• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita must have titles

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
7bV4Jjh.jpeg

marcincz

I am still playing on my Vita, but most of the games you can play on other platforms.
You should check Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary. Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown and my fav. Muramasa. Besides mobile Civilization, Danganronpa games and Steins;gate.
There are Ratchet, Sly and Jak&Daxter trilogies, too.

Well, tons of the reasons to own Vita have since come to Switch. And most of the few first-party Sony games such as Gravity Rush and Tearaway have been ported to PS4.

The Vita is still a great way to play the PS1 library of games.

Last edited:

Hydroxy

There are not many must play Vita games because most are also available on other platforms. But everyone knows that jrpgs and visual novels are better on a portable. So I would recommend games like Ys series, Danganronpa, Zeeo Escape, etc. If you like dungeon crawlers then there are a few options available like Demon Gaze and Demon Gaze 2. If you like platformers, there's Sly Cooper collection, etc. But there's not a whole lot of must play Vita games.

DeepSpace5D

Tearaway is a must have on the Vita. It’s a game that really utilizes all the unique features of the Vita such as the camera and rear touch pad. It was ported to PS4 later but lost those unique feature mechanics that made the original special. The original version on the Vita is the best way to experience this game in my opinion.

Muramasa Rebirth is another good shout if you didn’t play Muramasa: The Demon Blade on the Wii orWii U. Great title from Vanillaware that has the visual artstyle they are known for, and fun melee combat. You collect swords and battle some epic bosses, with an overworld map that unlocks in a sort of metroidvania style.

Tschumi

Bro. Welcome to the family.

Ah you should look into getting the most out of this system that Sony has abandoned. I've heard tell that one can access the entire library of PSP, among other console systems, if one can figure things out.

NOTE: A lot of these games aren't exclusives, it means nothing Jon Snow - they're fun on this system, I've played them on this system, if you haven't played them before I can vouch for them on the Vita.

Orange = Tschumi likes these, especially, though he likes everything else too or he wouldn't mention it here.

- Tearaway (the best iteration across any console)
- Velocity 2X (mashup of retro shooter and side scroller with fast gameplay that uses touch screen well)
- Rayman: Origins (my favourite side scroller OAT so far, great sense of humor and visual style)
- Shinren The Wanderer (challenging perma death kinda deal, but beautiful and humorous - my avatar has Shinren's hat and his buddy Koppa)
- Jetset Radio (Dreamcast classic here in HD, it was a ground breaking title in its day and it's still really cool)
- Grim Fandango remastered (everyone but everyone should play this classic)
- Everybody's Golf (easy fun)
- Lumines: Electronic Symphony (it misses one gameplay element from the original, but makes up for it with hugely better music and feels)
- Dragon's Crown (not on the store, but try get it, gorgeous ATLUS game)
- Grand Kingdom (not on the store, but try get it, a fun battle system)
- MLB The Show 2015 (it's really nice to have such a big game in the palm of your hand, even if it's a bit cut back)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Another point about PSP emulation, you can map face buttons to your righthand stick, so the fantastic MGS: Peace Walker from the PSP can play like a genuine two stick 3PS. So I've heard.

- Valkyria Chronicles 2 - weird platform for a PS3 sequel? Maybe. But this one is fully featured and just as fun as the original)
- Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics Ogre, Let Us Cling Together - I believe this and many other PS1 classics are still available on the PS Store. This is ofc the greatest FF game OAT. I put in Tactics Ogre too because they're so closely related and Ogre is possibly the better game.
- Child of Light - great side scroller across multiple platforms, it looks gorgeous on the Vita and plays fantastically. As with all similar titles, Vita is the place to experience them for the first time.
- Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark - a humorous and creative sidescroller with some fun mechanics.
- Lost Dimension - Turn based game with a heavy plot and a 'who's the traitor?' mechanic, good stuff and good looking.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - This is actually a fantastic way to experience Ninja Gaiden. Hell of a frame rate, great gameplay and smooth controls. Apparently you shouldn't go near the sequel though.
- Borderlands 2. If you can somehow gain control of your Vita's overclock abilities this game can play smoothly and is, in other words, a mind blowingly scaled game to have sitting on your Vita. It's pretty much the PS3 game, just on a smaller screen.

Additional Edits:
- SteamWorld Dig 2. This is super smooth and really fun.
- Muramasa Rebirth - if you like this kinda stuff (heavy scent of anime) you'll like this
- VA-11 HALL-A - Interesting game, greatly loved story.
- Jak, Sly, Ratchet and Clank PS2 games, in HD. - In case you wanna try these out. They're not of consistently top quality, but they're good enough to get if you want to experience them. I like Sly the most!
- Broken Sword 5 parts 1 and 2. I haven't played these yet, but I'll just put them up because I love the music of the series (by Barrington Pheloung) and have loved earlier games muchly.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Welcome to the Vita Fam!

Exclusives must haves onlyfound on vita:
Freedom Wars
Killzone Mercenary
Muramasa Rebrith
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tales of Hearts R
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Unit 13

Vita games that may also be found on other platforms:
Persona 4 Golden (also available on Steam but Vita remains the only way to own P4G physically. This game is often considered THEE main reason to own a vita.)
Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita is the only way to own this game Physicall)
Dragon's Crown
Gravity Rush
Lost Dimension
Metal Gear Solid HD Collections (Portable Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3)
Odin Sphear Leifthraiser
Tearaway
Wipeout 2048
The Nonary Games
Zero Time Dilemma
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2

Vita also play ps1 classics and some PSP games digitally. If you want that list, lemme know.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
The name varies according to region. The Japanese name is 'Minna san's Golf', which means "everybody's golf", which is I think what it's called on the Australian store for one.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Persona 4 Golden and the Danganronpa games (at least 1 and 2) are some of my top recs, although they've also all been ported to PC. Edit: Browsed through the topic and saw mentions of Rayman Origins/Legends. The former in particularly is good on the Vita because it's the only version iirc that lets you use the touch screen to help pick up collectibles as you do platformer things. Adds allot to the experience.

My top Vita exclusive is Muramasa: Rebirth. Vanillaware at its finest imo. Muramasa's a fantastic action game. Fast and frenetic moment-to-moment gameplay that mixes together some fun demands on resource management (especially on the highest difficulty when you play with only 1 hit point). The game looks and sounds incredible the whole way through, and the Vita rerelease is the only platform for the game that is in HD, got retranslated entirely, and has 4 good content DLC packs. Muramasa's on my short-list of favorite action games ever, but I think I'm in the minority on that. I haven't seen many people as in this game's corner as I am.

Am I the only one who read the thread title as "must have titties"?

You're not alone. I've made that mistake before, actually.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

My top Vita exclusive is Muramasa: Rebirth. Vanillaware at its finest imo. Muramasa's a fantastic action game. Fast and frenetic moment-to-moment gameplay that mixes together some fun demands on resource management (especially on the highest difficulty when you play with only 1 hit point). The game looks and sounds incredible the whole way through, and the Vita rerelease is the only platform for the game that is in HD, got retranslated entirely, and has 4 good content DLC packs. Muramasa's on my short-list of favorite action games ever, but I think I'm in the minority on that. I haven't seen many people as in this game's corner as I am.
Looks cool will check it out. Thanks!

yrcmlived

Neo Member
I just picked a psvita 2000 factory new, now I'm playing my first game but my wish list is very long :D
The problem is the memory, I'm waiting a 32gb from japan

Or, if the Vita is hacked, ALL PS1 and PSP games.
And everything that came before!

Oh and why did I read not one single mention of the game the Vita was invented for?

Sony built a dedicated "The Binding of Isaac"-machine and all I read is "Muramasa" here, "Persona 4 Golden" there... (which both are absolutely awesome).

arvfab

Banned
And everything that came before!

Oh and why did I read not one single mention of the game the Vita was invented for?

Sony built a dedicated "The Binding of Isaac"-machine and all I read is "Muramasa" here, "Persona 4 Golden" there... (which both are absolutely awesome).

Now that you mention it... I even got the plat in Isaac on the Vita 😂

cireza

Banned
Another point about PSP emulation, you can map face buttons to your righthand stick, so the fantastic MGS: Peace Walker from the PSP can play like a genuine two stick 3PS. So I've heard.
I suggest installing Adrenaline for even more options.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 is much better on Vita as you can map the camera to the stick.
You can also play many of the PSP games that were fan-translated to English, such as Valkyria Chronicles 3 or Grand Knights History.

stn

In addition to what's been suggested, I'll add Sonic Racing Transformed. One of the best arcade racers I have played in years.

Persona 4 Golden and the Danganronpa games (at least 1 and 2) are some of my top recs, although they've also all been ported to PC. Edit: Browsed through the topic and saw mentions of Rayman Origins/Legends. The former in particularly is good on the Vita because it's the only version iirc that lets you use the touch screen to help pick up collectibles as you do platformer things. Adds allot to the experience.

You're not alone. I've made that mistake before, actually.
Vita has a lot of anime games. There's quite a few must own titties.

Top Bottom