• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastion

Is Star Wars: Battlefront II for PSP worth it? Is it similar to the PS2 version?

Never had a PSP, so this is the perfect opportunity to catch up on PSP games while waiting for Gravity Rush

If I had never owned a PSP and just got a Vita, I would be overwhelmed with too many options and not enough money. Have fun!

UberTag

Nice vid. So is the FEB the only version with AR cards? I was surprised they weren't in the smaller box with the vita.
My Wi-Fi Vita came with AR cards.
They're still in their plastic wrap and lay abandoned on my bedroom floor in the same spot I dropped them upon unboxing my Vita last Thursday.
Should I open them up?

Toki767

My Wi-Fi Vita came with AR cards.
They're still in their plastic wrap and lay abandoned on my bedroom floor in the same spot I dropped them upon unboxing my Vita last Thursday.
Should I open them up?

Are the AR apps out? If they aren't I don't think you need to open them yet.

Eusis

Stupid question time - to copy vita games from my ps3 to my vita do I need to "install" them on the ps3 first?
Given that PSP installs were broken with the last firmware update possibly for Vita compatibility, I'm pretty sure that's a "hell no". Plus trying to activate them just tells me to plug in a Vita.

TwIsTeD

After seeing the Tekken 6 icon during the Giant Bomb Monday stream I was thinking about
Picking it up on PSN, until I saw the god awful $39.99 price...oh well guess I'll have to wonder cause that's way too much to double dip

Given that PSP installs were broken with the last firmware update possibly for Vita compatibility, I'm pretty sure that's a "hell no". Plus trying to activate them just tells me to plug in a Vita.

Ok but when I go to the transfer util in the XMB it tells me "no content found" or whatever.

d0c_zaius

Fired up blazblue and the graphic quality is really amazing.

And I can't stress how much better the dpad is. It clicks, it's one exposed piece of plastic (not like the awful segmented dual shock dpad) and its really solid for fighting games.

Eusis

Ok but when I go to the transfer util in the XMB it tells me "no content found" or whatever.
I don't have a Vita on hand, but when I tried to use the file it told me to plug a Vita in with a USB cord then open Content Manager. So I think it's more you have to do everything on the Vita, not on the PS3.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

And I can't stress how much better the dpad is. It clicks, it's one piece of plastic and its really solid for fighting games.

I'm extra curious how it will perform with DJ Max. If the dpad is as good as some agree saying, it may make some songs more playable.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

And I can't stress how much better the dpad is. It clicks, it's one exposed piece of plastic (not like the awful segmented dual shock dpad) and its really solid for fighting games.

That sounds hawt. I hated the PSP d-pad so much

UberTag

You are far better off getting it with the rest of the HD Collection on the consoles.
Absolutely true. Although if you happen to double-dip on both versions, Peace Walker is the one non-Vita game you can play on your Vita that can net you trophies through the awesome power of TRANSFARRING.

frequency

Played a bit of the Rayman demo. It's wonderful.

Besides the MJ screw up (which doesn't hurt us so eh), Ubisoft really did well for this launch. They matched Sony's discount when they didn't have to (we see other publishers didn't... those jerks). And they put out some quality titles.

I was going to wait on Lumines and Rayman because Ubisoft games drop so quickly, but I change my mind. Free MJ kind of helped push me too. I'm going to pick up both Lumines and Rayman tomorrow (physical).

Really impressed with Ubisoft here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yup, shit on Ubisoft all you want, but they provided demos and discount pricing on day one for all their games. Good show

Just went hunting for some Vita memory cards... good god. I found only 5 4gig sticks. =/

Either the places I went to were sold out or they didn't have stock yet (lol Meijer).

UberTag

The only real kick in the teeth from Ubisoft is charging $36/$40 for a $15 PSN game with extra trophies (Dungeon Hunter Alliance).
But aside from that blemish (and giving MJ out for free to make up for platinum-deficient Lumines), Ubisoft is the clear all-star performer of the Vita launch.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For people asking about the Ubi games, when I added Asphalt, Rayman, MJ, and Lumines to my cart, the demos all had options to rate and to buy. Something also to consider when possibly assuming that these indeed are the full games. I'm downloading all 4 anyways. Someone else needs to confirm this. They all let me preview, add to cart, and the whole shabang. Just like it was a full game. And it doesn't say demo when downloading unlike Uncharted (for example) which is a different size from its full version.

Yup, shit on Ubisoft all you want, but they provided demos and discount pricing on day one for all their games. Good show

To be clear, it's been confirmed that MJ is indeed free? And that all others are indeed demos?

anddo0

Target deal sounds good. I kinda feel like returning Uncharted to Amazon.
If anything, I'll get Ninja Gaiden and Blazblue/or Rayman, with UMvsC3 being the free game.

Absolutely true. Although if you happen to double-dip on both versions, Peace Walker is the one non-Vita game you can play on your Vita that can net you trophies through the awesome power of TRANSFARRING.

Sarcasm aside, when you play the PSP version of Peacewalker and transfer your save to the PS3 version, it doesn't unlock trophies nor does it unlock future trophies while playing on that save on the PS3 if started from the PSP.

Edit: I was wrong, corrected the OP.

Eusis

For the most part I just find Ubisoft terrible on PC. Consoles they've generally been fine or at least no worse than anyone else out there. Part of why I'm more inclined to get Rayman Origins on Vita than PC actually, depending on what happens with the Steam version, but hell, this sounds like an awesome port anyway.

So Best Buy is offering quite the trade up to Vita according to CAG. 100 for 3DS and a 70 base for PSP Go. Considering it...and I only paid 120 for my 3DS

A silly question, is ok to touch the screen with a touch pen?, like the one that comes with the 3DS, I'm asking not only if the screen is responsive but also if the screen will not end with scratches.

UberTag

I think that's only true if you begin the game on PSP
Yeah, I begun the game on my PS3, transfarred over to my PSP and unlocked trophies just fine when I sent the game back to my PS3.
I imagine it will work the same way on the Vita although I haven't tried it out yet.

Toki767

A silly question, is ok to touch the screen with a touch pen?, like the one that comes with the 3DS, I'm asking not only if the screen is responsive but also if the screen will not end with scratches.

The screen is capacitive, not resistive. So it won't detect stylus touches.

Yeah, I begun the game on my PS3, transfarred over to my PSP and unlocked trophies just fine when I sent the game back to my PS3.
I imagine it will work the same way on the Vita although I haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks, sorry. I didn't even think about that use case.

Eusis

It'll be pointless, capacitive works entirely differently from resistive touch screens like on the DS that just needs a hard thing to poke them. You need a special stylus like this one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For people asking about the Ubi games, when I added Asphalt, Rayman, MJ, and Lumines to my cart, the demos all had options to rate and to buy. Something also to consider when possibly assuming that these indeed are the full games. I'm downloading all 4 anyways. Someone else needs to confirm this. They all let me preview, add to cart, and the whole shabang. Just like it was a full game. And it doesn't say demo when downloading unlike Uncharted (for example) which is a different size from its full version.

To be clear, it's been confirmed that MJ is indeed free? And that all others are indeed demos?

Anyone? My media go doesn't say demos for me on them.

patsu

Played a bit of the Rayman demo. It's wonderful.

Besides the MJ screw up (which doesn't hurt us so eh), Ubisoft really did well for this launch. They matched Sony's discount when they didn't have to (we see other publishers didn't... those jerks). And they put out some quality titles.

[Adjust Viking helmet. Raise spear]

Damn right ! Where are your free games ?

I was going to wait on Lumines and Rayman because Ubisoft games drop so quickly, but I change my mind. Free MJ kind of helped push me too. I'm going to pick up both Lumines and Rayman tomorrow (physical).

Yap, buying Rayman Origins day 1 too. Played the PS3 version in Target today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom