• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Are the demos up on the store yet? Does FIFA have a demo?

Edit: For you wifi-ers who preordered at best buy, you should call your store and see if you can pick up your system now. Someone I work with picked theirs up last night. They're breaking street date for their preorders it seems.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I gotta say, I'm thoroughly amused by Uncharted, LOVE Virtua Tennis. I have yet to try any other titles yet. I have FIFA, UMvC3, VT, WipEout 2048, Uncharted, and HSG. I'll get around to those soon, hopefully before MLB 12: The show gets here.

Damn, great launch!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I spoke to managers at my Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy just now.

Target: My store will not have all launch games available in the 22nd. They will not have 32GB cards. The preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads (which is odd since they don't have 32GB cards). He would not confirm B2G1 deal.

Best Buy: No confirmation on trade-in bonuses. Can still preorder in-store for 22nd launch. They should have "most games" but since games are on sale now, he said not to expect them to all be there on the 22nd.

Toys R Us: Will not confirm specifics, but they are having a Vita promotion starting Sunday. My store will not be carrying 32GB cards. They already have most games out including Rayman.

Obviously, your store may vary. But this may help you plan.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Toys R Us will have $20 gift card for $50 in vita purchases on games ad accessories

Just check CAG, they already outed the deals for these stores

Ads > employees, they will never say anything

KalBalboa

Banned
Toys R Us will have $20 gift card for $50 in vita purchases on games ad accessories

I'll be using that and my $20 at Target to buy myself Lumines on PSN. This launch has a stupidly high amount of great deals- I only paid for one game so far, and it was Wipeout for $30 at a US Gamestop.

Anyone try to trade in Little Deviants at Gamestop? Is it worth a shot?

Also, not sure if it's been posted already but Amazon has HSG for $29.99!

Take it to Best Buy. They're giving $16, plus if you trade it towards a Vita game next week, you'll get 40% extra. I traded it to Twisted Metal yesterday, which has a 40% bonus, and I got $22.40 for it.

Mrbob

It's worth every penny. Great game... considering all the dross I've picked up over the years for $50+, paying $23 for Jean d'Arc is a comparative steal...

I'm sure you are 100 percent right, but I have a big PSP back catalog to dig into. Going to start with the Ys games and move from there.

If I don't see a sale in a month or two I may cave in.

Take it to Best Buy. They're giving $16, plus if you trade it towards a Vita game next week, you'll get 40% extra. I traded it to Twisted Metal yesterday, which has a 40% bonus, and I got $22.40 for it.
So if I wait till next week I'll get $22.40? Guess we have a winner. Thanks for the info!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson

Ads > employees, they will never say anything

Those CAG threads are based loosely on ads. Target not having all titles, Best Buy not having specifics on which handhelds will get trade-in buff, and what Toys R Us will have and when may affect people's plans.

Bumhead

Banned
It's five days left, right? Do you really think they'll send them out soon?

No..

I don't really know the pre-order procedure at Amazon, but I'm hoping for at least some sort of "Preparing in Warehouse" upate or something like the Play.com linked orders earlier.

Hoping they get delivered on Tuesday though rather than Wednesday. Based on nothing but blind hope.

The complaint about not mixing songs seems, nitpicky but valid, I can't stand when mixing is overlooked, especially for an electronic soundtrack like this one, where it could've really added to the hypnosis of the gameplay.

Yep, it's a valid complaint, but it's been that way in the other games, so it wont bother me much. What will bother me is that they didn't bother to make the sound you hear when you tap the back-touch match the skin. That's just lazy and dumb.

The manger did not metnion those. He did emphasize that Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads and to tell customers games they may not find in stores can be found via download.

That's an interesting way to fuck your retail partners. "We're not going to supply you with product. But please tell people we'll sell them games directly online."

Argyle

As far as I know, only one GAFer has managed to get it to run properly. Maybe it has something to do with regions?

Someone cleared this up a few pages ago, apparently Ys 1 and 2 got posted to the store twice (the original offer is no longer available, but it's different than the version that you can currently buy). One GAFfer accidentally bought it twice since owning the original upload doesn't lock you out from buying it again (since it's different) and he noticed that only the original version can be transferred over.

I bought my copy a few days ago so I have the new version that can't be transferred over, but hopefully it gets fixed soon...

This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35212587&postcount=14227

Vlodril

I keep seeing that Trailers in the sky is 20$ or something but when i search for it in the euro store its 35. Is that some mistake or is Sony or whoever published it scalping europeans? And if its the second, can i get it from the us store and then move it to my euro account(thus the vita acc)?

This is something I might need to jump on, there is a 40% bonus towards Twisted Metal or UFC and I was thinking about picking one of them up anyways.

Those CAG threads are based loosely on ads. Target not having all titles, Best Buy not having specifics on which handhelds will get trade-in buff, and what Toys R Us will have and when may affect people's plans.

That is an interesting way to do your job aka not at all. Are retail chains clueless like that all the time?

That's an interesting way to fuck your retail partners. "We're not going to supply you with product. But please tell people we'll sell them games directly online."

Sony mentioned in the past retailers will also be selling download codes for retail titles.

I keep seeing that Trailers in the sky is 20$ or something but when i search for it in the euro store its 35. Is that some mistake or is Sony or whoever published it scalping europeans? And if its the second, can i get it from the us store and then move it to my euro account(thus the vita acc)?

If you buy on the European store you need to play it on the same European account on your Vita.

anddo0

I spoke to managers at my Target, Toys R Us and Best Buy just now.

Target: My store will not have all launch games available in the 22nd. They will not have 32GB cards. The preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital downloads (which is odd since they don't have 32GB cards). He would not confirm B2G1 deal.

Best Buy: No confirmation on trade-in bonuses. Can still preorder in-store for 22nd launch. They should have "most games" but since games are on sale now, he said not to expect them to all be there on the 22nd.

Toys R Us: Will not confirm specifics, but they are having a Vita promotion starting Sunday. My store will not be carrying 32GB cards. They already have most games out including Rayman.

Obviously, your store may vary. But this may help you plan.

Well that sucks. What's the point of the B2G1 deal. If they don't most of the games.

It certainly has an effect on my plans. I was hoping to swing by Target and TRU on Sunday or Monday and get all the games and accessories I wanted, then I'd just swing by and get my system at midnight on the 22nd, and be all set for my trip that morning. May have to rethink that strategy some, although trips to both Target and TRU will probably still be in the cards.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Another day in the life of a HSG lobby

Some facial expressions

hsgphotovgjt6.jpg

hsgphoto_1tfk25.jpg

Any games going on soon? I'm ready to go at it again if anyone wants to go into CAT ALLEY!

I gotta say, I'm thoroughly amused by Uncharted, LOVE Virtua Tennis. I have yet to try any other titles yet. I have FIFA, UMvC3, VT, WipEout 2048, Uncharted, and HSG. I'll get around to those soon, hopefully before MLB 12: The show gets here.

Damn, great launch!
Ya, I'm suffering from this "problem" too... I've got Uncharted, Li'l Deviants, Wipeout 2048, UMvC3, Virtua Tennis 4, Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta, with Army Corps of Hell and Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the way... So far, I've played Super Stardust, Prinny and Uncharted... for hours... and loving it...

I keep thinking I should load up another game, but I'm not ready to move on from these yet... :)

Ken

Another day in the life of a HSG lobby

Some facial expressions

Any games going on soon? I'm ready to go at it again if anyone wants to go into CAT ALLEY!

Saw you in the lobby earlier but you disappeared so I joined a random game.

Mind if I add you on PSN? I'm nya_08.

sakipon

Is 'game download code' even exist? I know there is PSN card...

I think there could be lots of opportunities for retailers. Imagine a beautiful, truly high quality art card of the game in question. They could put the code inside the shrinkwrap on another slip or something. It'd be like purchasing an art postcard.

Nintendo has already done artsy things for the network cards in Japan (special editions with Zelda etc). It really might make people more interested in buying digital value or games in physical stores.

What? They do exist. They sell them in most shops

So what are they like? Just a mere shadow of my vision, I bet.

LiquidMetal14

Saw you in the lobby earlier but you disappeared so I joined a random game.

Mind if I add you on PSN? I'm nya_08.

Send the invite over. I be on in about 1 minute.

I've had more friend requests in the last 3 days than in the last 6 months lol

daoster

So guys...I preordered my Vita 3G way back when on Amazon...and the game comes out on the 22nd....yet my estimated delivery date is the 27th?

What's up with that? I'm a prime user, so I would get two day free shipping, and regardless, its free release date shipping anyways, so is this the same for anybody else?

dreamfall

Don't know if folks are also wondering about this, but I double dipped on The Warriors and it definitely works. Again, with most Rockstar titles, camera control is done by holding one button and swiveling an analog stick. Still, so happy it works on the Vita!

EyMyF.png

jcutner

I think it's Sony's fault of how they treat your credit card info. There are quite a few people who've had this issue.
Not sure if there is an answer for this.

AskPlaystation replied to me via DM on Twitter

"I know it is being researched. If it hasn't been resolved yet, I'm sure it will be soon."

horseshitttttt

LiquidMetal14

I have a question that may be silly. For what game modes are lobbies mandatory?

Do you have to access them only to play live tournaments? What about asynchronous multiplayer?

Not as far as I see. I just go there because it's far more social. You hop right into tournaments without entering them I believe. Someone can correct me but in honesty, I've only done lobbies but could see if going straight in would save that hassle of going into a lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom