• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store Sale “End of Year Sale” Now Live

Mista

Banned
PS-Store-sale.jpg

Most people are likely recovering from the Black Friday sales madness, that hasn’t stopped Sony from unleashing a new PlayStation Store sale and it’s massive! Called the “End of Year” sale, this one has a LOT of games included.

See the whole list here:

Pejo

Here's the PSVR list:

Rush of Blood is great for 6 bucks.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
i have a lot sympathy for Gravity rush saga, im gonna pick for 3rd time both games, because these are such marvelous games

My main account is usa, but i always buy in Mexico account... im gonna help this Marvelous saga again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone played Unruly Heroes and/or Ys Origin? If so, what's your opinion on the game(s)? Thanks.

This is a question about the BF sale.

Is Code Vein worth it on sale? Don't care about the anime angle, just want something dark souls like to play. Does it do that well?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Is Code Vein worth it on sale? Don't care about the anime angle, just want something dark souls like to play. Does it do that well?

I see the gameplay in youtube, seems ok and is a variant of Dark souls with anime, The editor is the best thing of the game, the coop in some missions and the Story.

I think it use the "God eater Engine" are too similar, for the price only if it is 25$ worth it and you like anime.

Has anyone played Unruly Heroes and/or Ys Origin? If so, what's your opinion on the game(s)? Thanks.

Ys Origin is my personal favourite out of the three games using the same engine (Napishtim, Felghana, Origin).

Best OP (bless Makoto Shinkai), an inspired OST (the arrange album takes it to new heights) and the story...well, I don't wanna spoil it in any way :)

As for the game, you start off with two characters to choose from and later you unlock a third. You need to play as all of them to get the whole story.

The entire game takes place in one tower (kinda like DMC3) so while there's still a decent amount of visual variety within every few floors, it doesn't feel like a huge adventure the way the other two games do.

The main downside I can recall is needing to grind at times to match enemy levels; you won't make a dent in enemies that outlevel you.

I played it on PC many years ago, so I can't speak for the quality of the PS ports.

bronk

Banned
Y
WHY THE FUCK IS FURI NEVER ON THESE MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN ORANGE PEEL SALES :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

fuck gravity rush btw. games for horny incels.
You play Furi? I beat it and thought it was just ok. I think it was free psplus awhile back.

bronk

Banned

I played for about an hour and it isnt pulling me in :( i might ditch it and wait for Surge 2 to get cheaper.

brap

Banned
Y

You play Furi? I beat it and thought it was just ok. I think it was free psplus awhile back.
Years ago I was playing it on PC and and when I got to like the third or fourth boss it would slow down to like 10 fps. Changing the settings didn't make it any better so I had to quit.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ys Origin is my personal favourite out of the three games using the same engine (Napishtim, Felghana, Origin).

Best OP (bless Makoto Shinkai), an inspired OST (the arrange album takes it to new heights) and the story...well, I don't wanna spoil it in any way :)

As for the game, you start off with two characters to choose from and later you unlock a third. You need to play as all of them to get the whole story.

The entire game takes place in one tower (kinda like DMC3) so while there's still a decent amount of visual variety within every few floors, it doesn't feel like a huge adventure the way the other two games do.

The main downside I can recall is needing to grind at times to match enemy levels; you won't make a dent in enemies that outlevel you.

I played it on PC many years ago, so I can't speak for the quality of the PS ports.

Everything sounds good. Doing research on the game in last few months, I knew it was in one tower which you have to reach the top. Didn't know about the third character. Grinding wouldn't be an issue since Save Wizard would take care of that problem if I run into it. What's best OP? Opening? I have seen the opening and it was good. Definitely made me interested. I figure for $8, can't go wrong.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

bronk

Banned
Years ago I was playing it on PC and and when I got to like the third or fourth boss it would slow down to like 10 fps. Changing the settings didn't make it any better so I had to quit.
Oh I see. I don't remember slowdown so much on PS4 but I'm sure it was there. I remember the soundtrack was really good though.

I might pick up Killzone Shadow Fall ($8) and The Order 1886 ($5)
Reminds me 1886 is still in my backlog, I got it digital real cheap. Killzone I bought at ps4 launch, and traded it in a few months later. I never finished it. I didn't like the new style of game. Missed having the crew of 4 to interact with.

Also I played it right after playing Killzone mercenary on vita which was an underrated amazing game. Wish shadow fall was done like mercenary. All that being said I now have a hankering for playing it. Don't know if I would splurge though I just bought the following on sale in the last few days:

Diablo 3 switch (for portable diablo)
Cod mw (ps4)
Dmc5 (ps4)
Civ expansions bundle (switch)
Children of morta (switch)
NfS Heat (ps4)
Metro exodus
Batman telltale (switch)
Icewind dale/torment (switch)
Shadow of tomb raider (ps4)
Xenoblade chronicles 2 (switch)

Plus games from August September I still haven't really got into. Too many games not enough time.

Everything sounds good. Doing research on the game in last few months, I knew it was in one tower which you have to reach the top. Didn't know about the third character. Grinding wouldn't be an issue since Save Wizard would take care of that problem if I run into it. What's best OP? Opening? I have seen the opening and it was good. Definitely made me interested. I figure for $8, can't go wrong.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Yea OP in this case is that anime opening. I'd say you'll appreciate it even more after playing through with the three story characters.

I've been hoping Falcon would port it to the Switch for years now, sigh.

Ar¢tos

I'll wait for the EU version of the sale to compare. I'm not in the mood to go through the lengthy workarounds needed to add money to my US account just for SotC.

Top Bottom