

Must be the surprise they were talking about.
Don't know if want, because I have mixed feeling about the previous Matsuno games I've played (flawed gameplay and story, but somehow enjoyable).

DMeisterJ

Banned
nny said:
...is this old news?

VS-PSN.png

November 12.
WAT?

Grace Chen you had better listen and you had better listen well. If punk ass SCEE get any good PS1 classics before SCEA given their bull shot updates on the service week after week, it is going to be on and popping... I will cut a bitch. SCEE has been longsuffering for such a long period of time, and now is not the time to let up! Do you want Kebby to win?

Give us VS before SCEE for god's sake!

Aru

DMeisterJ said:
WAT?

Grace Chen you had better listen and you had better listen well. If punk ass SCEE get any good PS1 classics before SCEA given their bull shot updates on the service week after week, it is going to be on and popping... I will cut a bitch. SCEE has been longsuffering for such a long period of time, and now is not the time to let up! Do you want Kebby to win?

Give us VS before SCEE for god's sake!

If VS is released Thursday, how do you plan on having it on the US store before us ? :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sigh.

I can't believe that FFObsesed is going to win this week. I normally can taunt him with the crappy PSone update, but not this week :(

I have to admit, I am addicted to buying games off of PSN now. I own a psp-3000 but can't see myself ever buying a UMD again. If VS comes out this week my streak of at least one game a week will continue.

Top Bottom