• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: January’s Top Downloads

benzopil

People just don't care about Gravity Rush 2 or Yakuza =(

US
1 ARK: Survivor’s Pack
2 RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard
3 Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
4 Battlefield 1
5 Grand Theft Auto V
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 The Order: 1886
9 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
10 PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION
11 Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
12 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE
13 Watch Dogs 2
14 Titanfall 2
15 Stardew Valley
16 Madden NFL 17
17 Overwatch: Origins Edition
18 MONOPOLY PLUS
19 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
20 Knack
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/07/playstation-store-januarys-top-downloads-2/

EU
ARK: Survival Evolved (1)
Rocket League (5)
Grand Theft Auto V (3)
Battlefield 1 (2)
Mortal Kombat X (Re-entry)
FIFA 17 (4)
EA Sports UFC 2 (15)
Battlefield 4 (RE)
Star Wars Battlefront (RE)
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (New)
Minecraft (12)
Need for Speed (RE)
Ratchet & Clank (RE)
Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (RE)
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (RE)
Dying Light (RE)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (14)
Overwatch (RE)
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst (RE)
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-stores-best-selling-game-for-a-second-month/

Yakuza 0 actually seems to have sold very well at retail (unless Sega undershipped) so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

LAA

Funny order 1886 seems randomly up for US.
Saddening KH isn't in the top list for EU, maybe more wanted physical.
Same for Yakuza/GR2.

Icolin

Banned

Unknown?

Anecdotally speaking, all the Best Buys in my area have sold through Yakuza 0, so it seems like most people are buying it physically.

Also, it came out right at the end of the month (Jan 24), so there's that too.
My GameStop only had two copies launch day! Everywhere does seem sold out though.

Nimmermehr

Neo Member
You can get Yakuza 0 for about 40€ in retail here and the PSN version costs 60€..
Aside from RE7 everything on that list was heavily discounted in Europe.

Anecdotally speaking, all the Best Buys in my area have sold through Yakuza 0, so it seems like most people are buying it physically.

Also, it came out right at the end of the month (Jan 24), so there's that too.
It's been out on Amazon for a while too.

It's crazy how Rocket League is getting to be in the same league as GTA V and Minecraft as games that are basically never not in the top 10 best selling games. I wonder how long Psyonix wait to release RL 2. I mean, they must be a little concerned that they left a shit load of money sitting on the table by putting RL on PS+ and I bet they would convert a lot of the PS+ customers to paying customers if they released a sequel in a timely manner.

I went physical for Gravity Rush 2 and digital for Yakuza 0 myself, but the late-in-the-month release dates coupled with the sales going on probably kept them off. Go buy those games, y'all.

I want Yakuza but not Gravity Rush 2. I played GR on Vita and didn't love it, haven't given the remaster a real chance yet.

I think I own everything I want from the US list already.

LordofPwn

Rocket League putting in work and good to See Kingdom hearts on the list considering it came out at the end of the month.

Top Bottom