• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - Black Friday Sale

Outriders is on sale everywhere for $20, so I’m guessing that will be the price for this sale. At that price point and with the announcement of the expansion, and the huge patch dropping, might finally jump in.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Grabbed Demon's Souls while it was discounted, and will likely do my usual thing of sweeping up a bunch of indies as many are literally pennies right now.

Still tempted by Returnal but with the slew of stuff coming out in the new year, I think I can afford to wait awhile.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Weak sale overall (EU), especially when it comes to PS5 games. I can easily buy most of them in retail for the same price without waiting for any sales. I ended up picking up Diablo 2 and Metro Exodus Gold.

Last edited:

Bankai

BE5YgJK.gif

I’m in it for Sunsetriders.

Where is it on sale? I can't find it

Aenima

Not buying any games. Alot of games just have a 20-30% discount.
Just getting the 12 month PS+ for 40€ since is the only thing that dont get discounts very often. All games already been at that price in previous promos.

RE8 for 30€ is tempting, if i find the phisical version at that price i will bite.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's like Sony is slowly going the Nintendo route. Joke's on them I guess, not getting my money with the discount being basically full price. Third party games it is.
They are trying to digitally but their physical copies aren’t holding up as retailers have slashe prices quite well for Black Friday in the UK (Miles Morales PS5 is £15 from Tesco, Ratchet is £25 from Tesco and DeS is £29 from Smyths).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My list so far

Dying Light Platinum Edition
WWZ Aftermath
RDR 2
Hunt Showdown Deluxe
Sackboy
Avengers

RDR2 is a little tempting... But there's still no PS5 patch for that right? After playing Ghost at 60fps (in fact every single PS5 game I've played since I bought it has been 60) I'm not sure about suffering through an open world game at 30...

DonJorginho

Banned
RDR2 is a little tempting... But there's still no PS5 patch for that right? After playing Ghost at 60fps (in fact every single PS5 game I've played since I bought it has been 60) I'm not sure about suffering through an open world game at 30...
Still no patch but I want a digital copy and for £23 I can't go wrong.

sircaw

Banned
Borderlands 3 for like 11 bucks, loved 2 but hated the one in space.

Yay or nah?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned

Yay or nah?
100% Yay

Whilst the story is the second worst in the series behind TPS, the actual gameplay, gunplay and exploration is the best in the series by FAR.

Runs so well on PS5 if you have one too.

graywolf323

Gold Member
I wish the deluxe editions would at least match the discount percent of the regular edition instead of matching the dollar discount...

I'm very interested in Sackboy at 50% off but I'd like the digital deluxe, however it's only 38% off :-/

xrnzaaas

Gold Member

Yay or nah?
Here in EU you can easily buy retail Borderlands 3 for less than that. Plus I think it would be better to hunt for a complete edition with the season passes to get all of the expansions.

Flabagast

Another terrible "sale" from Sony.

"Hey let's jack the prices up so when we put them on sale they still cost what they should have on day one"

Fuck this Nintendo approach Sony's got going in since the PS5 dropped.
Fortunately their Ps5 output is kinda shit for the moment, so it does not really matter in the end

sircaw

Banned
Here in EU you can easily buy retail Borderlands 3 for less than that. Plus I think it would be better to hunt for a complete edition with the season passes to get all of the expansions.
yer good point, i am looking atm for like a complete edition, the DLC is not on sale by the looks of it, and its very pricy

engstra

Cyberpunk is half price at £20, worth picking it up guys? With the nextgen upgrade arriving early next year might not be at this reduced price soon again.

Mafia remake is also finally half-price in a sale so think I might finally try it out.

DonJorginho

Banned

sircaw

Banned
The Season Pass is currently on sale

UK: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1001-PPSA01463_00-BL3SEASONPASSCO1

US: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-PPSA01462_00-BL3SEASONPASSCO1

Season Pass 2 isn't important and a ripoff at any price you pay so this is a good deal for 4 full sized expansions.
ok thank you for that, a bit strange when i looked at it, it was not on sale, i was probably looking at the wrong one and it cost 60+ pounds.

balt1kr1s

JETT: The Far Shore down from £24.99 to £18.74, would buy it anyway but its never bad thing to save few quids, so bought it straight away :)

Dark souls 2 worth the play if you've enjoyed every other souls game? Not sure why I skipped that one lol
If you didn't play it before 3 then don't. That game didn't age well at all. You can trust me, I platinumed the game on PS3 and then on PS4 as well. Over 600 hours of play time, lots of PVP and everything multiple times with several characters. If you consider yourself a hardcore Souls fans you owe it to yourself to play it, but it won't be pretty. I recently tried to play it again and I had to quit after a few hours in, it was simply not fun anymore and the funny thing is I had a great time playing the PS4 version back in 2015. But again, if you're a Souls fan, give it a try.

FunkMiller

Honestly it's starting to make sense to either pre-order physical games (at least in my country there's discounts close to 20€ for ps5 preorders) or wait a year a half to buy 1st part games.
One thing's for sure: thank god i didn't go digital-only PS5 this gen.

Fucking amen to this. I’m eBaying games a few weeks later for half price in some cases. Digital feels like a mug’s game with the way Sony are pricing stuff.

But they charge $60 for indie tier games and 10 year old remasters.
Indie tier games, what - no. Remasters, yes. I hope the remaster bubble has partially burst d/t pressure from Microsoft's BC style. But I doubt it. It feels like in the span of just 1 year, it will be a lot harder to release something like Nioh Collection than it was at launch. After the cross-gen upgrade controversies around Ghost of Tsushima, it seems that they're catching some bad press for it. But Nintendo is extremely resistant to change.

Indie tier games, what - no. Remasters, yes. I hope the remaster bubble has partially burst d/t pressure from Microsoft's BC style. But I doubt it. It feels like in the span of just 1 year, it will be a lot harder to release something like Nioh Collection than it was at launch. After the cross-gen upgrade controversies around Ghost of Tsushima, it seems that they're catching some bad press for it. But Nintendo is extremely resistant to change.
Metroid Dread is an indie tier game priced $60.

Top Bottom