• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/23/08 (Christmas Week)... Suikoden!

DeadGzuz

Banned
robochimp said:
Not monkeys

Correct. Apes != monkeys. If in doubt, monkeys have tails and apes do not.

apes-and-humans-tree.jpg

Goldrusher

DeadGzuz said:
Correct. Apes != monkeys. If in doubt, monkeys have tails and apes do not.

While correct, not everyone on these boards speaks English well enough to know that.

I know that in Dutch, French and German monkeys are named apes.
And apes are named "human apes" (Dutch, German) or "big apes" (French).

And in pretty much every American tv show and movie, every single ape, is referred to as a monkey. Especially the funny ones. :lol

So yeah, some people can be confused by that.

Ranger X

Goldrusher said:
While correct, not everyone on these boards speaks English well enough to know that.

And in pretty much every American tv show and movie, every single ape, is referred to as a monkey. Especially the funny ones. :lol

In French we have "singes" (monkeys) and "grand singes" (big Ape). In short we don't have 2 words, tails or not.

paparazzo

Any word on MGS4 trophies? It's pretty sad that LBP is implementing trophies for its DLC that recreates another game and that game STILL doesn't have its own trophies.:lol

Jim

Booya... Holiday surprise from Konami.

Suikoden Now Available for PLAYSTATION® Network

What:

Konami's epic RPG Suikoden makes its way onto PLAYSTATION®Network today as the flagship title is now available for download for $5.99. In Suikoden, players enter an ancient world of bravery, mysticism and romance as they embark on a quest to discover their true destinies.

With the future of the Scarlet Moon Empire at stake, players seek out the Stars of Destiny to aid them in overthrowing the corrupt government. The head of the Liberation Army, players can also gather up to 108 companions to join them in battles as they call the shots in large-scale warfare. Suikoden offers variation in combat with the ability to battle groups of enemies with a team of six characters, defeat foes in one-on-one duels, or control the battlefield during major conflicts as the Liberation army wages war.

Diagol

Jim said:
Suikoden Now Available for PLAYSTATION® Network

What:

Konami's epic RPG Suikoden makes its way onto PLAYSTATION®Network today as the flagship title is now available for download for $5.99. In Suikoden, players enter an ancient world of bravery, mysticism and romance as they embark on a quest to discover their true destinies.

With the future of the Scarlet Moon Empire at stake, players seek out the Stars of Destiny to aid them in overthrowing the corrupt government. The head of the Liberation Army, players can also gather up to 108 companions to join them in battles as they call the shots in large-scale warfare. Suikoden offers variation in combat with the ability to battle groups of enemies with a team of six characters, defeat foes in one-on-one duels, or control the battlefield during major conflicts as the Liberation army wages war.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG YES.

I'm about to spend a LOT of money today!!

Ranger X

Suikoden nice! The JRPGs i've played the most in my entire life. Total classic and still awesome today. Soundtrack is also one of the best of all time.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Please tell me PS1 Classics sell for $4.99 :l

EDIT: Goddamnit, why can they just charge them 4.99. Now I gotta go buy a other goddamn PS Store card to get that.:lol

Holy shit, Suikoden is one of the games I've desperately wanted to be released on PSN for so damn long because there's no way I would ever play it otherwise. I'm totally snagging that.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Goldrusher said:

Last time it was a T-rex, now it's apes. LOL. Thanks for the info.

BTW Curious George is called a monkey in the books, but he is clearly a chimpanzee. Way to mislead kids!

Teknoman

Well so far:
2Xtreme
Cool Borders 1
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 2
Medievil
Rally Cross
Street Fighter Alpha
Snocross
Destruction Derby
Hot Shots Golf 2
Jet moto 2
Jumping Flash
Wipeout 1
Twisted Metal 2
Warhawk
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 3
Spyro 1
R Types
Rayman
Rayman 2
Jet Moto
Tekken 2
Wild ARMs 1
Crash Bandicoot
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania Chronicles

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Jim said:

Holy CRAAAAPPPP! Man, I thought it would be so long before we saw games like that go up. Hopefully it sells like crazy, spurring more (like the obvious Suikoden II).

Zoe

Yes!

Come on, Sony. Please follow this up with Wild ARMs 2 :(

(and Xenogears... and Arc the Lad... etc...)

No45

Steroyd said:
What are the chances of the Euromonkey giving us a nice christmas present like dem peeps across the pond? :|
I'm guessing he's holed up in his lab, saying "I'm not pressing anything until they post a picture of a fucking MONKEY!".

-MB-

Steroyd said:
What are the chances of the Euromonkey giving us a nice christmas present like dem peeps across the pond? :|
Since we are dealing with SCEE here, I would say zero to none chance.

Baha

Well shit, now I'm considering using the money I would've spent on the LBP MGS4 costume pack on Suikoden instead or just spending more. What should I do? I was thinking of getting the costume pack as a thank you for making 5 new levels and then they do this. Fuck it, I'll probably end up spending more, I've been hankering for this psone game since it was rated for ESRB earlier this year.

This surprise Suikoden release is insane. I still have my copy, but I'm going to download it after Christmas so I can replay it. If anyone hasn't played it yet, it's a steal for $5.99 and I think it still holds up relatively well. Also, I'm sure the more people who buy this, the greater the chance we'll get Suikoden 2 on PSN.

Top Bottom