• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: 2016 September’s Top Downloads

dracula_x

US – http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/12/playstation-store-septembers-top-downloads/

PS4

1 NBA 2K17
2 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
3 Madden NFL 17
4 EA SPORTS NHL 17
5 The Last Of Us Remastered
6 Battlefield Hardline
7 Destiny
8 Rocket League
9 Overwatch: Origins Edition
10 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
11 BioShock: The Collection
12 Don’t Starve: Console Edition
13 TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE
14 resident evil 4
15 Mortal Kombat XL
16 7 Days to Die
17 Batman: Arkham Knight
18 RESIDENT EVIL 5
19 Grand Theft Auto V
20 Don’t Starve Together: Console Edition

PS Vita

1 DIGIMON STORY CYBER SLEUTH
2 GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST Launch Bundle
3 Darkest Dungeon
4 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
5 Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
6 Child of Light Ultimate Edition
7 The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
8 GOD EATER: Resurrection
9 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
10 The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

PS3

1 Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
2 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
3 The Last Of Us
4 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
5 Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
6 Catherine
7 Grand Theft Auto V
8 Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
9 Need for Speed Most Wanted
10 Madden NFL 17
11 South Park: The Stick of Truth
12 LittleBigPlanet 3
13 Batman: Arkham City
14 Dragon Ball Xenoverse
15 Batman – The Telltale Series – Episode 1: Realm of Shadows
16 Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
17 Skullgirls Encore
18 Resident Evil 6
19 Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
20 Gran Turismo 6

PS Classics

1 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
2 Bully
3 The Warriors
4 Ape Escape 2
5 Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
6 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
7 Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
8 Mega Man Legends
9 Disney•Pixar Toy Story 2
10 Hot Shots Tennis

Europe – https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...selling-game-on-playstation-store-last-month/

PS4:

1 FIFA 17 (New)
2 Destiny: Rise of Iron (New)
3 Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (RE)
4 Rocket League (8)
5 NBA 2K17 (New)
6 Verdun (RE)
7 Far Cry Primal (RE)
8 Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
9 Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (RE)
10 Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (New)
11 God of War III Remastered (RE)
12 The Last of Us Remastered (RE)
13 Ratchet & Clank (RE)
14 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (16)
15 Overwatch: Origins Edition (RE)
16 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (3)
17 Resident Evil 4 (RE)
18 Tom Clancy’s The Division (RE)
19 inFAMOUS Second Son (RE)
20 Batman – The Telltale Series (7)

PS Vita/PSP:

1 Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
2 Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (RE)
3 Assassin’s Creed Chronicles – Trilogy (RE)
4 Darkest Dungeon (New)
5 TEKKEN 6 (8)
6 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (6)
7 Persona 4 Golden (7)
8 Terraria – PlayStation VITA Edition (RE)
9 LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita (RE)
10 Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection (RE)

PS3:

1 FIFA 17 (New)
2 The Last of Us (RE)
3 Minecraft: Story Mode (9)
4 Need for Speed Most Wanted (RE)
5 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (7)
6 Dragon Ball Xenoverse (RE)
7 Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (New)
8 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (RE)
9 LittleBigPlanet 3 (RE)
10 Need for Speed Rivals (RE)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1 Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (1)
2 Crash Bandicoot (3)
3 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (2)
4 CTR: Crash Team Racing (4)
5 Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (5)
6 Metal Gear Solid (6)
7 Rayman (RE)
8 Rayman 2 The Great Escape (RE)
9 Canis Canem Edit (9)
10 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (7)

Previous month – http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277898

Interesting to see the differences between the regions on Vita. NA is very big on anime stuff (Digimon/God Eater/LoH/SAO) whereas it barely features in Europe, but we're much bigger buyers of traditional Sony franchises (GTA/NFS/Tekken).

Look at that Digimon love on Vita.

Cyber Sleuth did well and a lot of people bought it on sale this month. Totally makes sense not to bring over Next Order on Vita when it's already translated.

it's so nice to see both trails of cold steel 1 and 2 on the list, popularity means more chance of zero/ao no kiseki coming over

I hope the second game will have some legs as more people play the first.

The top 4 shows just how much of a sheep people are.

lol are you serious?

Ashtar

Damn no deus ex :( truly a sad day
No Xcom 2 either but hopefully it charts next month.... who am I kidding lol

The top 4 shows just how much of a sheep people are.

Please, tell us all about how much better your likes are than those of others.

Your comment is embarrassing.

Honestly, you can dislike those games (I know I don't like them) , but for the most part, they're still well made enough products that appeal to a lot of different people. Just because they're popular with the mainstream doesn't make them bad.

PS3
6. Catherine

70vX2CI.gif

Cornbread78

PS Vita
1 DIGIMON STORY CYBER SLEUTH
10 The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Damn, that Digimon sale really worked for them!

However, Trails deserved much, MUCH better than this....

No Man's Sky from no.1 in August to completely off the map in September. Goddamn.

Yeah given the backlash and persistence of negativity surrounding it, this should surprise no one. If they release some additional content for the game and it appears on a flash sale however, I'd expect it to resurface on the list again

Ape Escape 2 did alright for itself. Makes me wonder if there's a potential market for Ape Escape 4 on the PS4. Eh? Eh Sony? *wink wink*

fuckers

RK128

*See's Digimon top Vita sales charts in NA*

Smaller market overseas my ass Bandai Namco :l.

Anyway, happy a lot of games did well this month and hope that games continue to sell great on Vita & PS4 :). Nice seeing Cold Steel II top charts as well :D!

Shizuka

#1 for the Vita is Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Yet, New Order is a PS4-exclusive. If only the asian version came with english subtitles. Oh wait.

eFKac

#1 for the Vita is Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Yet, New Order is a PS4-exclusive. If only the asian version came with english subtitles. Oh wait.

Goes to show how crappy even #1 spot sales my be. Bottom of the list on the Vita are probably some marginal numbers.

Or do you think there is some anti-Vita conspiracy?

RK128

Goes to show how crappy even #1 spot sales my be. Bottom of the list on the Vita are probably some marginal numbers.

I think that Bandai-Namco is fully migrating to PS4/PC only for 2017 onwards, with 2017 being the last year Vita titles (SAO crossover game, likely some fighting game) release on the system from the publisher.

They clearly don't want to support it anymore considering they outright said the Vita has "small overseas audience" and I know many on the gaming side on Gaf doesn't like the Vita but I do agree with those saying the Vita isn't very successful. But it's audience buys games. ALOT OF GAMES.

Vita was the reason SAO became a yearly series for Bandai-Namco, it was the reason they pushed forward with a localization for Cyber Sleuth, and it was the reason they started having a big push for God Eater. We wanted those games and showed our interested in them, so they brought them over. But now they want to push Vita out of SKU's to push PS4 sales (they want full 60$ purchases going forward), so it sucks but I get why they are doing this now.

Just makes it all the more easier to not support their final batch of Vita releases until much later down the line.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder what The Last of Us remastered sales are at now? I see it on these top ten/top twenty lists a lot and its been out for some time not considered the original version on the PS3.

Tizoc

Curiously enough i wonder if there are any uk consumers who bought a psp vita ot ps3 mainly to get the crash games they are quite cheap for one thing

I think that Bandai-Namco is fully migrating to PS4/PC only for 2017 onwards, with 2017 being the last year Vita titles (SAO crossover game, likely some fighting game) release on the system from the publisher.

They clearly don't want to support it anymore considering they outright said the Vita has "small overseas audience" and I know many on the gaming side on Gaf doesn't like the Vita but I do agree with those saying the Vita isn't very successful. But it's audience buys games. ALOT OF GAMES.

Vita was the reason SAO became a yearly series for Bandai-Namco, it was the reason they pushed forward with a localization for Cyber Sleuth, and it was the reason they started having a big push for God Eater. We wanted those games and showed our interested in them, so they brought them over. But now they want to push Vita out of SKU's to push PS4 sales (they want full 60$ purchases going forward), so it sucks but I get why they are doing this now.

Just makes it all the more easier to not support their final batch of Vita releases until much later down the line.

Kinda depressing position for Cold Steel II

Can say I'm not surprised, though
I can't see people buying it digital when it has a fantastic special edition of the first game that completes when you buy the second.

Shizuka

I think they want to sell a $40 title for $60. It wouldn't be the first time and they wouldn't be the only ones.

Top Bottom