• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store Sale “End of Year Sale” Now Live

Ar¢tos

Yay, the EU-Sale is again shit, compared to the US one... I got Diablo III All In Version in retail at a better price than the digital offer now... And almost no VR-game on sale. 😤
And most of the same games are more expensive in the EU sale!
SotC - 9.99$ vs 16.99€
The Order 1886 - 4.99$ vs 9.99€
Assassin's Creed Origins Gold - 24.99$ vs 34.99€
Killzone Shadowfall - 7.99$ vs 9.99€
Knack 2 - 4.99$ vs 9.99€

Just a few i noticed, but there are more.

FUCK YOU SONY!

Ar¢tos

I got an email with a code for the 2019 Xmas theme and a code for 10% discount. I browsed the sales list and there is a lot of filler junk and the non filler don't really interest me. Gonna browse outside the sales, there might be something I like that had a permanent price drop.
I prefered the daily discount on a AAA game format they had before.

Phase

Finally some good sales. Last weekend I picked up Persona 5 and Gran Turismo Sport for $10 each, and with this sale iust picked up Twisted Metal: Black, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, and The Last Guardian.

That's probably it for me, but I'll take 6 games for $50 anytime.

Winter John

Mark Of The Ninja is a real good stealth platformer. I played it on the 360 and might buy it again. I don't think I ever finished it

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought Windjammers. I wish they’d just make a collection to own of the Arcade Archives. Instead it’s about 10 minutes of searching through them.

Got this last month and I really like it.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Shadow of the Colossus for me.
Had it in my amazon cart for a year, waiting for the physical to at least touch $19,99, but it never did so $14,99 digital is my sweet spot

Kona also for $3,99, because Quebec is rarely represented in gaming (aside for some Ubi/Eidos stuff, but it’s mostly ‘’Montreal’’ and doesn’t really represents the rest of Quebec that much or isn’t all that accurate in the end anyway)

Zambatoh

Since Agents of Mayhem is 6 bucks I ended up grabbing that. It's a little buggy, but it's been really fun so far. I don't think you can go wrong with this game for that price.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
From a secret fan With love... my kat and my Gravity rush :messenger_heart:
ELuSm0oUUAE-e_J

Is the first time in my life that i support a marvelous game 5 times in each game.

nowhat

So at the game awards there was a trailer for "Sons of the Forest" - I had no idea what was going on, but I was intrigued. Later I learned it'll be a sequel to "The Forest", which is on sale currently.

How's the gameplay? I don't mind survival horror or (occasional) stealth, but didn't particularly care for Outlast, would I enjoy this?

Sygma

Has anyone played Elex? Is worth it for 15 bucks?

Most definitely, its a full on PB game so it means that as long as you love handcrafted environments, side quests and exploring, you can't go wrong with it to be honest. Its flawed but kinda wonderful at the same time. Think it made into the Rpg Codex top 101 iirc

Hah, it did !

LISDLUW.png

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So at the game awards there was a trailer for "Sons of the Forest" - I had no idea what was going on, but I was intrigued. Later I learned it'll be a sequel to "The Forest", which is on sale currently.

How's the gameplay? I don't mind survival horror or (occasional) stealth, but didn't particularly care for Outlast, would I enjoy this?
have you ever play a game call it seven days to die?

its pretty similar, craft things, survive days... i give it a 7 or 6.5 of score.

not a big deal, but not the worst thing.

definitive is not like outlast.... its more like a Minecraft for adults

Last edited:

nowhat

have you ever play a game call it seven days to die?

its pretty similar, craft things, survive days... i give it a 7 or 6.5 of score.

not a big deal, but not the worst thing.

definitive is not like outlast.... its more like a Minecraft for adults

Yeah... I was hoping (because of the trailer for the sequel) that this would be more like a horror walking simulator. I would have been totally down for that, but what you described isn't really my thing. Maybe I'll pass this time - the sale was miniscule anyway, it's not that expensive normally. But thanks for your input.

nowhat

Is spiderman dlc on sale and is it worth it if so?
Not within reach of a computer right now, and browsing the store on a phone sucks balls, but - if there's a good deal for all of the DLC, go for it. It's basically one long side quest split into three parts; fine if you do it in one go, but quite lacking if you do only a third. I think that was a mistake by Insomniac to split it, a single large DLC would have been better.

(it's like five-ish hours for the main story, depending on the difficulty, if you want to grind out all the open-world busywork you may be looking at 15+ hours)

Shantae

Banned
I ended up getting a gift card for PSN for xmas, and I wish I had gotten an Eshop card instead, because I have no idea what I want for PS4 lol I feel like I gotta spend it on the current sale, because these are some of the best deals, but I can't find anything that's jumping out at me. I can think of at least 10 things I'd want on my Switch though.

Hostile_18

Banned
I ended up getting a gift card for PSN for xmas, and I wish I had gotten an Eshop card instead, because I have no idea what I want for PS4 lol I feel like I gotta spend it on the current sale, because these are some of the best deals, but I can't find anything that's jumping out at me. I can think of at least 10 things I'd want on my Switch though.

Some amazing games in the first half of 2020. I've got 6 pre-ordered and paid for :D

Bryank75

Banned
If you buy films or anything like that on PlayStation, they have a sale on in the video store.
I picked up Frozen, Lady and the Tramp, Bumblebee, Predator and JW3 all for 50% or less...
(I have kids, that's why the list is fairly random)

VertigoOA

Banned
I held out on RE2 knowing it’d be like 20$ around this time... and it’s 20$ lol.

im probably gonna get it if anything. Tempted on Control too.

Division 2 is 12$!? The fuck?

Anyway it’s mandatory to buy Witcher 3 if you haven’t. I keep thinking about getting a new rpg but know I’m better served finally finishing blood and wine

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
PS4 pro 1tb with nhl 2020 is on sale at 380$ cad instead of 500$ here for boxing day in Canada. Wondering if it's worth it to pull the trigger.

I just want it for ff7 really. I'm wondering if I can sell nhl 2020 then the console and ff7 when I'm done with it.

Seems to be a lot of hassle just to play one game, maybe wait for ps5...I'm torned

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have to laugh at this pathetic sale

Fallen Order has a 25% discount which brings it down to an amazing £45. that's basically what games used to cost full price. fuck these games and their stupid £60 price. mean while i can buy the PC version for £32. good job Sony

or you have Kojimbo's game at £45 too! what a steal! an amazing 18% off!!!!

I have to laugh at this pathetic sale

Fallen Order has a 25% discount which brings it down to an amazing £45. that's basically what games used to cost full price. fuck these games and their stupid £60 price. mean while i can buy the PC version for £32. good job Sony

or you have Kojimbo's game at £45 too! what a steal! an amazing 18% off!!!!
Buying physical is cheaper, ~35£ in Sweden for PS4.
oO4THJl.png

Kojimbo for ~32£ physical copy.

Last edited:

Jasagna

Neo Member
Anyway it’s mandatory to buy Witcher 3 if you haven’t. I keep thinking about getting a new rpg but know I’m better served finally finishing blood and wine

Yeah Blood and Wine is amazing.
10/10 for me. I preferred it over the main Witcher 3 game.

Top Bottom