• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

I think it's worth $50 dollars, it's longer than U2 and 3 plus there is some form of multiplayer planned for the game but with that said I'm not getting it day 1.
If it had multiplayer, I'd still be bitter about it, but I would consider it a handheld game worth $50. That is, versus multiplayer.

Ran rp

I missed it at $39.99 on Amazon.com, and now it's $49.96. I did check however, and nail down Hot Shots Golf at $29.96 the other day, and now I see that they have WipEout for the same price slashed from $39.99 or so. Nailed that down just now.

Gravity Rush is $49.96 now? It still shows up as $39.99 for me. Maybe you're thinking of Golden Abyss.

PewPewK

Funny, the Australian Sony site still lists Gravity Rush as a Feb 23rd launch title.

Eh, if it doesn't come out in Feb then I'll probably just import the HK version from play-asia. The HK version is supposed to be in English and is slated for a launch in Feb.

But does anybody know if buying the HK version will lock me out of buying US DLC?

If it had multiplayer, I'd still be bitter about it, but I would consider it a handheld game worth $50. That is, versus multiplayer.

I'm not saying you're wrong but Drake's fortune didn't have multiplayer and is shorter than Golden Abyss yet a lot of people were willing to pay $59.99 for it, I don't know man, why does it matter if it's a handheld game if it offers the same amount of content?

in this thread : people tell you how to spend your money.

You aren't my dad.

hahahah, so true.

Salaadin

I wonder what Amazons deal with the PDP Crystal Case is. PDP and Gamestop are both shipping them already but Amazon has the delivery date as 2/29 - 3/6. If thats the case, Im going to get somewhere else.

Yoona

Banned
Now I'm thinking of getting rid of my 3DS and putting it towards Vita. Only 2012 games that interest me are Paper Mario and possibly Luigi's Mansion and I don't feel like two dedicated handheld gaming systems is worth having. At least I got a couple weeks to decide.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
PSY・S;34870601 said:
Gravity Rush is $49.96 now? It still shows up as $39.99 for me. Maybe you're thinking of Golden Abyss.

I meant Uncharted on Amazon is now $49.96, and I missed that price point. I did just change my GameStop order for WipEout to an Amazon.com order. Gamestops is $10 higher. Gamestops price on HS is still $10 higher than Amazon.co
As well.

- J - D -

Now I'm thinking of getting rid of my 3DS and putting it towards Vita. Only 2012 games that interest me are Paper Mario and possibly Luigi's Mansion and I don't feel like two dedicated handheld gaming systems is worth having. At least I got a couple weeks to decide.

As long as you don't put that into a 32gb memory card.

Don't do it.

imjust1n

Banned
Launch games
FEB PSVita (Paid Off)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (at launch) (Paid off)
Rayman Origins (at launch) (Paid Off)
Modnation Racer (at launch) (paid off)
Little Deviants (free with system) (free)
Escape Plan (PSN)

Window games
Army Corps of Hell ( feb 22nd)
Unit 13 (March 6th)
Warriors Lair ( Unknown)
Gravity Rush ( Unknown) (PSN)
Sounds shapes (Unknown)
Mortal Kombat (Unknown)

On the fence
Dungeon Hunter Alliance(Feb 22nd)

Accessories I'm getting
Psvita case (free with system)
4GB memory card(free with system)
Psvita Hori case blue
Hori screen protector
16GB or 32GB memory card

The only game im on the fence about is Dungeon Hunter. Can anybody give me their opinions on this game it looks really cool but I hear bad things about it. Also the Memory Cards im on the fence about either 16GB or the 32GB which would be worth it?

Pachimari

Afterall, I think I'll wait to buy PS Vita until the summer, maybe fall.

Right now, I only really want FIFA and Lumines: Electronic Symphony, then Escape Plan on PSN. I think I'll wait for Gravity Rush in May, FIFA 13 by fall, Sound Shapes and when Persona 4 releases. I don't know what else I'm truly interested in right now, nothing in the launch line-up says anything to me, besides the 3 titles I mentioned. I have total Uncharted fatigue and I'm not even done playing WipEout HD in 3D with the HMZ.

Mzo

What are the odds of being able to turn around and trade in Little Deviants and the 4GB memory card in-store after picking up the FEB?

I have seen plenty of GS stores sell pre-owned "not for resale" copies, going way back to the oversaturated JSRF/some racing game Xbox pack-in.

I figure the card is $20 and the game is $40, so maybe you'd get $30 out of it to buy an 8GB card?

Now it's starting to not sound worth it but I want it SO BAD.

As long as you don't put that into a 32gb memory card.

Why is the 32GB memory card seen as such a bad deal? That's over 10 large sized Vita games (~3GB).

Most Vita titles will be much smaller.

Having that much space makes it easier to trim the fat when you need to make room for new games, if you come close to exceeding the space limit.

I dunno, I feel if you go 32 GB you will be pretty comfortable not having to upgrade for quite a while. And by the time you do have to upgrade they will have 128 GB+ cards available probably on the cheap.

Darklor01

What are the odds of being able to turn around and trade in Little Deviants and the 4GB memory card in-store after picking up the FEB?

I have seen plenty of GS stores sell pre-owned "not for resale" copies, going way back to the oversaturated JSRF/some racing game Xbox pack-in.

I figure the card is $20 and the game is $40, so maybe you'd get $30 out of it to buy an 8GB card?

I checked with my local Gamestop about that. They said they'd give $5 for the 4GB card, and I think $15 for Little Deviants in store credit.

- J - D -

Someone in the previous Vita launch thread said GS was offering $15 for LD, $5 for the 4gb card.

Edit: turns out that person was Darklor01!

Ran rp

I meant Uncharted on Amazon is now $49.96, and I missed that price point. I did just change my GameStop order for WipEout to an Amazon.com order. Gamestops is $10 higher. Gamestops price on HS is still $10 higher than Amazon.co
As well.

Yeah I missed it too. The stupid thing is that I had Uncharted pre-ordered at $39.99 for months but canceled it because I was going to re-order it closer to launch. Stupid me.

unit 13 or army corps

also side note anyone seen Italy trailer for ps vita:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdIUxcCAgoo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

so it live your world play in ours

Jumanji?

Salaadin

Why is the 32GB memory card seen as such a bad deal? That's over 10 large sized Vita games (~3GB).

Having that much space makes it easier to trim the fat when you need to make room for new games, if you come close to exceeding the space limit.

I dunno, I feel if you go 32 GB you will be pretty comfortable not having to upgrade for quite a while. And by the time you do have to upgrade they will have 128 GB+ cards available probably on the cheap.

Between downloading Vita games, thhe digital PSP games I already own, and custom soundtracks (vita supports this, right?), 32GB seemed like a no brainer.

I'm getting this in the summer when classes are over. It will be the Summer of Vita, replete with cheap physical games and (hopefully) cheaper memory cards for DLC.

If Sony wants a DD future from me, then it'll need to release management software for OS X
angry.gif

Corto

Let's do this.

Vita wifi model with a 16 GB card.

Games at/near release:

FIFA Vita
Gravity Daze
Uncharted
Escape Plan
Sound Shapes
WipeOut
Little Deviants
Katamary
Lumines

And being able to play all my PSN PSP titles on the Vita in that gorgeous screen is making me drool a bit.

- J - D -

You really need to ask? Comparable sd and micro sd cards are ~ $35.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
And don't work in the Vita.

That's like saying why pay $4 a gallon for gas when water is just $1.

If you want a Vita, and want space you have no other option.

It's pretty exorbitant though, much like MS's peripheral prices. I mean without having the macro view it's hard to say just how unfair but it feels crappy to pay $100 for 32GB nowadays.

patsu

I love people trying to justify burning money. If you really wanted it early, you would have imported. Getting a First Edition Bundle is just overspending and burning cash.

No you can't ! First edition bundle is 3G. It is locked to the mobile operator, for now at least.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's pretty exorbitant though, much like MS's peripheral prices. I mean without having the macro view it's hard to say just how unfair but it feels crappy to pay $100 for 32GB nowadays.

I was a sucker when I bought a 1GB stick on PSP launch. I feel a lot less ripped for buying 32 for a proprietary format and paying 50 dollars less for a mere 1GB piece.

As DC said, we're all big boys. Go preach about that elsewhere (not you).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Originally planned on getting rid of my 360 for it since I literally never use it but then I just thought how dumb having two handhelds is.

You are probably correct, but I'd say there's actually less overlap between 3DS and Vita than 360 and Vita in terms of the types of games.

Darklor01

Personally speaking, I'd rather pay $99 for a 32GB card, so that I don't have to manage multiple memory cards. I don't want to lose one. Another reason for me is so that I don't have buyers remorse later for not having bought the largest one possible the first time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm sticking with 16 for now, but down the road, if and when there is a larger and more reasonably priced option, I'll upgrade.

Corto

I will be trading in my PSP for the Vita plus some UMD games that I have laying around. I know that I'll never play that again so might as well put it to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom