• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/12/09 – Braid (US)

Braid looks great, plays great. God, I'm already trying to figure things out that seem beyond my current abilities. I keep second guessing shit, like" maybe i need something before I can get this piece...or maybe not?" Fuck me, it's the wrong time of game for this time (11:15 over here) :lol

Also, seems like some of the leaderboards are borked at the moment.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

Demos

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid Special
○ 1003 MB

Themes & Wallpapers

► PSP Premium Themes
○ Armored Core Silent Line Portable

krae_man

outunderthestars said:
Expect pricing to match retail as long as Sony is selling games in stores....

bought uncharted pinball. it's fun so far, worth the $4. I like being able to play it vertically. :)

Why? itunes albums arn't the same price as CD's.

Personally I think the whole "Gamestop will be pissed" thing is overreacting. Give them cards, price everything right and they will sell more PSP systems then before and sell more cards then UMD's.

krae_man said:

Personally I think the whole "Gamestop will be pissed" thing is overreacting. Give them cards, price everything right and they will sell more PSP systems then before and sell more cards then UMD's.

Gamestop is not making any worthwhile money on selling PSP hardare and cards.

Its the used game sales which they profit from.

krae_man said:

Apple doesn't also have to try and sell cds in record stores as well. Also, the music industry has been so damaged by piracy that they will take just about anything at this point.

Go price downloadable movies and you'll find prices that match retail as well.

As long as the vast majority of games are sold at retail, DD versions of games sold in stores will match retail pricing.

mrwilt

What has happened to the MX vs ATV series? The first MX Unleashed was sooooo good, but it's gone downhill from there. The only cool thing about this game is the deformable terrain. Spin around on the ATV and see what I mean. The rider you control seems so stiff. I'm really disappointed.

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

Demos

► Bejeweled 2 (English Ver.)
○ 23 MB

► Star Trek D-A-C (English Ver.)
○ 133 MB

PS3 Games

► Bejeweled 2 (English Ver.)
○ HK$ 78.00

► Star Trek D-A-C (English Ver.)
○ HK$ 78.00

Add-ons

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid Special (Japanese Ver.)
○ Add-on Content #3

► Dragon Age: Origins (English Ver.)
○ The Stone Prisoner (HK$ 120.00)
○ Warden’s Keep (HK$ 56.00)

► Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081 (Japanese Ver.)
○ RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam (HK$ 32.00)
○ RX-178 Gundam Mark II (HK$ 40.00)
○ RX-81LA Light Armor RX-81 (HK$ 24.00)

► Trinity Universe (Japanese Ver.)
○ Medicine Book Complete Version
○ Healing Idol Pack
○ Selfishness of Valkyrie Pack

Speevy

Banned
StateofMind said:
So I've heard good things about Braid, but $15? That seems $5 too high for me. Is it worth it?

If you've never played it, yes. It's very easily one of the best downloadable games you'll ever play.

Trust me.

jaydogg691

So I checked my email that is associated with my JPN PSN account and got a redemption code for something Phantasy Star Portable 2 related. I was wondering if someone could translate the description. I haven't redeemed the code yet, but if someone could translate it or tell me what this thing is I'll give that person the code.

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

kassatsu

Banned
jaydogg691 said:
I don't know what that is. Do want the code?

Edit: Wait, PSP2 has online play?
If you want to play the Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo with infrastructure mode. You will need that license file.

psy18

I'm a bit confused with DLC region lock.
If I have a region 2 game, can I buy and use DLC from UK and/or Spain store?

Benedict

Mike has commented on the removal of COD on the EU PS-blog

For those who have noticed the issue regarding Call of Duty: Classic, we were advised that the game should have only been available as a voucher, and not widely available for the public, so we had to remove it from the store. Apologies for this, but there was a miscommunication between us and the publisher :(

---
It was intended for voucher only (for consumers who had bought some of the other versions of MW2) but we were also informed it was for release on the store also, turns out this was not the case.

If you bought it, you keep it, simple as that, it’s just not going to be available for the wider public at the moment.

I think this is a big mistake from Activision. They will lose a lot of sales if they release it later, when Modern Warfare 2 has no longer the hype it has now.

Benedict said:
Mike has commented on the removal of COD on the EU PS-blog

For those who have noticed the issue regarding Call of Duty: Classic, we were advised that the game should have only been available as a voucher, and not widely available for the public, so we had to remove it from the store. Apologies for this, but there was a miscommunication between us and the publisher :(

---
It was intended for voucher only (for consumers who had bought some of the other versions of MW2) but we were also informed it was for release on the store also, turns out this was not the case.

If you bought it, you keep it, simple as that, it’s just not going to be available for the wider public at the moment.

I think this is a big mistake from Activision. They will lose a lot of sales if they release it later, when Modern Warfare 2 has no longer the hype it has now.
That's a pretty major cock-up. How did SCEE know what price to give it if Activision hadn't told them?! I always thought it was only supposed to be for the special editions from what IW had said before.

jiggles

Banned
I think it'd me more the case that it was supposed to be up but it isn't. SCEE have done this loads of times. Publisher thinks game/content is going up, posts to tell fans, then makes a retraction when the PS Store team fuck them over.

This, along with the CoD and Vagrant Story fuckups this week, and every other bumbling mistake they've made to date, makes me wonder how in the hell the division hasn't been seriously reworked.

It does all seem to be in a bit of a mess, things promised then withdrawn.

Silent Hill is one of those things, I was lucky to get hold of a copy before they took it down, but why it hasn't been resolved and put back up it is just mind boggling.

ibu

The SCEE store is an example of how not to do a store, going from layout, to special offers (i will let slide this week as C&C is on there) to actual content on the store at a reasonable price.

They need to pull their finger out, I mean how can a £200 purchase of a Go be justified when there isn't even any new releases on there apart from the odd one or two?

Where is Pro Evo 2010, for example?

There are not enough psone classics up on their either which when you consider the amount that has been rated and accepted (Resident Evil series, Silent Hill etc.), it is beyond a joke.

I am thinking of just downloading all my stuff from the US PSN store and ignoring the Euro one as there is jus nothing on there of note.

Rlan

ibu said:
The SCEE store is an example of how not to do a store, going from layout, to special offers (i will let slide this week as C&C is on there) to actual content on the store at a reasonable price.

They need to pull their finger out, I mean how can a £200 purchase of a Go be justified when there isn't even any new releases on there apart from the odd one or two?

Where is Pro Evo 2010, for example?

There are not enough psone classics up on their either which when you consider the amount that has been rated and accepted (Resident Evil series, Silent Hill etc.), it is beyond a joke.

I am thinking of just downloading all my stuff from the US PSN store and ignoring the Euro one as there is jus nothing on there of note.

Haha, I mentioned these in my article about a month ago:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25596

We don't even have a fucking demos tab in Europe.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
micromagic said:
That's a pretty major cock-up. How did SCEE know what price to give it if Activision hadn't told them?! I always thought it was only supposed to be for the special editions from what IW had said before.

it will be available for sale later, I assume the price was already set.

jimid2

Neo Member
Four el-cheapo pinball tables? And a $40 brawler?!? What the hell?!?

When I think of the hundreds of quality PSX and PSP titles that aren't on PSN right now, it boggles the mind that they can't do better than this week's update... Pathetic Sony, just freakin' pathetic... They really don't want anyone to buy the PSPGo, do they?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Pinball Heroes is kinda crappy. The primary allure for me over say rebuying the Gottlieb Pinball of Fame was the online leaderboards, but the implementation is garbage: the game won't maintain a network connection during a session, it forces you to connect each time you want upload your score or check the leaderboards. But even that's not correctly implemented because if you want to access the leaderboards at the end of a game, just after you've uploaded your latest score, it won't let you connect to the leaderboards to refresh them and view your new position. You can only do that if you get out of the particular pinball table and go back to game client's main menu.

Not to mention the network connection process is a flickery mess requiring a record number of connection screens before you actually get connected. Bizarre

With regards to the table I purchased - Uncharted - it's very blah. Visually uninspiring, no voice samples of the main characters used anywhere on the table as far as I can tell, just a lot of missed opportunities to make a table that does the theme justice.

Ranger X said:
Braid is not bad at all! Didn't have time to try it much, will play more tonight.

Needless to say, 1080p 2D = joy.

The puzzles...oh gawd the puzzles! If only I could print out the flowchart-esque thought process that I go through trying to get some of these puzzle pieces. I really can't wait to get out of work and keep playing this. I'm enjoying it much more than MW2's campaign mode, if that says anything :lol

jvm

Gamasutra.
kaching said:
With regards to the table I purchased - Uncharted - it's very blah. Visually uninspiring, no voice samples of the main characters used anywhere on the table as far as I can tell, just a lot of missed opportunities to make a table that does the theme justice.
As I suspected...

For all of Sony's decent moves this season, sorry use of their properties is disappointing.

Fully completed Worlds 2 and 3 in Braid last night. Tried 4 a little bit this morning and it was stumping me, so I can't wait to get back to it later. I feel like figuring it all out on my own will definitely make this game worth the $15.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Braid is running at a locked 60FPS, no tearing, from the few levels I jumped into last night to test. Joy to look at, and a perfect port from what I could tell. Runs in 1080p, but I'd imagine it's upscaled to that, as I don't think they have assets for the game made in anything above 720p?

Pinball Heroes, I got two tables, and the Uncharted and HVB ones are pretty decent. As Kaching said, online implementation is kinda botched, but the tables look good, and the slower ball movement is nice and makes for a weighty feel. How do I rotate it vertically?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Anyone know when Braid is hitting the EU store ?

Also glad I grabbed COD Classic while it was up on the EU store, such a great game.

lowrider007 said:
Anyone know when Braid is hitting the EU store ?

Also glad I grabbed COD Classic while it was up on the EU store, such a great game.

All quiet on the eastern front im afraid.

I got the hardened edition for COD classic then they mess it up and put it on the store anyway! Brilliant

Man, if I lived in euroland there would be nothing stopping me from buying shit on the NA store. You guys really deserve better than what you're getting.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Man, if I lived in euroland there would be nothing stopping me from buying shit on the NA store. You guys really deserve better than what you're getting.

Tell me about it, I got so sick of waiting for the EU store I even have to buy all my retail games from the US because chances are if there are any patches or DLC Euroland is forced to wait for it.

Top Bottom