• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 12/10/13 - Doki Doki Universe (PS4/3/Vita) | Terraria (Vita - EU)

Tizoc

No, one of the main guys behind the game was also responsible for Toe Jam and Earl.

The game is about a robot who is abandoned by his family, and is then told by the company that made him that he is going to be "discontinued" unless he can gain humanity.

The purpose (the way I understand it) is that you visit different planets in order to help various characters with their problems in order to become more human (think Data from Star Trek, or Pinocchio).

You also get your own planet that you can customize, and it comes with your own in game shrink who will give your personality quizzes. You can also fly through space on a giant piece of shit (literally).

And for the youngsters:

http://youtu.be/vloYvK2sK1g

One of my favorite Genesis franchises.

Fuck it, I'm lazy. I'm gonna make a discussion thread for it instead.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
How are the controls for the console Terraria? On the mobile phones / tablets .. touch screen was a pain and quitted within 5 minutes of trying. I heard it was not easy on the PC too.

Controls on PS3 are really good. I actually prefer it now, and I've been playing the PC version for ages.

Vaco6121

Sony finally added FFV to the Vita store. Also how is Sorcery Saga for anyone that has played it, is it worth getting?

Takao

Banned
8tnu010000axeunv.png

8tnu010000axeuo5.png

8tnu010000axeuof.png

8tnu010000axeuop.png

8tnu010000axeuoz.png

8tnu010000axeuqe.png

8tnu010000axeuqt.png

8tnu010000axeur7.png

8tnu010000axeurl.png

8tnu010000axeurz.png

Easiest trophy set ever coming to PS3 next week. It's Aabs Animals, and is like $5. A portion of the proceeds are donated to Japanese animal societies.

So is Terraria cross buy or not?

Nope.

Couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on DDU, esp after seeing all the DLC add-ons added to the PS Store today. Seeing a bunch of customization options doled out in DLC chunks is a real turn-off for me, personally. I'll d/l the demo though and see what they're going for.

Spelunky though.. $3.75 is a damn silly price for such a great game. I'm picking this up mainly for when I get a Vita.

I would've grabbed D&D: CoM on the cheap also if that game had save-state functionality as I rarely get a chance these days to sit down and play games like that in sizable chunks.

Yeah wtf, I really want to play this game already.

I don't get what is going on... I thought we'd have an update by now for PS4 and all the games are trickling out so slowly. I thought we'd have Outlast, Octodad and that weird game Conan played by now.

Does anyone have a game release list?

ironcreed

Banned
I think I am going to grab Strength of the Sword 3 for $5. It is supposed to be quite a challenging little sword fighting game and looks fun.

Hey is borderlands 1 showing up for Plus and not Borderlands 2 for anyone else?

They had borderlands 1 last year, I thought this was supposed to be 2?

Also, Terraria cross-buy would be awesome, since I bit at last weeks sale...

I don't get what is going on... I thought we'd have an update by now for PS4 and all the games are trickling out so slowly. I thought we'd have Outlast, Octodad and that weird game Conan played by now.

None of those games you mentioned were going to be at launch or even by the end of the year. All are supposed to be launch window titles i.e. through till the end of March. I think if you take a look at the PS4 library then it ought to be a lot more robust.

As for the indie games coming down the pipeline, Don't Starve hits PS4 exactly a month from today.

Hey is borderlands 1 showing up for Plus and not Borderlands 2 for anyone else?

It's showing up for me as well. It's a mistake.

Tohsaka

I'll probably pick up Spelunky, One Piece and possibly Doki-Doki Universe. I already got the retail version of Sorcery Saga earlier today.

Grinchy

Banned
With Starbound being pretty broken after this patch, I'm starting to think I might grab the Vita version of Terraria in the meantime until Starbound gets a few patches under its belt. Still have to wait until next week for the NA release, but hopefully we gets some EU impressions.

With Starbound being pretty broken after this patch, I'm starting to think I might grab the Vita version of Terraria in the meantime until Starbound gets a few patches under its belt. Still have to wait until next week for the NA release, but hopefully we gets some EU impressions.

I think thats what i'm going to do. My soul was crushed with that wipe, but holy hell is Starbound good. I can't wait for the Vita version and I hope it comes same day as the console version.

Does anyone have a game release list?

Zen Pinball 2 is next week and Don't Starve is listed as Jan. 7th on the store. Octodad, Outlast, Mercenary Kings, TowerFall Ascension, and a few others are all Q1 I believe.

Grinchy

Banned
I think thats what i'm going to do. My soul was crushed with that wipe, but holy hell is Starbound good. I can't wait for the Vita version and I hope it comes same day as the console version.

Yeah Starbound on PS4/Vita is going to be incredible. If I didn't think it was going to take forever to get those ports, I would have held off from getting the PC version. But let's be real- it's going to take forever haha.

I just wish the PC version of Terraria had controller support so I could play comfortably on my TV. After 60ish hours, I got really tired of tediously mining every single tiny block with a mouse.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Grace Chen wtf are you doing! People might want to download Borderlands 1 before it gets fixed.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is it related to Doki Doki Panic?
All I know is, Doki Doki is Japanese onomotopeia for your heart pounding, like Thump Thump. Game looks strange, like an adventure game with leveling...

Bebpo

Banned
So is the store back to Tuesday updates now? When the PS4 came out in NA it updated on that Fri, then it seemed to update on Fri for the last few weeks and now...it's back to Tuesday?

So is the store back to Tuesday updates now? When the PS4 came out in NA it updated on that Fri, then it seemed to update on Fri for the last few weeks and now...it's back to Tuesday?

It updated that friday for PS4 launch but since it's still been on Tuesdays. Last week GT6 was Friday so that didn't go up until then but the rest was still on Tuesday.

It updated Tuesday per regular schedule, but the Friday updates you mentioned were likely PS4 launch-related titles, NA followed by EU two weeks later.

kick51

Banned
I think I am going to grab Strength of the Sword 3 for $5. It is supposed to be quite a challenging little sword fighting game and looks fun.

Yeah, first time I've been sold by a game's description in recent memory-- "very difficult, but not unfair hack and slash" is its selling point and metacritic around 70, which says "hidden gem" to me.

bought it, but prob gonna spend tonight with borderlands 2

Thanks. It's got cross-save though, which is the next best thing. If the price is right, I may bite again. But if they want £12 for it or whatever, then no thanks. £8 is probably my upper limit.

I didn't realise Doki Doki Universe was PS4 only. What the hell?!

EDIT - no it's not; it's just that the PSN store is dumb. On the web version, it says 'Playable on' with only PS4 written immediately beneath. But if you scroll down and read all the information, it says "Cross-Buy
• Buy the full game once for PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®Vita to get it for all three systems."

Never mind; ignore me.

Aeroangel

Banned
For anyone that has bought or played the trial of Doki Doki Universe, can you tell me what you think of it?

I honestly don't know how to feel about it, on the one hand I loved the little personality quizes, but on the other the actual game play it feels like little big planet decorating minus the game play...

I just want to know if that part of the game gets any more interesting, because after doing the tutorial planet I was left feeling very "meh" until I did the personality quizes then I was like "well that's pretty fun and interesting..."

Has anyone messed around with the Doki-Doki mail thing?

I thought it would post to my friend's facebook wall, but they're not appearing when I send the message.

Top Bottom