• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Romulus

Mar 21, 2019
Played Spidey (on Vive). It was definitely better than the previous promo. Mechanics were fun, I was surprised that they went for it, doing some actual VR web swinging. Not perfect, but certainly better than I'd expected. The rest of the experience... ehhhh. I'd almost rather not have bothered. I think it's a tease because they've demonstrated that they could do something pretty cool, but there honestly hasn't been any kind of budget/production value put into this. If they spent a little money they could make it look a fair bit nicer (environments), and with some solid design I could see myself happily getting lost in this world. Yes I know it's free, but I'd happily pay good money for a legit campaign building off these mechanics and with some compelling design.. I mean, VR really needs this stuff right now to advance the medium. It's not giving me too much hope for Iron Man, I have to say. I guess we will know more, shortly.
Have you read the gameplay previews for Iron Man? They're incredibly positive, and there's typically a massive difference in scope/quality between a free game and paid.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Wonko_C

Jul 5, 2010
Cancun, Mexico.
I had some amazon gift credit so I bought No Man's Sky for cheap in preparation for the VR update. Installed it and played for a bit aaaand... now I want to keep playing. Announce a date already!

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
I had some amazon gift credit so I bought No Man's Sky for cheap in preparation for the VR update. Installed it and played for a bit aaaand... now I want to keep playing. Announce a date already!
I'd wait it out. I've played like 100 hours in the game so far and will be checking out the VR update, but I wish I had never touched it instead and only tried it in VR. Unless the update sucks, but I can't control that haha

Reactions: Wonko_C

mckmas8808

Gold Member
May 24, 2005
I'd wait it out. I've played like 100 hours in the game so far and will be checking out the VR update, but I wish I had never touched it instead and only tried it in VR. Unless the update sucks, but I can't control that haha
I'm waiting on that date too.

Jan 4, 2017
Vancouver, BC
www.teepublic.com
According to the PSVR group I belong too on social media, the long lost title Starchild is available for pre-order @ GameStop with a physical release date of 10/31/19. Starchild if you remember was a side scrolling game that showed potential back on the PSVR demo disc 2.0. Lets hope its not a placeholder and turns out to be a solid date, I'd still like to play this.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Sep 17, 2011
www.scifijapan.com
Blood & Truth demo coming to PS Store tomorrow.

If you haven’t played already, I strongly suggest you check it out.
I bought the full game a few weeks back and FINALLY got around to playing it a bit today. It's a killer VR app.
Seriously, Sony needs to be pushing this title HARD. Incredible experience so far. You're basically in your own
"big budget" action movie. Can't wait to play more but the VR mechanics are ace, easy to use and most importantly, FUN.

Romulus

Mar 21, 2019
I bought the full game a few weeks back and FINALLY got around to playing it a bit today. It's a killer VR app.
Seriously, Sony needs to be pushing this title HARD. Incredible experience so far. You're basically in your own
"big budget" action movie. Can't wait to play more but the VR mechanics are ace, easy to use and most importantly, FUN.
Of the 6 gamer friends that have tried at my house, all of them said something similar. Sony should have this in every mall or something lol. As gamers, we're so used to youtubing something to get an idea, but for VR that just doesn't work at all.

Reactions: ultrazilla