• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

Just tried MLB 14: The Show on remote play with my Vita.

Yeah, that's one game that is never going to work with that slight input lag.

Craiji

Lyte, can you confirm that you can party chat while in remote play for the Vita TV? The Blog said it works, but I have my doubts. On the Vita, when you join remote play, the party app quits.

You can, but you have to enter the party chat after you successfully initiate remote play.

Honome

When PS Vita TV launched in Japan, SCE updated the activation limit to 3 portable devices.

SCE hasn't shared a list of compatible media apps yet.

Vita doesn't currently have BBC iPlayer. That might change in the future with PSTV being a thing or things might stay the same.

Assuming they're compatible with PSTV's controls, you can use your previously purchased digital Vita games on it.

I believe it is capped at 30.

Thanks for the information. The 30fps limit really ends up with my hype, specially because i was expecting to play PES and Fifa by remote play, but with 30fps is not the same thing.

ramuh

Traded in my Vita yesterday. Got an additional 50 dollar trade in bonus promotion. Excited to have this. Realized I loved the Vita games but prefer to play on the big screen!

RK128

Traded in my Vita yesterday. Got an additional 50 dollar trade in bonus promotion. Excited to have this. Realized I loved the Vita games but prefer to play on the big screen!

Sorry you traded your Vita man :(; many games that work on Vita (Rayman Legends, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, ect) don't work on PS TV X(.

Still, I hope you enjoy it :D; while I may see it as something pointless, being able to play PSP and Vita games on the big screen is awesome and it does give home for more western 3rd party software and media apps landing on Vita too :D.

KingJolly

Banned
What was the Resolution output of the Vita? and Whats of the PS TV?

Edit: Also sold my Vita but might get this. I've already played Gravity Rush and Tearaway (Which is coming to PS4 even better) So I'm not going to miss anything.

Garraboa

I don't wanna deflate anyone's hype, but:

Ok, so this is really scummy or incompetent by SCEA standards. Remember that PSTV compatibility list they posted three weeks ago? Well, it just got updated today again to remove some of the games they've been falsely advertising to work on PSTV, like Twisted Metal: Head On, Wipeout Pure, Suikoden and Metal Gear Solid, you know, one of the games they openly admitted that worked on PSTV in that blog post!. Guess what else they did? They went to thas same three week-old post and removed every trace of "Metal Gear Solid" being mentioned there, either by themselves or by the comments.

It's just..."baffling" wouldn't even suffice to me. If I'm allowed to pull an olf favorite of mine:

"SCEA gonna SCEA"

Damn, I was going to use this for Suikoden. Good thing I have a PS3... Fucking hilarious that they can't get digital PS1 games running on Vita or PS4. If the Vita picture looks as shitty on my TV as I'm afraid it's going to, I may be shipping this thing back to Amazon on Wednesday.

Anyone had theirs show up early? My last Prime delivery showed up in one day so I'm hoping there is some chance I get to mess around with this thing tonight.

SCEA's SEN management is just embarassing at this point.

Damn, I was going to use this for Suikoden. Good thing I have a PS3... Fucking hilarious that they can't get digital PS1 games running on Vita or PS4. If the Vita picture looks as shitty on my TV as I'm afraid it's going to, I may be shipping this thing back to Amazon on Wednesday.

Anyone had theirs show up early? My last Prime delivery showed up in one day so I'm hoping there is some chance I get to mess around with this thing tonight.

It's not that they can't run, it's that they aren't bothering to get the licensing issues resolved, or that whoever owns the license won't come to an agreement. It's silly.

rav

woo! I am pleased to be excite!
Latest Event: Package has left the carrier facility - October 13, 2014 2:45:51 AM

I still would like to get a 2000 vita at some point, not sure if I should keep my 1000 or not for JP-PSN account.

ascii42

What was the Resolution output of the Vita? and Whats of the PS TV?

Edit: Also sold my Vita but might get this. I've already played Gravity Rush and Tearaway (Which is coming to PS4 even better) So I'm not going to miss anything.

The Vita screen is 960x544. The PS TV can scale that to 720p or 1080i.

Tohsaka

Wait Borderlands isn't supported? And Celceta isn't..? Thinking about getting one for Xmas but if half my games don't work it's pretty pointless.

Celceta needed a patch because of the dumb touch-screen puzzles in some of the dungeons. I think Tom from XSEED said a patch for the US version was in the works.

kiun

Is it confirmed that I can login with my Japanese PSN account on the US PS TV ? If so, I wonder if I can switch account region easily as well.

I compared the current list to the original list found copied and pasted here, and found that these games were pulled from the original list:

PSP games:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Twisted Metal: Head-On
Valkyria Chronicles 2
WipeOut Pure

PSone Classics:
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Sim Theme Park
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Suikoden
Turnabout
Um Jammer Lammy

minis:
TNK III
Time Soldiers
Touchdown Fever
Twin Blades: The Reaping Vanguard
Vanguard

There were no changes to the Vita game list that I could see.

kind of glad i Canceled this preorder. I want to wait until all the patches and issues are sorted out. I see SCEA is busy just fucking shit up as always.

Krakn3Dfx

Even tho I have Prime and ordered some time ago, mine isn't going to be here until Wednesday.

sad-baby-o.gif

I compared the current list to the original list found copied and pasted here, and found that these games were pulled from the original list:

PSP games:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Twisted Metal: Head-On
Valkyria Chronicles 2
WipeOut Pure

PSone Classics:
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Sim Theme Park
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Suikoden
Turnabout
Um Jammer Lammy

minis:
TNK III
Time Soldiers
Touchdown Fever
Twin Blades: The Reaping Vanguard
Vanguard

There were no changes to the Vita game list that I could see.

Makes no sense to remove non-touch games. Couldn't those games already be played on TV from a PSP2000+ anyway?

GulAtiCa

I'm hoping this will be in stock at Gamestop or Best Buy tomorrow. though not like I need it till the weekend anyways, as I plan to just use it in bed early or late late at night.

Need a new HDTV too..

Tohsaka

I e-mailed IFI about patching the US version of Re;birth1 and got a reply earlier:

Thank you very much for contacting us. Things have been a bit hectic around here with the releases we have coming up, but at the moment we can't confirm any Vita TV patches. If we are able to do so, we will definitely let everyone know! Thank you for your continued patience and understanding :)

Hopefully they'll get around to it.

todd360

I really want to get this just to see danganronpa 2 on the big screen. I don't need this at all, but I want it lol. Maybe I'll just get it with Christmas money.

Blues1990

Quick Question for those who are PS Vita/PS4 owners: As an owner of Nintendo consoles since I've been a pup, I've recently been interested with diving into the software that is offered on Sony Systems. (Especially since I haven't played too much in the PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, & PS Vita libraries.) I love platformers, tactical RPG's, shooters (Contra, Metal Sug, etc.), brawlers, and some of the more quirky stuff. Would I be fine with getting a Playstation TV, so I can be satisfied with the Vita, PS1, & PS2 stuff? Or should I instead invest in a Playstation 4?

whitehawk

Banned
Quick Question for those who are PS Vita/PS4 owners: As an owner of Nintendo consoles since I've been a pup, I've recently been interested with diving into the software that is offered on Sony Systems. (Especially since I haven't played too much in the PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, & PS Vita libraries.) I love platformers, tactical RPG's, shooters (Contra, Metal Sug, etc.), brawlers, and some of the more quirky stuff. Would I be fine with getting a Playstation TV, so I can be satisfied with the Vita, PS1, & PS2 stuff? Or should I instead invest in a Playstation 4?
There's aren't any PS2 games on Vita except for a few direct ports/collections.

I love platformers, tactical RPG's, shooters (Contra, Metal Sug, etc.), brawlers, and some of the more quirky stuff. Would I be fine with getting a Playstation TV, so I can be satisfied with the Vita, PS1, & PS2 stuff?

Well, the PS TV doesn't let you play PS2 games.

If you haven't ever had the chance to play any PS1, PSP, or Vita games, the PS TV is a great, inexpensive way to get started with some all-time classic stuff in all the genres you listed.

Phreak47

Hoping the NHL app is available out of the gate. I can remote play to ps4 but i'd rather not have to run the console just for that.

Definitely going wired. Strange the ethernet is only 10/100. Thought gigabit would be a given to shore up the RP quality. Oh well. PS4 and PSTV will be on the same gigabit switch. Best you can do. We will see!

Gator86

Bz4n0Z7IcAA9nz8.jpg

making its way around my twitter TL right now. In case you cannot tell, its the Netflix app

How is Sony so bad at stuff sometimes? How can you release a streaming device without Netflix? I just don't understand how they can be so bad at obvious stuff.

Turns out people like to use Netflix and sort/organize their content.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gotta deactivate my psp 3000 before I can activate my vita tv. Don't see much reason to keep it activated anymore anyways.

but yeah, it looks like the portable licenses went up to 3, as reported earlier in this thread.

Top Bottom