• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed

mckmas8808

Banned
Control F “Astro”

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

They know what they are doing. It'll come out 2-4 months after the PSVR2 is released. It'll be the game of the year edition and cost $20 more but have 2-3 more hours of gameplay. And I'll buy it again too lol.

Crayon

I think it's actually kind of pathetic. Most of the games are just ports from existing games on the Meta/Oculus Quest. And out of the ones not already available on Quest, several of them are already available on PCVR.
If the value in PSVR lies in high quality exclusives, the list is pretty bad. If you want to play ports of shitty Quest games, then I guess you have a lot to pick from.

Meta Quest Games
PCVR
Not Available on Meta Quest or PCVR
  • Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
  • Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
  • Cities VR (Fast Travel Games)
  • Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
  • Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
  • The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, launch window)
  • Demeo (Resolution Games)
  • Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
  • Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
  • Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
  • Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
  • The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
  • The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
  • Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc)
  • NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
  • No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
  • Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
  • Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update to PS5 version of RE Village)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Song in the Smoke (17 Bit)
  • STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
  • Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
  • The Tale of Onogoro (Amata K.K)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Tetris Effect (Enhance)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
  • Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
  • Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)

That's a cool story, but most people don't have a quest.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aaaand they're announcing a 10€ fee for each PSVR2 port of those smaller PSVR1 games.

Many of these games didn't even cost 10€ to begin with. Rez Infinite has been on sale for 9€ on the PSN Store.

Î'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Notice they're the two third party games and not 1st party or 3rd party exclusives or other third party games?

Blame the publisher of those two games.

Last edited:

XXL

I think it's actually kind of pathetic. Most of the games are just ports from existing games on the Meta/Oculus Quest. And out of the ones not already available on Quest, several of them are already available on PCVR.
If the value in PSVR lies in high quality exclusives, the list is pretty bad. If you want to play ports of shitty Quest games, then I guess you have a lot to pick from.

Meta Quest Games
PCVR
Not Available on Meta Quest Standalone
  • After the Fall (Vertigo Games)
  • The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
Is this a joke? Every game in green (and purple) is straight 🔥
fetchimage

Not to mention the PSVR 2 with the PS5 is quite a bit better than the Quest 2 (hardware wise) and that will benefit pretty much every game on that list.

Danknugz

Meta Quest Games
PCVR
Not Available on Meta Quest or PCVR
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
well to be fair, there haven't been any real VR impactful releases since half life alex or saints and sinners. maybe Sony has the resources to develop some more exclusive VR IP but for now it looks like they're just doing ports.

That's a cool story, but most people don't have a quest.

For anyone who is used to AAA gaming, and who hasn't tried VR/Quest yet, I really hope the expectations are tempered for most of those games I highlighted in red...or else I suspect there is going to be a lot of disappointment. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SLB1904

Banned
For anyone who is used to AAA gaming, and who hasn't tried VR/Quest yet, I really hope the expectations are tempered for most of those games I highlighted in red...or else I suspect there is going to be a lot of disappointment. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Don't listen to this guy. These games will look and play beautifully on psvr2. The good ones that's it.
The walking is regarded one of the best vr games ever.

Maybe I should temper my expectations if I were to play them stand-alone on a Quest 2 with massively inferior visuals

But I’m not

So nah, there’s plenty of great content

Maybe I should temper my expectations if I were to play them stand-alone on a Quest 2 with massively inferior visuals

But I’m not

Despite that all those games are still rad as fuck. Quest/Quest 2 ports are a good thing because its additional content, probably at a reduced cost than AAA games. Anyone playing Pistol Whip for the first time, be it on PSVR2 or Quest 2, is gonna have a fucking blast.

But I’m not

Have you even looked at games like Job Simulator? Adding foveated rendering and higher resolution OLEDs isn't going to change the fact that a lot of these VR games are running with overly simplistic, PS3-grade visuals. Most of those are still going to look massively inferior. Some, like Walking Dead, will be much improved, but that's an exception and not the rule.

SLB1904

Banned
Have you even looked at games like Job Simulator? Adding foveated rendering and higher resolution OLEDs isn't going to change the fact that a lot of these VR games are running with overly simplistic, PS3-grade visuals. Most of those are still going to look massively inferior. Some, like Walking Dead, will be much improved, but that's an exception and not the rule.
Dude not all the games will ne awesome. Therebis at least 10 games coming at launch which are great. How many platforms can say the same. Every new hardware launch you have maybe one must have and a couple of mid games and a bunch of garbage.

This launch will keep people busy for months

Why do you have walking dead in red then?

That list coloring is disingenuous

Killer8

A ~$1200 PC + ~$400 VR is probably 90% there (missing things like eye tracking for now, which like 2 games use for menus though of course its use will expand as more devices get it, plus their own perks on top instead, like said hardware also having wireless/stand alone/handtracking & stuff).

Not exactly budget friendly on a $500 or much more PS5 (lol @ some Europrices) + $600 PSVR2 + higher prices for all the games, subscriptions for online and what not. You are just comparing 2 very expensive choices most people can't afford either way rather than one expensive vs one cheap.

... The people you're chastising already own the PS5 though. That means a typical PS5 owner interested in VR would just need to pay $600 on top of what they already have for PSVR2. A PS5 owner is not going to even consider the PC as an option - because that choice then goes from just needing to buy the $600 headset, which is supported by what they already own, to needing to buy a $400 headset and a new $1200 rig to play it. That becomes a $1000 difference to get, in your words, 90% of the same experience.

There is no mythical consumer out there weighing up the choice of PS5 + PSVR2 versus PC + a PC VR headset. VR is always a novelty add-on for whichever device you already own.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
... The people you're chastising
I'm not chastising anyone, I just responded to a post that unfairly compared costs of different platforms. Let's not act like PS5 + PSVR2 is attainable for poor folks that couldn't if they wanted to make a different choice afford a PC instead. Both are premium luxury choices even with small differences. It's fine to not want one which doesn't make the other choice bad, just as gaming on flat PS5 didn't make gaming on PC bad, or extinct (even with a pronounced cost difference, though again you tend to save loads on games, mods and often upgrade incrementally over years and not in one go) 🤷‍♂️

I've done nothing but sing the praises of PSVR2 and its potential effect on VR gaming, even saying I'd hope it can work on PC at some point to make it another potential choice there alongside other fine choices of hardware, I just made one or two comments about a very specific type of player, gamer or what have you that only now happens to see the value of VR even for games that already exist and play great elsewhere they didn't care for previously and if Sony wasn't doing it they still wouldn't see it (see Xbox players not seeing the value still) and got some backlash from said type 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Crayon

A ~$1200 PC + ~$400 VR is probably 90% there (missing things like eye tracking for now, which like 2 games use for menus though of course its use will expand as more devices get it, plus their own perks on top instead, like said hardware also having wireless/stand alone/handtracking & stuff).

Not exactly budget friendly on a $500 or much more PS5 (lol @ some Europrices) + $600 PSVR2 + higher prices for all the games, subscriptions for online and what not. You are just comparing 2 very expensive choices most people can't afford either way rather than one expensive vs one cheap.

I don't think there is any $400 vr is 90% there. Nor a $1200 pc that can drive full resolution (no foveated rendering) for something like horizon or gt or RE8.

Adding the PS5 to pump the price is fair enough but it has the opposite effect of making PSVR2 look like the deal of the century.

Markio128

I don’t think any amount of negativity is going to temper my excitement for next month. GT7 alone is going to be a superb experience and it’s free, which is just the icing on the cake.

ZoukGalaxy

As someone who gets insane motion sickness, watching these vr games being announced is burning my soul. It's the next level of gaming, but my brain says fuck you your not allowed.

I2S9.gif
Don't give up !

There is comfort options in a lot of games, and for a lot of people, the more you play, the more you get used to.
I'm so lucky to be immune but I feel empathy for people who have these problem, VR is truly something incredible.

Again, don't give up !

Last edited:

Crayon

As someone who gets insane motion sickness, watching these vr games being announced is burning my soul. It's the next level of gaming, but my brain says fuck you your not allowed.

I2S9.gif

You might have hope. The key is to spend time in vr NOT sick. If you use dramamine at first (people take it every day getting on a ferry or a plane or whatever), you most likeley won't have to take it that long since you'll be able to get used to it without the struggle of associating it with nausia. Sort of like you got food poisening from that tuna sandwhich and didn't touch tuna for a year lol.

MacReady13

Can’t wait for Synth Riders! Loved it on PSVR! This launch lineup looks awesome! This (VR) is the most exciting future for gaming. Cannot wait for PSVR2!

Markio128

I do remember suffering with the motion sickness when I first started using PSVR, but I was almost immune within a month or so - to the point that I wasn’t affected by games like Skyrim or WipEout. I personally find that looking down whilst moving is nausea territory, so I try to avoid doing that - it’s the same if I’m a passenger in a car.

mckmas8808

Banned
... The people you're chastising already own the PS5 though. That means a typical PS5 owner interested in VR would just need to pay $600 on top of what they already have for PSVR2. A PS5 owner is not going to even consider the PC as an option - because that choice then goes from just needing to buy the $600 headset, which is supported by what they already own, to needing to buy a $400 headset and a new $1200 rig to play it. That becomes a $1000 difference to get, in your words, 90% of the same experience.

There is no mythical consumer out there weighing up the choice of PS5 + PSVR2 versus PC + a PC VR headset. VR is always a novelty add-on for whichever device you already own.

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

So sick and tired of the BS "PSVR2 really cost $1100 crowd"

Top Bottom