• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'd love to play that opening section in Killzome Shadowfall, just hanging out of the copter sweeping through a futuristic city, hell most of the levels of Shadowfall where incredible looking, to play them in VR... C'mon Guerrilla Games, give it to the B team to convert

SilentUser

Good show, guys! Hoping for the best, but maintaining my expectations in check. Too bad I won't be able to watch it live, will see it later today. Bring it on, Sony!

ABnormal

By the way, my streaming was not very good, and I'm not sure. Was Arizona Sunshine actual gameplay? It looked far too great to be real...

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
By the way, my streaming was not very good, and I'm not sure. Was Arizona Sunshine actual gameplay? It looked far too great to be real...
It wasn't gameplay :-(

RE4 looks amazing and I've never played it before so will be going in blind like I did with RE7 & 8, definite day1 purchase but was really hoping for more, Wipeout remaster, Astrobot sequel anything tbh

ABnormal

RE4 looks amazing and I've never played it before so will be going in blind like I did with RE7 & 8, definite day1 purchase but was really hoping for more, Wipeout remaster, Astrobot sequel anything tbh
Are you sure? Too bad:messenger_downcast_sweat:

Do you know if it's playable in coop?

SilentUser

I must say I wasn't expecting too much, but man... this show was terrible, flat or VR. What are Sony studios doing? Why not simply port PSVR1 titles at least and announce them?

SilentUser

Even Spider man 2 that was supposed to be jaw dropping was visually meh. One of the worst shows I ever seen from Sony..
Absolutely agreed. I'm baffled by how bad this show was, basically all 3rd party and tons of CGI trailers. Of course there were so cool stuff, but nothing mindblowing.
Not even a teaser for Astro or a simple port of Rescue Mission, Wipeout and many other cool games Sony could just port to PSVR2 😐

Absolutely agreed. I'm baffled by how bad this show was, basically all 3rd party and tons of CGI trailers. Of course there were so cool stuff, but nothing mindblowing.
Not even a teaser for Astro or a simple port of Rescue Mission, Wipeout and many other cool games Sony could just port to PSVR2 😐
So disappointing man. The least they could have shown was Astro 2, the least...

Last edited:

Markio128

Beat Saber is really difficult! I think it’s because my muscle memory is set to Synth Riders, so I’m struggling here. I need to retrain my brain haha. It’s fun when it flows and you get into a groove. I also like that there’s a campaign included too.

No doubt this will be my new obsession for the next few weeks.

If you have the game (or even if you don’t, but have PSVR2), invite me as a friend and we can try and beat each others high scores.

MarkyUK

I need some more PSVR2 friends.

Season 12 Please GIF by PBS

SilentUser

Beat Saber is really difficult! I think it’s because my muscle memory is set to Synth Riders, so I’m struggling here. I need to retrain my brain haha. It’s fun when it flows and you get into a groove. I also like that there’s a campaign included too.

If you have the game (or even if you don’t, but have PSVR2), invite me as a friend and we can try and beat each others high scores.

MarkyUK

Done! If any of you smart PSVR2 owners wants to add me, send me a message here on NeoGAF 😁

Kilau

Gold Member
I received my PSVR2 lenses from VROptician and I'm extremely satisfied!
While wearing glasses did not really bother me it's definitely less cumbersome.
The lenses are super easy to clip on and they come in a neat case with a cleaning cloth.

Thank you to MR ARCADE FOREVER who gave me the idea when he got his 🙂

p5mD7LQ.jpg

RTQH3W7.png
Recommend them? I can’t wear my contacts for long in VR and worried my glasses will scratch the lenses.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Recommend them? I can’t wear my contacts for long in VR and worried my glasses will scratch the lenses.
Yes go for it you won't regret it!
Like I said, super easy to install and if you add 29$ for express shipping you'll get them in 3 or 4 days.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin

MarkyUK

All of my PSVR2 buddies in here can add me if they want!

PSN ID: Khaliss

FYI I haven't had Online play on both Xbox and Playstation the last 6 years because I'm a Single Player Whore social savage :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I just purchased Beat Saber and I'll be happy to make you all fell better about yourselves when comparing your scores to mine :messenger_grinning:

SilentUser

Strange that Firewall Ultra wasn't at the showcase. Isn't it supposed to be out this year?
I think they chose to show Crossfire Sierra Squad only because it is coming out sooner (summer of 2023), so they will show Firewall Ultra later, since it might come before Christmas. Or, perhaps, Firewall will be delayed to next year.

sncvsrtoip

Finished Red Matter 2 (even platinumed lol, very easy plat). Realy enjoyed, amazing vr graphics for an indie studio (to be fair even for aaa studio as its maybe not most complex/detailed game but sharpest psvr2 title also materials reflectiveness done very nicely). Liked mistery atmosphere with spooky music, thx to narration another room with puzzles wasnt usually that laborious like in many other puzzle games (even imo in portal 1/2). Things I think could be done better is interface. I constantly had to change mode to scanning then grap mode and very often flash mode activated even I didnt want it. Other bigger problem was variety of gameplay. Started to get repetitive after few hours. Its also not longest game (tough I had to spent some time on one of the last puzzle and has 9h so not that bad but for sure some will complete it around 6h). For me its 3rd best currently available psvr2 game after GT7 and Village. 8.5/10

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Finished Red Matter 2 (even platinumed lol, very easy plat). Realy enjoyed, amazing vr graphics for an indie studio (to be fair even for aaa studio as its maybe not most complex/detailed game but sharpest psvr2 title also materials reflectiveness done very nicely). Liked mistery atmosphere with spooky music, thx to narration another room with puzzles wasnt usually that laborious like in many other puzzle games (even imo in portal 1/2). Things I think could be done better is interface. I constantly had to change mode to scanning then grap mode and very often flash mode activated even I didnt want it. Other bigger problem was variety of gameplay. Started to get repetitive after few hours. Its also not longest game (tough I had to spent some time on one of the last puzzle and has 9h so not that bad but for sure some will complete it around 6h). For me its 3rd best currently available psvr2 game after GT7 and Village. 8.5/10

I like your rankings, now do the expanded list with Horizon, Saints & Sinners, Walkabout Mini Golf, Moss 1 + 2, and Star Wars. Plus anything else you want to throw in. For extra fun, your expected placement of RE4 VR. Curious if you've played all the big games mentioned or not in your sorting and none of them made the cut above RM2.

Last edited:
They can't just port it, it had levels that required the ds4 light and you can't emulate that with the VR sense.
It would require some edits and adaptations to the new controllers.
I rather wait and get a Rescue Mission remaster and a Rescue Mission 2.

That’s what I meant by port it, remaster it. Shouldn’t take that long honestly

sncvsrtoip

I like your rankings, now do the expanded list with Horizon, Saints & Sinners, Walkabout Mini Golf, Moss 1 + 2, and Star Wars. Plus anything else you want to throw in. For extra fun, your expected placement of RE4 VR. Curious if you've played all the big games mentioned or not in your sorting and none of them made the cut above RM2.
Re4 has potential to be p2 (Im gran turismo fan so hard to dethrone this title for me :d) Moss 1 is 8/10 for me, horizon 7.5, star wars waiting for discount, s&s for some reason didnt hook me enough to want to play it more, not interested in mini golf but read so many good reviews that maybe will try it later ;)

Last edited:

SilentUser

Future Games Show plans summer spotlight for VR games

The organizers announced a “mix of world premieres and new videos for PSVR 2, Meta Quest 2 and more”.

Hopefully something cools comes out of this and from Summer Game Fest.

Lunarorbit

How was playing re7&8 blind in vr for the first time? I played both last year and liked both of them alot.

That baby scene in re8 must have been insane!

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
How was playing re7&8 blind in vr for the first time? I played both last year and liked both of them alot.

That baby scene in re8 must have been insane!
Was not expecting that lol all i knew about RE8 before playing was there was some massive big tittie vampire chick and she is indeed fucking huge in VR, her and her daughters looked incredible in VR, really lifelike, the best was the old witch at the start, she looked insanely realistic and her eyes followed you as you looked around her, unfortunately the other girls you dont get a chance to ahem study them in detail as you are either shit scared or running lol as for the Baby level, it was the noises in that level, everything is dark and i can hear what sounds like a baby and im already on edge when it appeared i near had a heart attack, that level was stressful as all hell

Minsc

Gold Member
I just finished RE8 last night, what a fun game. After the baby stuff mentioned above the game really turns much more action. I probably fired more shots in the 4th of the 4 acts and finale than the other 3 acts combined. The factory from the 4th lord is definitely my favorite location, it's more impressive in different ways than any earlier ones. I also enjoyed the twists at the end, they put the story front and center and go on quite a bit explaining everything to wrap it all up. Shame most of it is watching the videos flat, more so than anywhere else in the game, but I sat down for that and it was still nice to see the story behind everything. You get a nice surprise leading up to the end to when you re-visit the village, kinda like a pre-revenge run, a sample of what it's like to feel like a god for a bit.

What a wild ride, I'm definitely going to run through it again with the extra weapons. But really looking forward to RE4! Just wish we had more AAA turned VR games like that.

Last edited:

Data Ghost

I finally caved to boredom last night and picked up a PSVR2, here are my initial impressions after only an hour or so of use. For reference I normally game on a 65" LG OLED and I previously owned the PSVR, Quest, Quest 2.

Build Quality and Setup
The PSVR itself is great quality and feels very much the first PSVR, all of the materials feel great and the controllers again are really nice. Coming recently from the Quest 2 I found PSVR2 to feel a bit heavy on my head. To keep the headset in that sweet spot for clarity I had to have the band nice and snug so that it didn't move, which did put a bit of pressure on my head after a while. Setup was nice and straightforward however the first attempt failed as the controllers had very little charge out of the box and couldn't get through the setup process, so I abandoned and charged them for a bit. Weirdly you only get one charging cable so I had to plug my second controller into my Series X with another USB-C cable I had. Some sort of split charging cable would have been nice but then you wouldn't have bought the official charging base right? ;)

Image Quality
Once the headset was on and I was at the PS5 dashboard I must admit my first impressions of the image quality weren't great. The first thing I noticed was that the clarity wasn't great, or rather, less clear than I was expecting for these high resolution panels. I guess you could call it screen door effect or speckly? Not bad as such but worse than I was expecting. Also the sweet spot for image sharpness seems to be very small and the slightest headset movements resulted in blurry text. I don't remember the Quest 2 being affected as much in this aspect. I do however appreciate the controls for adjusting according to your eyes, that seemed really good and I will see if I can fine tune them further.

Audio
I love the included earphones design, very nice and neat. Sound quality however didn't impress me and it sounded a bit, flat? Saying that I am used to gaming on a Dolby Atmos system but the 3D audio didn't do a lot for me. Will have to investigate further. Also the rubber tipped earphones never fit my right ear and always just fall out! Not the PSVR's fault I am deformed I guess!

Games
The first game I played was GT7 and yep, it was as awesome as people were saying. Being IN the cockpit in such a convincing way transforms the game and I was able to judge my corners/speed far better. It felt crazy to glance at the the wing mirrors and rear view mirror quickly just like in a real car. Also glancing to your side as you pass cars. Genuinely great and a perfect example of VR done very right. Next I fired up Tetris Effect Connected and couldn't work out how to play in VR, then I realised I had the PS4 version, doh! That was basically it for the evening and today I will try RE8 and more GT7. At this point I'd also like to say that I wish Xbox did VR just so that I could play FH5 in the same way as GT7, it would be incredible.

Verdict
I initially held off buying PSVR2 because I feel I am over VR in general in its current form. I have no intention of supporting Meta any further with the Quest 3 and I feel that I have experienced all that VR currently has to offer. The PSVR2 is a nice piece of kit but unfortunately I don't think it's going to change my mind. I don't miss coming away from a gaming session with flat hair, feeling sweaty and queasy. I also think it's overpriced but so applaud Sony for continuing to bring VR to the masses (well the ones who can afford to sped so much on an accessory). For me though I'll spend a bit of time with the experiences it has to offer and then send it back within the returns window...or will it change my mind in the next few days.

Vlodril

I finally caved to boredom last night and picked up a PSVR2, here are my initial impressions after only an hour or so of use. For reference I normally game on a 65" LG OLED and I previously owned the PSVR, Quest, Quest 2.

Build Quality and Setup
The PSVR itself is great quality and feels very much the first PSVR, all of the materials feel great and the controllers again are really nice. Coming recently from the Quest 2 I found PSVR2 to feel a bit heavy on my head. To keep the headset in that sweet spot for clarity I had to have the band nice and snug so that it didn't move, which did put a bit of pressure on my head after a while. Setup was nice and straightforward however the first attempt failed as the controllers had very little charge out of the box and couldn't get through the setup process, so I abandoned and charged them for a bit. Weirdly you only get one charging cable so I had to plug my second controller into my Series X with another USB-C cable I had. Some sort of split charging cable would have been nice but then you wouldn't have bought the official charging base right? ;)

Image Quality
Once the headset was on and I was at the PS5 dashboard I must admit my first impressions of the image quality weren't great. The first thing I noticed was that the clarity wasn't great, or rather, less clear than I was expecting for these high resolution panels. I guess you could call it screen door effect or speckly? Not bad as such but worse than I was expecting. Also the sweet spot for image sharpness seems to be very small and the slightest headset movements resulted in blurry text. I don't remember the Quest 2 being affected as much in this aspect. I do however appreciate the controls for adjusting according to your eyes, that seemed really good and I will see if I can fine tune them further.

Audio
I love the included earphones design, very nice and neat. Sound quality however didn't impress me and it sounded a bit, flat? Saying that I am used to gaming on a Dolby Atmos system but the 3D audio didn't do a lot for me. Will have to investigate further. Also the rubber tipped earphones never fit my right ear and always just fall out! Not the PSVR's fault I am deformed I guess!

Games
The first game I played was GT7 and yep, it was as awesome as people were saying. Being IN the cockpit in such a convincing way transforms the game and I was able to judge my corners/speed far better. It felt crazy to glance at the the wing mirrors and rear view mirror quickly just like in a real car. Also glancing to your side as you pass cars. Genuinely great and a perfect example of VR done very right. Next I fired up Tetris Effect Connected and couldn't work out how to play in VR, then I realised I had the PS4 version, doh! That was basically it for the evening and today I will try RE8 and more GT7. At this point I'd also like to say that I wish Xbox did VR just so that I could play FH5 in the same way as GT7, it would be incredible.

Verdict
I initially held off buying PSVR2 because I feel I am over VR in general in its current form. I have no intention of supporting Meta any further with the Quest 3 and I feel that I have experienced all that VR currently has to offer. The PSVR2 is a nice piece of kit but unfortunately I don't think it's going to change my mind. I don't miss coming away from a gaming session with flat hair, feeling sweaty and queasy. I also think it's overpriced but so applaud Sony for continuing to bring VR to the masses (well the ones who can afford to sped so much on an accessory). For me though I'll spend a bit of time with the experiences it has to offer and then send it back within the returns window...or will it change my mind in the next few days.

Try Red Matter 2 if you haven't played that on quest 2. Might as well see the high point of the set (Visually at least).

Minsc

Gold Member

Build Quality and Setup

Image Quality

Audio

Games

Verdict

If you want RE8 to impress you, you need to play through it slower IMO, enjoy the environments and explore around thoroughly. It can leave a bit of a mixed impression initially especially with the combat being thrown at you and fumbling around with your guns etc, but the gameplay is great once you've put in a bunch of hours and the locations all look amazing and are fun to see.

Definitely check out Tetris Effect it's fun in VR, and Red Matter 2 looks incredibly sharp - still some mura and gameplay its more of a puzzle game, but definitely the most important title to check out for visuals, with RE8 being a close second, but RE8 takes a much larger investment to pay off - but it's more immersive for me because of the horror / enemy aspects where you feel in danger. I think if you got in to RE8 you'd probably be very interested in the upcoming RE4 VR, but that's probably a half year off I'd imagine. Could always pick it back up again then.

People also have great stuff to say about Pistol Whip, haven't tried it myself yet though.

Ar¢tos

Got an email from Sony announcing PS Direct launch in Portugal, but psvr2 is marked as limited stock and limit of 1 per costumer.
New (possible cheaper) hardware revision incoming?

Top Bottom