• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up picking up the FEB today at gamestop I couldnt wait untill wednesday. I got a few questions. While charging the light is orange does it shut off when its fully charged? And I got the 3g bundle and was wondering how the GPS stuff works? Theres no settings for it that I could find.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Will FPS's use the back touchscreen as left and right trigger, so it feels more like you are holding a controller. I haven't felt the Vita or played a FPS on one obviously but it seems like it would feel awkward holding it so you can use both analog sticks and left and right shoulder buttons.

After messing around with a co-worker's Vita for a few minutes last week, I think it's incredibly comfortable holding the device, accessing the analog sticks with your thumbs, and using the Left and Right buttons.

I played ModNation Racers, which uses the L and R buttons for braking and accelerating. It felt really good and natural. I have fairly small hands, however.

I'd imagine third and first person shooters would feel really good. The front touch screen could possibly be used for functions that are generally put on the L2 and R2 buttons. The rear pad as well.

From what I see in most shooters, the L2 and R2 buttons are used for either throwing grenades and sprinting. To be honest, I think just a tap of the back pad on the left or right side could easily serve those purposes. We'll see, what with Resistance and CoD hitting the Vita this year.

dmasden

Neo Member
He only thing I don't like about vita is when an update ocures most of vita is blocked like browser only ps store was blocked on PSP would love to use browser to look at user guide without updating

Anyone know what the UK price will be for Super Stardust and Escape Plan? Are they both worth getting? I will only have VT4 for the first week or so until I can get Uncharted and Fifa but might use a PSN card.

Takuya

Banned
Anyone else notice an issue with Uncharted seeming to think you're pressing down on the analog stick? Sometimes, when I leave the stick neutral, Drake will walk toward the screen/move down a rope/etc. It sometimes goes away after a while. I thought it might be an issue with my analog sticks, but Uncharted seems to be the only game that thinks I'm pushing down. Hoping it's just a software issue.

I found a couple videos from a guy that is seeing exactly what I am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYjbhMy5mA8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnTwrhmwGTI

Just tested it, either it's his VITA or his continue/checkpoint that is screwed up. Wasn't able to reproduce the error on normal resume, and cold-boot.

Tattooth

Anyone know what the UK price will be for Super Stardust and Escape Plan? Are they both worth getting? I will only have VT4 for the first week or so until I can get Uncharted and Fifa but might use a PSN card.

Pretty sure they are £6.49, it is in the OP, but I am too lazy to check.

Deefuzz

Quick question.

I was debating getting Lumines from Target for the buy 2 get 1 free sale. But like others, I was turned away when going into the store today. So I checked out the price on Amazon today and noticed a promo saying that orders receive "three exclusive MP3 downloads of in-game music composed specifically for some of the game's secret unlockable stages"

Anyone order Lumines from Amazon and get these tracks? Wondering if they are good and/or worth it. Or if I should wait until I can successfully purchase at Target as part of the B2G1 deal.

SSD is so much harder than SSHD. The bosses blow out everything HD had though. I like HD better though, it's much simpler and straightforward.

Ken

Quick question.

I was debating getting Lumines from Target for the buy 2 get 1 free sale. But like others, I was turned away when going into the store today. So I checked out the price on Amazon today and noticed a promo saying that orders receive "three exclusive MP3 downloads of in-game music composed specifically for some of the game's secret unlockable stages"

Anyone order Lumines from Amazon and get these tracks? Wondering if they are good and/or worth it. Or if I should wait until I can successfully purchase at Target as part of the B2G1 deal.

Well, they're just MP3s and not in-game DLC or anything. I'd go with whichever saves you more money.

Yes. The light will turn off.

I only have the wifi Vita though, so can't answer the 3G question.

I keep forgetting you're frequency without the Reanbell avatar. :x

frequency

Ended up picking up the FEB today at gamestop I couldnt wait untill wednesday. I got a few questions. While charging the light is orange does it shut off when its fully charged? And I got the 3g bundle and was wondering how the GPS stuff works? Theres no settings for it that I could find.

Yes. The light will turn off.

I only have the wifi Vita though, so can't answer the 3G question.

VanWinkle

I am not sure why the Vita PS Store (which is otherwise great) doesn't have a section for demos. I think they need to add that quickly.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Was thinking the same. What the hell is wrong with Zipper?
Makes me sad. Was looking forward to this.

The reviews themeselves don't correspond all that well to the low score. Gamekult gave it a low score due to the graphics/"personality" of the game, as well as a non-cohesive single player.

http://translate.google.com/transla...mekult.com/jeux/test-unit-13-J000113138t.html

The whole point of this game is multiplayer leaderboard shootouts and such, which they don't seem to talk much about. :\

r.gun

Neo Member
I am not sure why the Vita PS Store (which is otherwise great) doesn't have a section for demos. I think they need to add that quickly.

I don't see a section either, but if you click on a game you can download the demo straight from the game page if it has one.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You only get the DLC you own for UMvC3 PS3 for free on the Vita version. You'd still need to buy the Vita game.

I don't get Jill and Shuma for UMvC3 Vita if I own those characters on the original version of MvC3 for PS3, do I?

Both have a 35,- price tag but I'm only gonna get one racing game, as of now.

I've played both demos and RR is the better game imo. Framerate was not stable on RR though. Tbh...I think the 3DS version plays better and that confused me ( at least compared to the demo ) With the free DLC coming up and maybe a better framerate in the retailversion, this will be a decent RR after all.

frequency

I keep forgetting you're frequency without the Reanbell avatar. :x

I could change it back.
It's just that FFXIII-2 is like... eating my soul.

I agree. I don't want to go into every game to see if there's a demo.

Of course, another solution would be to make demos mandatory, then we know they'll all have demos! :p
I wish

Ken

I don't get Jill and Shuma for UMvC3 Vita if I own those characters on the original version of MvC3 for PS3, do I?

The MvC3 DLC is compatible with UMvC3 so you should be able to get them. I own UMvC3 on the 360 so I can't say with 100% certainty.

I could change it back.
It's just that FFXIII-2 is like... eating my soul.

I still have my LE wrapped in plastic still. I should get around to playing it...one day.

theBishop

Banned
All reviews say it's a good scoring game but without a proper campaign you shouldn't ask for too much.

Still a nice first little TPS for the Vita.

I hate to admit it, but this game would have to be awful for me not to buy. 3rd parties missed a big opportunity to have an online shooter at launch. Even a straight port would be tolerable in the first couple weeks. After Q3, expectations will be much higher.

Is there anything I can use these AR cards for? And I remember seeing pics of peoples avatars hanging around a park bench was wondering what app that is?

If the 3g was less than £15 a month, I'd be all over the PSV like a rash. Will the UK be getting bundles, preferably with a memory stick over the 8gb one that comes free with Amazon preorders. Also, any news on LocoRoco coming to PSV, maybe even with a tilt mechanism?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The MvC3 DLC is compatible with UMvC3 so you should be able to get them. I own UMvC3 on the 360 so I can't say with 100% certainty.

I still have my LE wrapped in plastic still. I should get around to playing it...one day.

K thx. It's not even showing DLC in the store or anything. Clearly I'm missing something.

Ken

K thx. It's not even showing DLC in the store or anything. Clearly I'm missing something.

Yeah, it seems like you can't buy DLC for Blazblue or UMvC3 from the Vita yet, meaning you'd need to have a PS3 to get them.

I didn't start it until later myself.
This is the first Final Fantasy I didn't start right at release. I was worried because of all the "westernization" they were doing to the game. And some of those things do bother me (auto saves - no save points, unclear progression paths, etc)... but so far, I would say this is the best game I've played since FFXIII. But my opinion on games is kind of unusual - FFXIII is my favourite game this generation.

I got XIII-2 at release, but I wanted to finish FF XIII first before diving in. I got to the Archylte Steppes but then the Vita came out. :(

frequency

I didn't start it until later myself.
This is the first Final Fantasy I didn't start right at release. I was worried because of all the "westernization" they were doing to the game. And some of those things do bother me (auto saves - no save points, unclear progression paths, etc)... but so far, I would say this is the best game I've played since FFXIII. But my opinion on games is kind of unusual. FFXIII is my favourite game this generation.

Is there anything I can use these AR cards for? And I remember seeing pics of peoples avatars hanging around a park bench was wondering what app that is?

AR stuff will come on Tuesday probably, for the actual release of the Vita.
The avatars hanging out is from Hot Shots Golf. It's a fun little side thing - I'm addicted to dressing up my avatar - but don't buy the game just for that.

Decided to check the Vita out at Best Buy while I wait for my Amazon shipment. That screen was amazing in person. So colorful and vibrant. Only got to check out the Gravity Daze demo though because there was a 10 year old kid chomping at the bit for me to put down the system.

Ken

So those with a Vita - is there a demo for Everybody's Golf on PSN?

Nope.

05ca955d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom