• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Releasing In February/March In Europe

Phalanx said:
This is probably old, but the newsletter I got from SCEE today confirmes the release date to be in February/March in Europe.

With its gorgeous screen, dual analog joysticks, innovative games and PlayStation Network interoperability is the PlayStation Portable White an impressive package that has enthralled all who got to test it. PS White will be released in February / March 2012 in Europe, and has everything needed to revolutionize portable gaming. And now you can experience it yourself at gamescom 2011 in Cologne, Germany.

PS White is a strange translation.

KAL2006

Banned
Hopefully this means we get full details at Gamescom, date (at least month), launch line up, price of accessories (memory card), what comes in the box (sleeve, demo?).

Will be importing from UK or US depending on which gets it first.... please be Christmas release is US. :(

At least they are starting to narrow it down a bit more. Progress!

KAL2006 said:
Hopefully this means we get full details at Gamescom, date (at least month), launch line up, price of accessories (memory card), what comes in the box (sleeve, demo?).

That's pretty much a guarantee now. We'll probably get the final prices and rough release date later on today at Gamescom.

Was hoping that we'd get a launch lineup as well, but that probably wont happen now since they don't have a set release date yet. (It'll almost certainly be the end of March though, just in time to fit it into this fiscal year)

Hopefully, we'll get final prices for the actual games though!

3DS gets a whole year head start, ouch!

That is not too bad. I rather wait a few months (i.e. after Christmas) and have a proper launch line up. Not sure if a few months is sufficient to get that in order, I guess we'll see more about that later today.

Erethian

Launching this Christmas and launching in Feb/March isn't going to make much of a difference so far as software goes.

I expect it to be your stock standard hardware launch, with one or two decent titles.

zlatko

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'll wait for the price drop.

Same here, Nothing software wise that I MUST PLAY at launch or even on the horizon. If/when it has a library then price won't be an issue.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Spanish Wrath said:
Do we have a release window for Japan?

I'm totally importing.

December is apparently the rumblings from retail.

As for region free-ness, it hasn't been absolutely confirmed, but a SCEE exec said that 'to the best of his knowledge' it would be.

The yen absolutely sucks for importing right now, though.

Murkas

I would import from Japan if it's confirmed that you can change the language and it would be as if you bought it in your region and if games would automatically change language based on your region like it was with the PS3.

I'm assuming it'll be about the same time for US then as well yeah? As much as I really want to get my hands on a Vita I'm kind of happy I have to wait for next year. There's already way too much that'll keep me busy this holiday and I don't need to be spending another 300+ on a Vita and games. :p

neptunes

If it really does release in December in Japan then just wait a month or two man

The release dates are close enough

KAL2006

Banned
I think launch line up will be excellent, many of the games seemed far in development, plus a lot of the developers have said launch window or few months after launch.

This is what I expect for launch

Japan
Gravity Daze
Hotshots Golf
BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2
Dynasty Warriors
LittleDeviants
Disgaea 3 Returns

Europe/US
All the games from Japan launch plus
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4
WipeOut 2048
Reality Fighters

Also games like Sound Shaes, Super Stardust and Hustle Kings will be PSN games. Sega, Capcom and Falcom may also have something for launch as well as the obvious sports games. The second wave of titles will probably be Ruin, LittleBigPlanet, Dragons Crown, Modnation Racers and Smart As. The 3rd wave of titles will be Resistance and Street Fighter X Tekken.

snap0212

Nice. I hope Sony starts talking about the details in the near future. I must know if we can have multiple accounts on one system. :(

Mr_Brit

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
December

I'll import too
Just wait. You don't know what the consequences will be if you import, for all you know you won't be able to use any non Japanese media apps.

Mr_Brit said:
Just wait. You don't know what the consequences will be if you import, for all you know you won't be able to use any non Japanese media apps.
apps? :lol As if I give a fuck about apps
It's all about the games

Mr_Brit said:
And O for confirm plus X for cancel.

That drove me crazy on my imported japanese PSP 1000 until I got CFW.

Top Bottom