• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Lokimaru

VR could be great as an immersion therapy tool, Until Dawn got my over my fear of Roller-coasters and Water Slides. I'm actually eager to go on them now. Still not going Cage diving though :D.

Kaversmed

VR could be great as an immersion therapy tool, Until Dawn got my over my fear of Roller-coasters and Water Slides. I'm actually eager to go on them now. Still not going Cage diving though :D.

I tried Rush of Blood yesterday and the crazy thing is, when going fast on the rollercoaster in the game, your brain really fools you into thinking that it is a real rollercoaster! I mean, you get that sense of g-force where it really tickles in your stomach and you get that sense of "I need to hold on tight here", I was really surprised by this. After a while the feeling does diminish a bit when you get used to it, but man I love it :D

gmoran

Hows Arizona sunshine?

Considering getting that, suoer hot, raw data, and Megaton rainfall

I love it with the Aim controller: ticks all my zombie apocalypse boxes. I tried with Move controllers and couldn't get on with it. It also support dualshock.

A lot of posters here will say you need PS4 Pro for Arizona Sunshine, I disagree but understand where they are coming from: its not as polished as Farpoint or Doom VFR.

Arizona Sunshine is a Marmite game that could really do with a demo.

chechi

So I finally had my first VR experience ever, and guys... GUYS! I was completely blown away, and that was just from the VR Worlds menu hub! I could actually hit the bubble/ball/rock that was in front of me! I did not realize how something that simple could feel so real and satisfying. Needless to say I had a HUGE grin on my face - I felt like a little kid again. :)

Ocean Descent was the first experience I tried and what an amazing ride. I couldn't help myself, so I tried reaching out with my hand to touch the shark when it swam by - I just had to imagine what it would be like to do that irl and this was as close as I could get to that experience. Mindblowing experience! 3D sound is super cool too.

Next up was Scavengers Odyssey - cool experience sitting in my couch and looking down at "my" body and hands controlling the robospider. Neat little idea with pretty bland combat. Although there is a lot of walking and jumping I had no symptoms of sickness, so that's comforting so far.

Last I had three matches in Danger Ball which was pretty damn fun. Very weird and unique using your head as a racket but felt pretty intuitive still.

I'm so exhausted now so I have to get some sleep. Tomorrow the adventures will continue - I didn't even get to try a game with the Move controllers. I can't fucking wait to jump back in. I have Batman, Resi7, Until Dawn and Skyrim waiting for me as well. Can't remember the last time I felt this giddy about gaming. I'm rambling now, goodnight guys! ;)

I was about to write almost the "same" thing - got mine last weekend and cant stop thinking and talking about it :) glad ur having an awesome time with it as well!

PS: and I have to admit, I was a big skeptic at the beginning: "nobody needs this, just a gimmick...." Boy I guess I was wrong...

iratA

I tried Rush of Blood yesterday and the crazy thing is, when going fast on the rollercoaster in the game, your brain really fools you into thinking that it is a real rollercoaster! I mean, you get that sense of g-force where it really tickles in your stomach and you get that sense of "I need to hold on tight here", I was really surprised by this. After a while the feeling does diminish a bit when you get used to it, but man I love it :D

Yeah we need more quality Rollercoster/minecart ride stuff in VR, I play Rush Of Blood all the time for this reason. Heck gimme Rush Of Blood 2!

Anyone had issues with the centering slowly moving to the left? I was playing Skyrim last night and after a few minutes my mace and spell hand were off the screen and I had to turn fully left to see them. Reloading didn't seem to help so I tried with the Last Guardian demo and got the same thing.

Kaversmed

Anyone had issues with the centering slowly moving to the left? I was playing Skyrim last night and after a few minutes my mace and spell hand were off the screen and I had to turn fully left to see them. Reloading didn't seem to help so I tried with the Last Guardian demo and got the same thing.

Are you turning on the headset from a flat surface like a table or the floor? Turn it on like this and wait a minute, this helped a lot on my drifting issues.

Also, I’m sure you are aware already but always make sure your PS4 is turned completely off before playing PSVR. There’s a weird tracking bug with PSVR if you are playing from sleep mode.

DjRalford

Drift is usually due to setup, make sure you’re with 5ft of the camera, no light sources seen by camera.

Also fully power off PS4, unplug PSVR PU power for 30 seconds, start up PS4, then sit PSVR on flat surface when turning on and leave still for 30 seconds.

Are you turning on the headset from a flat surface like a table or the floor? Turn it on like this and wait a minute, this helped a lot on my drifting issues.

Also, I’m sure you are aware already but always make sure your PS4 is turned completely off before playing PSVR. There’s a weird tracking bug with PSVR if you are playing from sleep mode.

Hah! So it was sleep mode. I rarely ever play from sleep mode but I left for 30 mins and decided to put it in rest and that's when the issue popped up.

Lokimaru

Man if you could Mod Skyrim VR I think i'd lose my Job.

We need a Killzone VR

Imagine This in VR

killzone2-1.gif

CyberChulo

I just noticed that they updated Brookhaven Experiment (may have been a while ago) but it does look a little bit cleaner and they've added some new bosses! Still love this game.

philm87

Ultrawings out today. £17.99 in the UK. Think there's supposed to be around 15 hours of gameplay, possibly more if you want to finish it 100% and get golds on everything. Free DLC planned for the future too. Looks good fun!

Kaversmed

Ultrawings out today. £17.99 in the UK. Think there's supposed to be around 15 hours of gameplay, possibly more if you want to finish it 100% and get golds on everything. Free DLC planned for the future too. Looks good fun!

Can’t find it on the EU store :(

Grinchy

Banned

It looks fucking awesome, but for some reason I am kinda waiting on some user impressions first.

iratA

Its getting a physical release too I think.

Toe-Knee

For v1 psvr owners wanting hdr pass thru I picked up one of these.

HUIERAV HDMI 2.0 Ultra HD 4Kx2K/60Hz HDMI Switch| HDMI 2 Ports Bi-direction Manual Switch 2x1 or 1x2 AB Switch Splitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06VVM9312/

I know three people with these two had good luck the third didn't. However the difference is the ones where it worked had Sony tvs the one where it didn't had a Samsung.

Figured I would give it a go on my Bravia. I'll report back later.

Toe-Knee

HUIERAV HDMI 2.0 Ultra HD 4Kx2K/60Hz HDMI Switch| HDMI 2 Ports Bi-direction Manual Switch 2x1 or 1x2 AB Switch Splitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06VVM9312/

I know three people with these two had good luck the third didn't. However the difference is the ones where it worked had Sony tvs the one where it didn't had a Samsung.

Worked like a charm just so long as you power the ps4 off when switching outputs otherwise you get a staticky screen like an out of tune crt.

As a bonus it came with a 18gbps hdmi cable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought Monster of the Deep last week, figuring it wouldn't go on sale since it's so new.

Damn it.

Either way the game is pretty ridiculous but I've had fun with it the little I've played. I'm up to being able to play 30-45 minute sessions max before I get a wicked headache, but it's an improvement!

The_Afroman

Ok, so i'm looking to get a PSVR..

I already have a PS Camera and Move controllers. So i just want to headset. Is the standalone headset version 1 or 2? I seems to be getting confused here with the budles? is the 199 bundle right now a v1 or 2? is the doom one version 2? ARGH

Is there a wiki for this? Why did Sony make V1 and 2 so similar?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

WELP! Not going to work on my Samsung KS8500 then.

Robbit_80

Save yourself the bother, sell up and get a V2 like I did. Even if you manage to get a switch working for HDR passthrough you'll be stuck with YUV420 for non-HDR games (at least for the Sewell). V2 works as it should have from the beginning. Sony done fucked up.

Toe-Knee

Save yourself the bother, sell up and get a V2 like I did. Even if you manage to get a switch working for HDR passthrough you'll be stuck with YUV420 for non-HDR games (at least for the Sewell). V2 works as it should have from the beginning. Sony done fucked up.

I'm getting full rgb with this.

Toe-Knee

WELP! Not going to work on my Samsung KS8500 then.

To be fair I would try it. He's just one guy. If you look in the comments /questions on Amazon other people have had good luck with samsungs.

Chances are he didn't use a 2.0 cable somewhere which limited what the switch could do.

If it doesn't work with it no bid loss either way.

It did take a good few weeks to get to me though using Netherlands post.

CEJames

Did anyone try Accounting yet? No reviews so far...

Came to ask the exact same question. It's way cheaper than I expected (around $10) so now I'm wondering if it's ultra short or something?

I'm going to be playing it in the near future, but it's supposed to be a very short game.

My first play through was about 2 hours. There is stuff I definitely missed because I didn't get any of the (3 supposedly) secret levels. But I was just honestly enjoying how stupidly hilarious it was. So if I'm to guess, it's a good 3 to 5 hour game for $12 or ($10.19) if it's still 15% off.

chechi

My first play through was about 2 hours. There is stuff I definitely missed because I didn't get any of the (3 supposedly) secret levels. But I was just honestly enjoying how stupidly hilarious it was. So if I'm to guess, it's a good 3 to 5 hour game for $12 or ($10.19) if it's still 15% off.

Thanks a lot for the update. I think Im gonna give it a try tonight - in the mood for something funny!

Kaversmed

Thanks for feedback! Also, I hear there’s a Platinum trophy - how difficult is it to get? :p

theHFIC

Did anyone try Accounting yet? No reviews so far...

Played it last night after work. Did a single playthrough in about an hour however i didn't explore every scene in depth because I know I would play through it again. What happens in the game itself is way different than the PC version with the addition of more content, so I am looking forward to going back in. Playable with Dual Shock, one, or two Move controllers. The whole game can be played with one Move controller easily.

Game itself was really funny if you are fan of the Rick and Morty type of humor / voices. Don't know if I could justify purchasing it with a non-sale price though because of the limited length and focus of the game but I am happy with the preorder purchase price.

MultiCore

how are u guys cleaning the lens?

it seems that everytime someone uses it it gets greasy

also, are u placing any protectors on it?
I bought the VR Lens Lab protectors after my first set got a scratch. They seem to be working perfectly.

I used a microfiber cloth, isn't scratching the protectors.

Wonko_C

So I got one of my friends to try PSVR for the first time and before using it he was all like "I don't know man, Nintendo did this first with the Virtual Boy, y'know?" (I facepalmed internally when I heard that). After a few minutes of playing, he ended up enjoying quite a bit, perhaps too much...

Aq7FN5Y.gif

It's not what you think it is. He's just too excited after playing through the chase scene from The London Heist. :p

So I got one of my friends to try PSVR for the first time and before using it he was all like "I don't know man, Nintendo did this first with the Virtual Boy, y'know?" (I facepalmed internally when I heard that). After a few minutes of playing, he ended up enjoying quite a bit, perhaps too much...

Aq7FN5Y.gif

It's not what you think it is. He's just too excited after playing through the chase scene from The London Heist. :p

LMAO

philm87

Really good sale on the EU psn store for VR now. Just got Arizona Sunshine, Raw Data, Superhot VR, Statik, Headmaster, Hustle Kings VR, and Paranormal Activity, all for about £70 (less with discounted wallet top up). Loads more on there too.

Top Bottom