• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

midnightAI

Wait wait wait, do they not realise you can move the headset back and forth the same as PSVR1? again someone is having this issue? isn't it kind of obvious seeing as how its the same as PSVR1? (also RTFM)

(they say they replaced the button with the PSVR 1 with a wheel (the IPD wheel) and they also complain about it hurting their nose, meaning they haven't moved the headset out slightly, if you have it on correctly it does not rest on your nose)

(they also waffle on about lack of titles and say that PSVR 1 launch was stronger and had a better variety of games, which is just plain wrong, but Angry Joe gotta Angry Joe I guess)

Last edited:

Resenge

Man, I'm so disappointed by the reviews and impressions of Switchback. I was confident it was going to be like Rush of Blood, only better. Its such a simple but fun premise, right? 🤔

Skipping 😔

I played the first couple of levels earlier and my early impressions are disappointing. Mini boss fights (if you can even call then that) are just spam as much as you can in the window where the boss is vulnerable.

The gunplay is weird. The pistols have a strange auto aim which sometimes hits and sometimes misses, it does not feel great. It's a case of point in the general direction and let the game decide if you hit or miss.

It reminds me of an improved old gear VR game, there is some fun to be had I guess, but it's a big step backwards for VR gameplay imo.

Last edited:

scydrex

Wait wait wait, do they not realise you can move the headset back and forth the same as PSVR1? again someone is having this issue? isn't it kind of obvious seeing as how its the same as PSVR1? (also RTFM)

(they say they replaced the button with the PSVR 1 with a wheel (the IPD wheel) and they also complain about it hurting their nose, meaning they haven't moved the headset out slightly, if you have it on correctly it does not rest on your nose)

(they also waffle on about lack of titles and say that PSVR 1 launch was stronger and had a better variety of games, which is just plain wrong, but Angry Joe gotta Angry Joe I guess)
Yeah i agree with you with the launch games. The psvr2 launch games are much better than psvr1. They have somewhat a point if someone have a PC with a VR headset. Some of the games on psvr2 were already on PC. I could understand someone who have a PC and a VR headset dosen't have a lot of reasons to get a psvr2. In my case i don't have a PC neither a vr headset. Next week will have my psvr2 and only with GT7 i have wrought reason to get one. So i don't agree with Angry Joe there.

PanzerCute

I pre-ordered the game because of the great previews... guess I should have waited. Oh well, some light gun action is still nice I guess.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Has there been a price drop on the official VR sense charging station?
It has been sold out and I had it on watch list on a retailer webstore and I got an email saying it was back in stock today but listed at 39,99€.
I ordered it straight away.

Resenge

Has there been a price drop on the official VR sense charging station?
It has been sold out and I had it on watch list on a retailer webstore and I got an email saying it was back in stock today but listed at 39,99€.
I ordered it straight away.
I paid £39.99 at launch direct from Sony, did the price rise or something?

midnightAI

Yeah i agree with you with the launch games. The psvr2 launch games are much better than psvr1. They have somewhat a point if someone have a PC with a VR headset. Some of the games on psvr2 were already on PC. I could understand someone who have a PC and a VR headset dosen't have a lot of reasons to get a psvr2. In my case i don't have a PC neither a vr headset. Next week will have my psvr2 and only with GT7 i have wrought reason to get one. So i don't agree with Angry Joe there.
Yep, thats an issue with them really, they are rather short-sighted in that they seem to think the majority is like them. They say there is only really 3 games worth playing as all the others are cross platform, but the reality is the majority of PSVR 2 buyers wont have PC VR or Quest, most will be made up of PSVR 1 users upgrading and PlayStation 5 owners new to VR and so won't have played many of the cross platform games they are talking about.

scydrex

Yep, thats an issue with them really, they are rather short-sighted in that they seem to think the majority is like them. They say there is only really 3 games worth playing as all the others are cross platform, but the reality is the majority of PSVR 2 buyers wont have PC VR or Quest, most will be made up of PSVR 1 users upgrading and PlayStation 5 owners new to VR and so won't have played many of the cross platform games they are talking about.
Yeah... like me. Also those who had a ps4 with psvr2 have enough reason to get the psvr2. There is no BC and devs have to patch the psvr1 games to psvr2. I hope all the games from psvr1 will be patched. Didn't get a psrv1 because it didn't motivate me. Now as soon they as gt7 was announced as full game i said i will get one by the end of the year. Now when released and reading in this thread i said hell no will get one asap. Was going to order it from Sony but have to pay shipping from the US to my country but decided to buy it locally so have to be patient and wait till next week. Like i said only with gt7 i will enjoy the psvr2. Already bought Light bridage, Saints and sinners upgrade, Rez, Thumper, Kayak, Pistol Whip, have gt7 and re8, think maybe next month or by the end of the month Moss 1 and 2 never played it. Also Saints and Sinners chapter 2. Idk why Astrobot still dosen't have a patch would buy it asap.

Sony should make the VR games section of the store an actual VR experience. Let you see the trailers in actual VR, and actually navigate a 3d store. I'd absolutely love it if they made a store into a like 90's retro store VR experience. Imagine picking games up off the shelf and looking at the boxes, reading the back, etc.

PanzerCute

Sony should make the VR games section of the store an actual VR experience. Let you see the trailers in actual VR, and actually navigate a 3d store. I'd absolutely love it if they made a store into a like 90's retro store VR experience. Imagine picking games up off the shelf and looking at the boxes, reading the back, etc.
+1

And a 3d version of the dashboard would be nice too.

midnightAI

Yeah... like me. Also those who had a ps4 with psvr2 have enough reason to get the psvr2. There is no BC and devs have to patch the psvr1 games to psvr2. I hope all the games from psvr1 will be patched. Didn't get a psrv1 because it didn't motivate me. Now as soon they as gt7 was announced as full game i said i will get one by the end of the year. Now when released and reading in this thread i said hell no will get one asap. Was going to order it from Sony but have to pay shipping from the US to my country but decided to buy it locally so have to be patient and wait till next week. Like i said only with gt7 i will enjoy the psvr2. Already bought Light bridage, Saints and sinners upgrade, Rez, Thumper, Kayak, Pistol Whip, have gt7 and re8, think maybe next month or by the end of the month Moss 1 and 2 never played it. Also Saints and Sinners chapter 2. Idk why Astrobot still dosen't have a patch would buy it asap.
I think most games dont really need upgrading to be honest but that's my personal opinion, however, I think Sony should upgrade all their first party games such as Blood and Truth and Atrobot as you have mentioned (and upgrade both while you are at it). I'd also like Farpoint ported as that game was really good but let down by the terrible Move controllers, my only worry though is that if it now used the far superior PSVR 2 controllers would the game then be way too easy.

So really the only games I (personally) need ported that are left are:
Blood and Truth
Astrobot
Farpoint
Until Dawn Rush of Blood (I can live without that Switchback is essentially the same game)
Resident Evil 7 would be nice (especially if they bring over some of the RE8 improvements, but those are not essential)

All other games I don't need/can do without or have been ported already (I still even played Thumper recently on PSVR 1)) so I don't really have that many complaints about the back compatibility 'issue' but thats a personal thing, some will miss more games than others.

midnightAI

Just re-imagine PlayStation Home in VR

(I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually happening)

Imtjnotu

What's ttt?

I'll buy it.

Fuck it, I'm on a spending spree with this stuff lol.

I'm buying everything lol. I think I spent like 300 on games already just for VR.
guessing Trouble in Terrorist Town like Gmod has.

in gmod alone i spent over 300 hours playing TTT

Last edited:

engstra

What are your thoughts on PSVR Without Parole? I do like that they review virtually every new VR game as none of the big outlets do so it's great to see what the game plays like. However always seems like they're very forgiving on games and just happy that there is something new on the platform to play.

R6Rider

Gold Member
What's ttt?

I'll buy it.

Fuck it, I'm on a spending spree with this stuff lol.

I'm buying everything lol. I think I spent like 300 on games already just for VR.
It's a mode in which there are Traitors, Innocents, and Detectives.

It's a social mode in which hilarious shit happens all the time. I've only just started playing it, but it's amazing.

scydrex

I think most games dont really need upgrading to be honest but that's my personal opinion, however, I think Sony should upgrade all their first party games such as Blood and Truth and Atrobot as you have mentioned (and upgrade both while you are at it). I'd also like Farpoint ported as that game was really good but let down by the terrible Move controllers, my only worry though is that if it now used the far superior PSVR 2 controllers would the game then be way too easy.

So really the only games I (personally) need ported that are left are:
Blood and Truth
Astrobot
Farpoint
Until Dawn Rush of Blood (I can live without that Switchback is essentially the same game)
Resident Evil 7 would be nice (especially if they bring over some of the RE8 improvements, but those are not essential)

All other games I don't need/can do without or have been ported already (I still even played Thumper recently on PSVR 1)) so I don't really have that many complaints about the back compatibility 'issue' but thats a personal thing, some will miss more games than others.
Well i would like the must play games of psvr1. Those you mention have to come to psvr2. The other ones are additional. I would be happy with that list. Would love to play Astrobot.

consoul

Yeah, so Switchback VR might as well have been called Throwback VR.

This is a PSVR1 game in so many ways. The models, textures, draw distance, LOD pop-in, lighting, resolution and animation are all way off the mark for 2023. As others have said, it gives the impression of having been developed for PSVR1 with a late change of target to PSVR2. A patch to improve the resolution and reduce aliasing would be welcome, but sadly the game's problems run much deeper than that.

Enemy waves are dull and the attempts to build tension and be scary fall flat. They're sometimes unintentionally comedic. It's unmistakably the follow up to Rush of Blood, but the rush here was to get an unpolished product out the door. This is an inferior sequel.

With that said, I'm not hating it. It's keeping me playing, and it works well-enough as a spooky-themed shooting gallery. The branching paths and secrets give it some replayability. It just could have been so much more.

It's disappointing because Supermassive can do a lot better than this when they try. They just didn't try very hard here.

Minsc

Gold Member
na, PS Home holds no interest for me, at all. Not that I'd mind it, but i'd rather a major effort like that be spent on an actual game.
It's annoying that the elements you interact with are mainly arranged in the top and bottom of the screen when VR is meant to be looking in the center, they could start there.

What are your thoughts on PSVR Without Parole? I do like that they review virtually every new VR game as none of the big outlets do so it's great to see what the game plays like. However always seems like they're very forgiving on games and just happy that there is something new on the platform to play.
They need to grade vr games versus other vr games, I don't think he's easy on them at all.

Romulus

Whew man. GT7 is something.

Just had a photo finish loss against the AI that was fucking intense. VR put me in that moment like nothing else. Imagine trying to argue Forza vs GT now. I think forza and GT traded wins for years back and forth but VR is just a next level slam dunk. You can take an average racing game and in VR it feels incredible. GT7 isn't average.

This is a killer app.

Funny that during the recent Switchback vr previews and the showcase at Super massive studios no youtuber made a single mention about the blurriness of the graphics and they were all acting as if they were playing the scariest game ever...

Turns out the game is quite blurry and not that scarry at all... :messenger_smirking::messenger_smirking::messenger_smirking::messenger_smirking::messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Just had a photo finish loss against the AI that was fucking intense. VR put me in that moment like nothing else. Imagine trying to argue Forza vs GT now. I think forza and GT traded wins for years back and forth but VR is just a next level slam dunk. You can take an average racing game and in VR it feels incredible. GT7 isn't average.

This is a killer app.
I mean, game to game, Forza Motorsport has been way better for a long time. But GT7 in VR is obviously a much more fun experience. Give me Motorsport 8 with a really good PCVR headset, and i'd probably rarely touch GT7. Everything is relative when you're talking Sim Racing games.

PanzerCute

I'm trying to get a refund on Switchback. Didn't launch the game yet but it was automatically downloaded, so I'm not really hopeful but will try to insist on the automatic download. I have too much to play already, and I can wait them to patch it (hopefully)

Never tried a refund before, will let you know what happened (I'm talking to a customer service guy right now on their website chat)

EDIT : I got a refund! No question asked! I think the fact that it was automatically downloaded really helped. And maybe cause the guy checked my PSN past and litteraly told me "waw thanks for being level 4 at PS Stars and being so passionate with Playstation" lol Maybe the fact that I spent absurd amount of money on PSN helped.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Anyone play Zombieland on PSV2? I need a House of the Dead type shooter, now that Switchback has shit the bed.

Trailer looks good.

I do, it's mindless fun. It's not quite like HOTD though as its not on rails and as far as I have played there are no bosses. But its really really fun when youre in the mood for it.

Reallink

This is a PSVR1 game in so many ways. The models, textures, draw distance, LOD pop-in, lighting, resolution and animation are all way off the mark for 2023. As others have said, it gives the impression of having been developed for PSVR1 with a late change of target to PSVR2. A patch to improve the resolution and reduce aliasing would be welcome, but sadly the game's problems run much deeper than that.

Enemy waves are dull and the attempts to build tension and be scary fall flat. They're sometimes unintentionally comedic. It's unmistakably the follow up to Rush of Blood, but the rush here was to get an unpolished product out the door. This is an inferior sequel.

With that said, I'm not hating it. It's keeping me playing, and it works well-enough as a spooky-themed shooting gallery. The branching paths and secrets give it some replayability. It just could have been so much more.

It's disappointing because Supermassive can do a lot better than this when they try. They just didn't try very hard here.

No, it was developed for the inevitable Quest ports, not PSVR1. This has been clear since the very first trailer showcased obvious PS360 assets. Quest 3 will be a nearly 1:1 port, I'm not sure they'll pare it down further to Quest 2, but maybe.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Seems it could have done with another 6 months in the oven.

Minsc

Gold Member
I do, it's mindless fun. It's not quite like HOTD though as its not on rails and as far as I have played there are no bosses. But its really really fun when youre in the mood for it.
I think I heard it's got a lot of timed sections? Or something that forces you along? Is there anything to keep you going back, like upgrading weapons or unlocking levels?

Romulus

I mean, game to game, Forza Motorsport has been way better for a long time. But GT7 in VR is obviously a much more fun experience. Give me Motorsport 8 with a really good PCVR headset, and i'd probably rarely touch GT7. Everything is relative when you're talking Sim Racing games.

I haven't been able to play more than a few hours of the last few Forza games so there's that. I loved the original and 4 but the others just feel like there's no soul to them. FM7 I probably played less than 2 hours and was bored of the car collector simulator. The driving looked good but that's it.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Anyone play Zombieland on PSV2? I need a House of the Dead type shooter, now that Switchback has shit the bed.

Trailer looks good.

Yeah, I like it. I posted this elsewhere when I bought it a couple of weeks ago, so I'll just copy-paste it here;

It's a lot of fun if you don't expect it to be anything other than what it is - a modern take on those classic arcade light gun games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead. Yeah, you're stationary, only teleporting from spot to spot to take out groups of baddies...but personally, I'm new to VR and still trying to get my legs, so that's actually a plus to me. It's all about the shooting.

It's very much one of those addictive "just one more try" games (which almost always turns into more than that). There's progression too with unlockable weapons, skins and perks as you clear levels and complete tasks, it's not strictly just score/time chasing which is something I like about it.

Graphics aren't mind-blowing, but the cell shading is still pretty nice. Gunplay is really satisfying to where even the target range is a good time - you can earn currency and work your way up leaderboards there as well. I ended up shelving Pistol Whip (blasphemy, I know) in favor of this, since I just wanted something focused purely on shooting. It most definitely scratches that itch - I would recommend it.

Resenge

You guys think it's safe to let my brother try this with his glasses on?

I wanna show him the gt7 demo
Possible but ypou have to not push the headset fully into his face.

My bro scratched my PSVR1 with glasses, but I think if your carefull you should be ok. Theres planety of space. Maybe try without glasses first?

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I think I heard it's got a lot of timed sections? Or something that forces you along? Is there anything to keep you going back, like upgrading weapons or unlocking levels?
You do unlock upgrades and guns, there's no time limit but you do get better scores depending on how long you take to clear the levels and theres a ranking.

Crayon

This is a killer app.

Let me tell you a stock f40 with no traction control is no joke. I love that car and I can get in the groove with it, and the other night I was a grooving... Then I did a bit of poor braking and that thing started whipping around really hard. 720.

And just like a fierce spin out in a real car, my head is furiously turning from over one shoulder to over the other practically exorcist style trying to keep looking forward down my vector. When the car finally hit a barrier and rolled to a stop, I was so impressed. Not with myself, obviously...

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned

Reminds me of Blessing not knowing that the headset has a "see the outside world" button on it. Like how did he NOT know this?!

Top Bottom