• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Summer Sale

ANIMAL1975

I might pick this one, BioShock: The Collection. Havent played any of the BioShock games.
It was one of the best experiences I've had in my gaming life, playing Bioshock for the first time _ the all atmosphere of the game, the universe and history behind, just brilliant. I put it up there with Silent Hill and Soul Reaver, probably the games responsible for my definitive 'falling in love with' and long lasting 'relationship' with gaming.
That being said, I'm playing the collection right now for the first time since the ps3 debut _ it's not the same thing, nothing beats the fellings you have when arriving in Rapture for the first time, but still having a great time with the game and its visuals and controls are still fine.
Totally agree, we are getting royally fucked in Europe.

Still 60 euro on sale for the base version of Returnal.
No Guilty Gear on sale
No Scarlet Nexus on sale
No EDF on sale...

No game is worth 80 euros btw
Killzone is.

SLB1904

Banned
TOXp93R.png

how?

Fbh

What are people's experience with Kingdom Come: Deliverance? It's always heavily reduced and has looked cool. Feels like a kind of game that would be included in a month of PS Plus so have been waiting it out on purchasing

It's fun, though a bit clunky/janky.
It's basically a more grounded first person RPG in a historical setting and with no fantasy elements, which actually makes it feel unique and fresh compared to the tired orcs and dragons.
The story and characters were surprisingly good though I think the game overall is strong in its first half (I didn't enjoy some of the later quests).

IMO for the 10 bucks it's definitely worth checking it out. Though maybe look at some gameplay footage first to see if it's to your liking.
I'm also not sure how it's running these days, I played it on PC and it was fine but I remember reading the console version struggled a bit early on with lots of bugs and performance issues.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The web storefront is such a mess to navigate.

Anyone have any recommendations for stuff that's PlayStation exclusive that's on a good (50% or more?) discount?

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I got Metro Exodus, because it was cheap and had recently a PS5 patch. The question is: do I need to play the previous games in order to enjoy/understand it? I did buy the first two also off a sale some years back, but never got around to actually playing them (I have a bad habit of adding games to my ever-growing backlog if they're on sale).
You don't need to play the previous games, the game can be a little buggy but definitely has fun factor. I initially felt it started slow and put it down but picked it back up and haven't stop playing it the last few days, I think I'm not far from the end now.

I think it's worth a play through on PS5 for the price. Sometimes it can feel like a slog because the characters and cut scenes can drag on a bit but if you stick with it, there are some good fun moments.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I always wanted to play Middle Earth Shadows of War but every time I turned around it seemed like they released another expansion until I forgot about it. Now it's only $12 USD with all expansions to have in my digital library forever - sweet.

Sadly there's nothing else on sale that I want, but don't already own :(

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Always the same stuff on sale lol
It's just on a rotation, what's not on sale in this sale will be on sale next sale, And every sale they add a couple games that have not been on sale. If you are patient everything will drop to a pretty decent/cheap price but could be waiting a long time.

My advice is to go to a website like psprices.com and every game you want or waiting to drop in price, request to be notified by email of the price drop. You can also see a graph of the prices going up and down on each game since being on the store so you can see if you are getting the cheapest price it's been or not.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Can someone explain to me what Aegis Rim: 13 sentinels is all about gameplay wise?

The only thing I know narrative wise is something about giant robots (sentinels?) causing havoc in the future, weaving present and future story's together and regarding gameplay it's like a turn based strategy game?

Perhaps some of you good lot can be bothered with an overall take on their experiences

<3

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Can someone explain to me what Aegis Rim: 13 sentinels is all about gameplay wise?

The only thing I know narrative wise is something about giant robots (sentinels?) causing havoc in the future, weaving present and future story's together and regarding gameplay it's like a turn based strategy game?

Perhaps some of you good lot can be bothered with an overall take on their experiences

<3

Anybody?

I did purchase Trials of Mana, was waiting for a sale. I gave it a try and boy is it smooth and snappy to play, ambience/vibe is great as well. It does look a little... Cheap? (The assets, characters look great) But perhaps it's because of the clean look.. Anyways very cool!!

Last edited:

arvfab

Banned

<3

It is mainly a visual novel, but told a bit different than usual, as you play through the stories of 13 different protagonists.

But you also have sections where you have to plan and play rounds of tower-defense/strategy like missions.
This sections are an own mode, but are required to progress the story some times.

I'd like to add that it's an incredibly well told and interesting story. I had a blast playing it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Me PS5less :(

I just haven't had the fortitude to turn on my PS4, knowing there is something better out there that I just can't seem to get my hands on.

Will wait for shortage to end.

Just bought Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut for PS5. I started the PS4 version.. damn I forgot how good Sony first party games are. Thank god I have a trip planned or I might finish the game before the PS5 version comes out. The game will be better with duelsense features. I wanna feel my blade clank on the controller.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
No sale on PS5 games so, big skip. The games for the system are stupidly expensive.

Any promotions regarding PS Plus subscriptions?

Agent X

Anyone have any recommendations for stuff that's PlayStation exclusive that's on a good (50% or more?) discount?

Gravity Rush Remastered is currently $29.99 $8.99, which is 70% off the normal price. It's a nicely enhanced version of Gravity Rush that originally appeared on PS Vita, and it also includes the additional content from the Vita version's DLC packs.

Everybody's Golf is currently $19.99 $9.99, which is 50% off the normal price. I'm contemplating getting this one, as I've only played the demo.

While this game is not exclusive to Sony systems, I also have to say I'm rather tempted by Gunlord X for only $9.99 $3.99, or 60% off the normal price.

I got a notification about games added to the sale but when I click it and it opens the ps app it just looks like the same games.

Does anyone know if any games were actually added?

Portugeezer

Returnal and DeS £33 if you go through US PSN. Gee. Thanks Sony. £52 in the UK ‘sale’. No wonder yanks think the sun shines out of Sony’s arse.

Jon Richardson GIF
Richest country in the world; cheapest game prices. 'murica.

Do I need to have played the other Assassin’s Creeds to enjoy Valhalla or should I go in sequence?
With the newer games each game is basically its own adventure. So no, you don't need to play older games to enjoy.

engstra

Picked up Shady Part of Me, as I had had my eyes on it for a while. Highly recommend it, really nice art style and inventive puzzles

bitbydeath

Picked up Dark Souls: Remastered and Dark Souls 2 for now. Will pick up three when it goes back on sale again in a couple of months (hopefully).
Same but got 3 as well. Playing through 1 and it is so far the easiest Souls game ever.
Demons >>>>> Bloodborne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls

I've been tempted. But I have a feeling it's one of those games that sounds cool on paper and a lot of people love it, but once I actually play I will get bored quickly. I'll have to try it one of these days.

This is the same thought process I've had since it's release. I'll probably wait until it's $15 so I won't be as bummed out when I end up disliking it.

Top Bottom