• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

Just saw an email that sony is ready to charge me for psvr 2. All psvr 2 games are currently digital right? Fingers crossed that sony also adds psvr 2 games to ps premium.
Some have Physical, but release on the 22nd. others you could probably buy physical if they are PSVR1 and have an Upgrade path. However, the PS5 store is an absolute pig, so no idea how many games are even due for release, when, nor the cost with just 9 days to go. The main reason I STILL dont really know what I'm getting day one.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Once I get a confirmed delivery date I'll be booking a day off work, so far I have:

Call of the Mountain
Resi8
GT7
Kayakin game
No Man's Sky

Should keep me going for a while, the kayaking one really interests me from a chilled vibe, looks to be a great one to demo for family, not looking forward to getting terrified playing Resi8, playing 7 on PSVR even with its terrible graphics the sense of dread and fear was palpable can only imagine what it's gonna be like with those realistic graphics

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Great to see everyone is as hyped as I am :)
What will be the first thing you're going to boot?

If there's a demo disc included like the first PSVR I'm gonna play that first, if not, it's RE8 for me.

My first has to be Horizon since I got that bundle. But here are my top 5 in order (so far).

1. Horizon
2. Kayak VR (I need something slower pace after Horizon)
3. GT7
4. RE8
5. Thumper

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Is there any word on the Tetris update? Is it just a minor update or an overhaul of the visuals?

And c'mon Sony... Tell us your working on Wipeout Remastered with MP

Kirkio

I have resident evil and no man's sky ready for launch day, was going to wait for reviews and pick up another couple on release day, swaying towards Kayak and Horizon.

Honestly looking forward to trying flat games in cinematic mode aswell, got a sneaky feeling it's gonna be a killer feature

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Anyone new to VR should pick up at least one smaller, arcade style game that can be played for short periods of time easily. Just a suggestion.

Hunnybun

I just pre-ordered yesterday - I assume I'll still get one at launch? Or is the supply expected to be limited? It says my expected delivery date is the 22nd to 28th, just like everyone else's.

I didn't exactly set out with this as a plan, just general timing, but once the dates started lining up I had to capitalize on it:

Starting the 22nd, I have 16 days off from work. Lol
200.gif

Ar¢tos

whats the reason retailers don't have this up yet has sony not made enough or is it that they don't want anyone discounting it at launch ? will look to pick this up once retailers start offering it hopefully in the summer.
Retailers, at least here, seem to be "annoyed" at Sony/MS after a long period of shortage of consoles. They seem to prefer to sell stuff online from a central warehouse instead of taking shelf space in stores with a big item that brings a tiny profit margin. I wouldn't be surprised if its the same with psvr2 since the box is quite big.
Right now there countries where you can only buy from ps direct, others were you do retailer pre-order and others were there is no preorder, but will be sold in stores, it's a bit bizarre.

Beechos

So much stuff dropping this month im not sure if im ready for psvr 2 lol. Knee deep in dead space, hogwarts and yakuza, atomic heart about to drop.

saintjules

I just pre-ordered yesterday - I assume I'll still get one at launch? Or is the supply expected to be limited? It says my expected delivery date is the 22nd to 28th, just like everyone else's.

I think you'll be OK at launch. Given pre-orders haven't sold out, I don't think they will be shipping them out in waves or anything.

Crayon

So this will be my first real dive into VR.

My VR legs are that of a small crippled baby to say the least.

What are some good beginner VR games for me to ease myself into?

Ah. Sounds funny but you might want to try opening youtube with the headset on. It should give you vr videos. You can just sit an look around for a minute. Make sure everything's working, lenses are adjusted right.

The key to getting the legs is to spend time in there without being sick. You can get some nausia but don't spend time like that. Just stop right away. You can cheat and use some seasick medicine like dramamine and you'll get to play all you want and you'll get used to it really fast. Or you can start with something super gentle like a vr video. You don't really need to push the envelope or anything. Just get some time in that you know you will be comfortable. You need to get used to being cut off and feeding your brain a fake world. Fake enough that it takes some getting used to. Then go on to job simulator or beat saber or something with no movement. Then THUMPEEERRRRRRRR.

Finally got the email.

Gonna take the day off on the 22nd, already got GT7, NMS and REVIII installed.
Buying Horizon today and then all I have to do is wait for both the PSVR2 to arrive and for Pavlov to appear in the Store.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So this will be my first real dive into VR.

My VR legs are that of a small crippled baby to say the least.

What are some good beginner VR games for me to ease myself into?
The secret to vr legs is not pushing too hard into it. If you start feeling off, just stop. Don’t make yourself ill, just take a break. Pretty soon that feeling will take longer to set in, and eventually it won’t come on at all. Using a fan really helps in early days.
Ah. Sounds funny but you might want to try opening youtube with the headset on. It should give you vr videos. You can just sit an look around for a minute. Make sure everything's working, lenses are adjusted right.

The key to getting the legs is to spend time in there without being sick. You can get some nausia but don't spend time like that. Just stop right away. You can cheat and use some seasick medicine like dramamine and you'll get to play all you want and you'll get used to it really fast. Or you can start with something super gentle like a vr video. You don't really need to push the envelope or anything. Just get some time in that you know you will be comfortable. You need to get used to being cut off and feeding your brain a fake world. Fake enough that it takes some getting used to. Then go on to job simulator or beat saber or something with no movement. Then THUMPEEERRRRRRRR.
This is good advice. Don't push through discomfort -- it doesn't help. Just stop. Come back later and play a little more, stop if you feel discomfort. If you make yourself sick, you won't be able to return again so easily. But mild discomfort fade quickly. And your sessions will get longer and longer.

acidagfc

Was there any Fatal Frame game on PSVR1?

I'd love a Japanese-style horror game, I find American gore-based horror quite boring.
RE is not that either, something like Ghostwire Tokyo would be really cool.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was there any Fatal Frame game on PSVR1?

I'd love a Japanese-style horror game, I find American gore-based horror quite boring.
RE is not that either, something like Ghostwire Tokyo would be really cool.
No, but Indies did make some creepy ones.

This one I believe is coming at launch, where if you blink it changes things in the environment and enemies.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The Reddit user can't do much as the games are digital and aren't playable until the 21st.

He has used Cinema mode, shown pictures of the VR settings menu, and that's about it.

acidagfc

No, but Indies did make some creepy ones.

This one I believe is coming at launch, where if you blink it changes things in the environment and enemies.

That's what I mean by American gore horror. The blinking mechanic is very cool, the style is bleh (for me personally).
I want more suspense and less gore.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's what I mean by American gore horror. The blinking mechanic is very cool, the style is bleh (for me personally).
I want more suspense and less gore.
Here is a few coming from the PC side.

This one is getting a VR update as well.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Loved until dawn rush of blood vr, i must have played this every night for a month after i got it with the origional psvr, seing this video makes me want to go and buy a psvr2, but gonna have to wait as loads to pay for at min , but cant wait to see some reviews from people on here to how the psvr2 is

acidagfc

Here is a few coming from the PC side.

This one is getting a VR update as well.
Oooh, Madison looks just right! PT with a polaroid? Yes, please!

Top Bottom