• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News PlayStation Store on PS3 and PS Vita Will Continue Operations

bosnianpie

Feb 27, 2018
Sweden
It won't affect me much because I'm not really buying PS3 or Vita games anymore. However I think it's an important sign and shows that they are listening to consumers. Well done.

Dick Jones

Mar 7, 2015
Delta City
Vita = life.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Jun 10, 2008
PS3 and Vita are last sony consoles I care about and use regularly until they have some type of solution for BC or a PS3 mini or whatever they should maintain those services

Jan 16, 2020
Temporarily taking them away was prob just a method to gauge and determine the numbers of those who were still interested in those systems. It’s a shrewd move but they knew people would have meltdowns about it, especially through social media.

Please tell me some of you also saw and/or considered this.

I tip my fedora to you good sir

Labadal

Aug 31, 2010
Good.

I have all my PSP games transferred to my PS. If Vita emulation gets going, I'll have to find a way to do that for my Vita library, too.

Dec 2, 2018
Interesting. Something tells me that someone at Sony is getting sick of all the bad press. This might be the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Keihart

Bo_Hazem

Gold Dealer
Feb 10, 2020
Salalah, Oman
Days Gone 2 to be announced tomorrow.

More than sure they're discussing it, at least. But sometimes the lack of vision could've made them let Bend work on a new, bigger IP instead and put the sequel on hold/preproduction so when they're finished it doesn't end up being a reskin of Days Gone and worse instead of better.

Dream-Knife

Feb 22, 2021
I imagine because everything is available on the Vita store, and because the thing come out in 2004.
Oh ok. I was under the impression PSP games were only on the PSP store.

My PSP can't even connect to modern wi-fi.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Apr 3, 2021
Well, i just panic purchased about 400 dollars worth of PS3/vita/psp games and dlc, mainly story content DLCs. Well, guess I don't have to worry about it anymore at least until Cmos that is. I'm going to feel like sh*t when they throw a PS3/Vita is back sale though.

I hope the prices on physical Vita and PS3 games go back down though.

• Empathy
Reactions: SEGA_2012

Zeroing

Sep 19, 2019
Sony: we are saving the old games, too!

so is anyone going to to stop complaining and buy PS3 and vita games?

RoadHazard

Dec 9, 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden
Will this treasure of a man ever stop getting everything so right? Jim is blessed.

(I don't actually care about this, I have no interest in buying digital PS3 games in 2021. I wonder how many of those who complained loudly about this actually give a shit.)

Last edited:
Reactions: tommib

Mabdia

Dec 3, 2020
Brazil
It is really nice to hear something good about Playstation. Congratulations to everyone who participate in this turning of events.

This is the way to go. This is the right path.

11:59 - 'I don't even care'

00:00 - 'Jim Ryan is our God'

Not that much. But this decision is a good start.

Last edited:

Neff

Feb 6, 2012
UK
Lmao

I love how the word 'passion' or 'passionate' always gets wheeled out in the midst of a corporate backpedal or awkward consumer relations olive branch. Without fail, every time.

PS3 has too many good games locked to it. Until they're made available on PS5 (haha), my PS3 is staying under my TV.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Entroyp and Keihart

TGO

Sep 5, 2007
UK
Oh ok. I was under the impression PSP games were only on the PSP store.

My PSP can't even connect to modern wi-fi.
Ummm, might be a possibility but you might have to switch your modem to 2g, most newer modems let you switch between to two but disconnects the other or they have dual 2g/5g connection which allows both connection at the same time.

Banjo64

Gold Member
Dec 8, 2020
Never get tweets or comments like this. davidjaffe davidjaffe I use my Vita and PS3 semi-regularly still (as in every couple of months I’ll play a game on them), I still play N64 games once in a while too.

It was a shit decision, people rightfully complained, Sony reversed it. Good stuff.

Edit - I’m literally in the middle of one of your brain childs - God of War (Ghost of Sparta) on PS3! And I played God of War 1 & 2 for the first time on my PS3 also!

Last edited: