• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Turkey VP: The Last of Us + Left Behind DLC coming to PS4 in summer 2014

hawk2025

Jan 20, 2013
Considering my jackass friends lost my PS3 copy and I never got to play the DLC as a result, this is welcome news.

Bring it on, Sony, just don't charge me $60 again. I'll give you $40.

You will pay $60, and you'll like it! :p

Apr 12, 2013
Will definitely buy this again if they release it in summer and not when there's a million other games to buy during the holiday season.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet. I hope it's no more than $30. I'll probably wait to buy it used if it's more than that.

Sep 20, 2005
I have been holding off on playing the Last of Us because of the PS4 rumors. I really hope to play it this summer. I just wonder who they contracted to handle the port. I am assuming it is not being done inhouse.

Jigolo

Feb 11, 2013

If true this is the first game I will ever buy twice. Glad it's coming with the DLC, I haven't played that yet.

StuBurns

Banned
Jan 9, 2008
I have been holding off on playing the Last of Us because of the PS4 rumors. I really hope to play it this summer. I just wonder who they contracted to handle the port. I am assuming it is not being done inhouse.
Bluepoint probably, I really hope they've gone to real time cutscenes, I don't want those dirty compressed 720p ones anywhere near this.

ZettaiSeigi

Dec 12, 2013
I rarely double dip in games, particularly with physical copies, but I'd totally buy this one on the first day. I might as well save now just in case they get the idea to release a limited version of the game.

HardRojo

Oct 19, 2011
Lima, Peru
I watched The Road for the first time yesterday and was itching for another playthrough of TLoU (beat it 3 times: Hard, Survivor and Survivor+), if this turns out to be true and release close I'll hold off on another playthrough and gladly but not patiently wait :D

Kambing

Jun 18, 2011
Will definitely be double dipping...

But am curious the time frame for release if they did announce the TLOU PS4 port at E3? Perhaps September? Hoping they just announce it and be all like "in stores today". But that is probably not happening.

TetraGenesis

Jun 22, 2013

(Yeah. It's a fake so calm down, mouthbreather)
Obviously it's fake because it uses the outdated Ellie model. I hate that people keep posting that image of Ellie and Joel when that model was only shown once. If you play the game you know that's not Ellie, and it should bother you.

I'm not frustrated with you, it's a funny mockup, but for some reason that has always been one of my pet peeves. At the start of last generation it drove me crazy every time someone used an image of the silver PS3 with the Boomerang controller in an article about PS3. I saw it happen again and again up until even a year after its launch.

cameron

Jun 11, 2010
Canada
Maybe full price? Game + DLC + enhanced graphics + another documentary?

I really don't know what to expect when they release the first in-game media (screenshot or video). It may or may not be glorious. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apr 12, 2013
Maybe just me but the thread title isn't very catchy. It should probably start with "The Last Of Us coming to PS4" or something then talk about the source. I almost skipped over it.

Hip Hop

Jan 14, 2013
U.S.A.
How about enhanced framerate?

I would really like to skip this on my PS3 that I have. Will probably cop whenever I get a PS4 next year.

60 FPS should be mandatory on these enhanced versions.

chadskin

May 27, 2013
Obviously it's fake because it uses the outdated Ellie model. I hate that people keep posting that image of Ellie and Joel when that model was only shown once. If you play the game you know that's not Ellie, and it should bother you.
But the old Ellie model is so much closer to the Ellie actress Ellen Page.

VanCityGamer

Jan 11, 2013
They aren't going to say anything about it... but it's true.

And hysterical that this dude let it slip on a television show.
Awesome! I'm irrationally excited about this; I've already beaten the game twice on PS3, but I'll gladly play it twice more on PS4. Plus, I haven't played Left Behind yet so it'll be great to play that for the first time on PS4.

It is indeed pretty hysterical how it leaked. Then again, maybe that's how Sony decided to do the official announcement ;)

Hey Morty, any chance you know approximately when in the summer it'll be released? I'm hoping for July since The Evil Within hits at the end of August, which signals the beginning of the floodgates opening for the remainder of 2014. Though I'm not sure I can think of any big games that have ever been released in July. An announcement at E3 in June and release in late August/early September does seem the most likely.

IAmRandom31

Banned
Aug 4, 2013
My Wishlist for this, and what I think it will include.

1080p duh
60fps duh
Enhanced texture resolutions and detail
SMAA TX1 ( isn't this the Second Son solution? Forget the full acronym )
Making of Video
Uncharted 4 video secret video

Badenergytroll

Aug 28, 2007
Finally! I hope the port is good. Maybe like Tomb Raider or something. I bombed Shuhei with tweets about this, now look!

joeblow

Aug 25, 2012
Single dipper here! With "next-gen" around the corner, I simply waited knowing this good news would eventually come about.

Not only was I was able to get through some backlog instead, but my first impression of the game will be in glorious HD as a result.

Dead

well not really...yet
Jun 6, 2004
Houston, TX
Will buy ASAP. Game deserves to be preserved in them 1080p's. And hopefully 60fps

Was planning a new play through but will wait for this if true.

Would be amazing if it's called game of the generation edition lol. Do it sony. Now hoping for a bio infinite definitive edition...

mf luder

Feb 6, 2013
It was a good experience the first time round and I'm sure it will look nice but I've no desire to play it again. Gameplay just isn't fun or varied enough (IMO) to warrant another purchase.

Kariodude

Banned
Nov 8, 2012
I love enchanced graphics. I hope they actually add more than just better graphics. Unless they charge $40 it won't be worth it without more meat.