• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Turkey VP: The Last of Us + Left Behind DLC coming to PS4 in summer 2014

krioto

excellent news - haven't bought the left behind dlc yet, so I'll wait.

this announcement will tank left behind sales on ps3?

GameSeeker

They aren't going to say anything about it... but it's true.

And hysterical that this dude let it slip on a television show.

Sony Marketing continues their pattern of incompetence. It's almost April and Sony Marketing still hasn't figured out how to produce video of the PS4 version of MLB 14 which is supposedly shipping on May 6th. DriveClub has been a marketing blackhole for months, full of silence, "no comment", "soon", "shortly" and "weeks" messaging that has been useless.

TLOU on the PS4 should have been announced by now. The fact that is has to leak this way is hysterical. Now we will get weeks and months of "no comment" and other polite denial messaging from Sony Marketing till they finally announce it, which will be anti-climactic.

Charcoal

I never had the opportunity to play it on PS3. That being said, I would love to on PS4!

Let me give you my credit card, ND!

Possum

Great news! I've been joking about a Game of the Generation Edition on here since the TLoU sales thread last summer. :)

GavinUK86

Last of Us on the PS4? Double dip? Hmm. I wanted to post something witty. Something intelligent. I have nothing. Just..... wake me up when this releases please? Thanks.

*goes back to bed*

bronson

Trying to find it -- I'm positive that I heard Geoff Keighley say this wasn't happening. It was either in a tweet or on the Bonus Round...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's taking so long? I can't imagine the game is still selling in large numbers to people that would go, "oh i will get this in 3 months on ps4"

Sony Marketing continues their pattern of incompetence. It's almost April and Sony Marketing still hasn't figured out how to produce video of the PS4 version of MLB 14 which is supposedly shipping on May 6th. DriveClub has been a marketing blackhole for months, full of silence, "no comment", "soon", "shortly" and "weeks" messaging that has been useless.

TLOU on the PS4 should have been announced by now. The fact that is has to leak this way is hysterical. Now we will get weeks and months of "no comment" and other polite denial messaging from Sony Marketing till they finally announce it, which will be anti-climactic.

I wouldn't say "incompetent" but I think there is reason to give us some breadcrumbs when it comes to some titles.

Now, if Driveclub is now a late fall or winter title, I could see them holding back until E3 for new news as they have to worry about a negative backlash to that kind of delay. But MLB 14 should at least get lots of online press even if there will be no commercial. Take advantage of being the only good baseball title out there.

As for TLOU, if it is indeed releasing this summer, I expect a E3 reveal. It makes sense to reveal it there and send it to stores quickly to get us excited in the summer so that we are satisfied until the fall releases hit.

So their marketing is incompetent because only serious game enthusiasts and Gaffers know about it a quarter of a year before it releases instead of the wider market. Because sales cannibalization is not a thing. Gotcha.

Sanke__

This could be a very big deal for people that played on 360 last gen missed the last of us and were debating switching to playstation this gen

And yeah i would double dip instantly
Never had a chance to get into multiplayer on ps3 or get the platinum

It's almost April and Sony Marketing still hasn't figured out how to produce video of the PS4 version of MLB 14 which is supposedly shipping on May 6th. .

They're pushing the PS3/Vita versions of MLB right now, which is no different from how 2K pushed the current gen versions (at the time) of NBA2K14 over the next-gen versions. The first trailer for the next-gen version came after the current gen versions were available.

RoKKeR

Mort with the truth bomb, so awesome. Was using a borrowed PS3 to play TLoU over the summer so I haven't played through it since and haven't checked out Left behind either.

So looking forward to this.

This could be a very big deal for people that played on 360 last gen missed the last of us and were debating switching to playstation this gen

And yeah i would double dip instantly
Never had a chance to get into multiplayer on ps3 or get the platinum

that would be me. can't wait!

GameSeeker

So their marketing is incompetent because only serious game enthusiasts and Gaffers know about it a quarter of a year before it releases instead of the wider market. Because sales cannibalization is not a thing. Gotcha.

All the other big publishers are doing cross-gen titles (Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Konami, etc.). With cross-gen titles sales cannibalization is not the issue, as not all customers have moved to next-gen yet. TLOU, when ported to the PS4, will be a cross-gen title just like BF4, ACIV, MGS5, etc. For customers migrating to PS4 from the 360, there is no cannibalization. For customers who own a PS3 and don't plan on buying a PS4 for a while, there is no cannibalization. For customers who previously owned a PS3 and have bought a PS4, their is now a chance for a double dip, not cannibalization.

Dead

well not really...yet
I hope the MP gets a nice visual makeover, that plus all DLC included hopefully will get an active player base on PS4

Lingitiz

What's taking so long? I can't imagine the game is still selling in large numbers to people that would go, "oh i will get this in 3 months on ps4"

Probably want people to double dip, or buy DLC/season pass. If they announce it now they lose potential sales on those waiting for a full GOTY release with all the DLC.

FootballFan

This will definitely push me to get a PS4 next year.

ibkrfgwhuJh3GT.gif

Neil and Bruce are already flying to Turkey to deal with him

These guys don't play around... Look at what happened to all the other Sony victims who defied them last month

Top Bottom