• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I just bought

Battlezone
Holoball
Pinball FX2 VR

Battlezone is still downloading but Holoball and pinball is really good for that price. Holoball looks kinda boring in 2d but in VR its really nice, and can get really tense and fast. This could be a workout!

Pinball is just nice to play in VR, it's really well done, you have Really the feeling you are right in front of a pinball machine.

Nice choices.

Playing Pinball in VR is so natural. You can just look up and down the table as you would in real life. So much better that way.

Holoball is great as long as you have the space to play in. You really do feel like you e been dropped into a Tron-style world.

Battlezone is good, but I found it really tough in single player. Wish I had more VR owning buddies to hook up and play with.

I just bought

Battlezone
Holoball
Pinball FX2 VR

Battlezone is still downloading but Holoball and pinball is really good for that price. Holoball looks kinda boring in 2d but in VR its really nice, and can get really tense and fast. This could be a workout!

Pinball is just nice to play in VR, it's really well done, you have Really the feeling you are right in front of a pinball machine.

They need to get the Marvel and Star Wars tables on there. Also, is the Walking dead table standalone or do you need to buy the base game first?

Codiox

Nice choices.

Playing Pinball in VR is so natural. You can just look up and down the table as you would in real life. So much better that way.

Holoball is great as long as you have the space to play in. You really do feel like you e been dropped into a Tron-style world.

Battlezone is good, but I found it really tough in single player. Wish I had more VR owning buddies to hook up and play with.

If you want to try out battlezone in coop add me: C0D10X

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
EU Easter sale:

100ft Robot Golf: 11,99€
Ace Banana: 7,99€
Battlezone: 29,99€
Carnival Games: VR: 9,99€
Dirt Rally bundle: 24,99€
Dirt Rally VR add-on: 8,99€
Eagle Flight: 24,99€
Eve Gunjack: 3,99€
Eve Valkyrie: 29,99€
Fruit Ninja VR: 11,99€
Harmonix Music VR: 9,99€
Headmaster: 11,99€
Holoball: 9,99€
How We Soar: 12,99€
Job Simulator: 19,99€
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes: 7,99€
Kismet: 3,99€
Lethal VR: 9,99€
Loading Human Chapter 1: 19,99€
Mervils A VR Adventure: 8,99€
NBA 2KVR Experience: 6,99€
Perfect: 6,99€
Pinball FX2 VR: 9,99€
Pixel Gear: 5,99€
Rez Infinite: 19,99€
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 24,99€
Robinson The Journey: 34,99€ (29,99€ PS+)
Sports bar VR: 9,99€
Starship Disco: 6,99€
Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality: 12,99€
Tethered: 13,99€
Tethered Divine Edition: 19,99€
The Assembly: 14,99€
The Brookhaven Experiment: 11,99€
The Martian VR Experience: 5,99€
Thumper: 12,99€
Time Machine VR: 19,99€
VEV Viva Ex Vivo: 2,99€
Waddle Home: 5,99€
Wayward Sky: 11,99€
Weeping Doll: 5,99€
Werewolves Within: 17,99€
Windlands: 16,99€

That's one helluva sale. The NA store needs to match this.

mclem

I've just found out about the Littlstar change, and now I'm curious if anyone's got any recommendations for good adrenaline junkie style video; rollercoasters, skydives, other unusual experiences. Most of the things I'm finding that purport to be 'VR videos' are only 360 or 180 videos, without also having the SBS/OU 3D component on top of that, which ends up feeling a bit lacking for me.

Grinchy

Banned
I was just glad they added an even harder mode to Battlezone. I haven't been able to play some co-op with the new patch yet, but we were beasting the Hard mode.

Codiox

Today i will get Mortal Blitz, heard pretty good things on reddit about it.
It seems its like Time Crisis but in VR, sounds awesome for me.

Anybody got this already?

Chun-Li

Today i will get Mortal Blitz, heard pretty good things on reddit about it.
It seems its like Time Crisis but in VR, sounds awesome for me.

Anybody got this already?

I played through 5 training stages and 2 campaign levels so far. I am really digging it!

It's taking me some time to get adjusted to the mechanics, but they are reaaally fun! I love the magnetism ability. You can do some really bad ass stuff.

phant0m

Fuck US needs dat EU sale. $30 DiRT VR bundle is an insta-buy, the current $70 price is just too steep.

Would probably pick up Eagle Flighy or Robinson at those prices too.

bumpkin

I played through 5 training stages and 2 campaign levels so far. I am really digging it!

It's taking me some time to get adjusted to the mechanics, but they are reaaally fun! I love the magnetism ability. You can do some really bad ass stuff.
I'd be curious to hear how long it is with the $30 price tag. $20 is more or less my maximum with downloadable games.

That's one helluva sale. The NA store needs to match this.
Agreed. I have been waiting for a sale on Fruit Ninja VR.

MattAces

How's the online for Eve Valkyrie now? $30 plus a lot of past update with a lot of promising updates coming soon. Or just stick with Starblood?

Turkoop

Banned
Wow, I'm reall impressed with Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing mission, dude that was awesome - and the only game which caused sickness...

A video released today shows footage from a few of the upcoming PlayStation VR Experiences, including:
  • David Attenborough's First Life
  • Atomic Ghost Fleet
  • Cocos Shark Island
  • Chernobyl VR Project
  • Everest VR
  • The Virtual Orchestra

Everest looks to be true VR but I'm not sure about the others. They could simply be 360 video.

https://youtu.be/Mceri1pNnec

As a VR Experience, has anyone "played" through Virry VR? It looks sort of cool... and it is only $10.

I've just found out about the Littlstar change, and now I'm curious if anyone's got any recommendations for good adrenaline junkie style video; rollercoasters, skydives, other unusual experiences. Most of the things I'm finding that purport to be 'VR videos' are only 360 or 180 videos, without also having the SBS/OU 3D component on top of that, which ends up feeling a bit lacking for me.

What changed in Littlestar?

WITHE1982

I'm looking to put my recent £10 free credit towards something in the EU sale but I could do with a few pointers.

I'm currently looking at:

Robinson the Journey - £25
The Assembly - £11.99
Thumper - £9.99
Eagle flight - £19.99
Eve: Valerie - £24.99

TBH none really jump out at me as "the one" . Maybe Robinson if they ever patched in move support or the Assembly as I quite like slower paced adventure games. I'm not really a big flight fan but just want to pad out my collection, hence the inclusion of Eve and Eagle Flight.

I'm open to suggestions if there's any others I should maybe jump on.

*Splinter

I'm looking to put my recent £10 free credit towards something in the EU sale but I could do with a few pointers.

I'm currently looking at:

Robinson the Journey - £25
The Assembly - £11.99
Thumper - £9.99
Eagle flight - £19.99
Eve: Valerie - £24.99

TBH none really jump out at me as "the one" . Maybe Robinson if they ever patched in move support or the Assembly as I quite like slower paced adventure games. I'm not really a big flight fan but just want to pad out my collection, hence the inclusion of Eve and Eagle Flight.

I'm open to suggestions if there's any others I should maybe jump on.
Thumper is great, unless you absolutely don't like rhythm action games

*Splinter

I keep hearing such good things about it but tried the demo and it didn't really grip me.

Is it a game that takes a while to grow on you or was it instantly good?
Well it doesn't change massively... Just gets more complex.

I was worried it would be too easy at first (and was wrong), but apart from that I think I enjoyed it from the start.

WITHE1982

Well it doesn't change massively... Just gets more complex.

I was worried it would be too easy at first (and was wrong), but apart from that I think I enjoyed it from the start.

Well given it's been recommended every single time it's been mentioned I think i'll give it a go. I believe you can also play it in non-VR version?

I don't think i've ever given any rhythm game a good try that so this may as well be the first.

Kyolux

Just tried Mortal Blitz. It felt pretty good to be in an action packed game in VR, don't remember the last one I played like that.

*Splinter

Well given it's been recommended every single time it's been mentioned I think i'll give it a go. I believe you can also play it in non-VR version?

I don't think i've ever given any rhythm game a good try that so this may as well be the first.
It can be played 2D but I'd strongly recommend playing in VR, it looks absolutely fantastic, and being able to see ahead in 3d apparently makes it a bit easier to read what's coming up.

Although, to be fair, I guess I'd always recommend VR over 2D in games that give the option :p

Kyolux

I assume it uses Move controllers? How's the tracking?

Pretty good, at least on the Pro. Had a hard time though between switching between guns and empty hands for the super powers. Just a learning curve I got to go through I guess.

Top Bottom