• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Crayon

I don't get any lines even if I crank it down. But I did find with a little counterweight mod I don't have to tighten it as much. I made it just to experiment, found it helped a bit, then removed it. But last night I was curious so I put it back on, and sure enough it's pretty nice. I'm going to leave it on.

Mikey Jr.

Are you over tightening? My wife over tightens like mad, I worry she will cut off her circulation. Are you pulling the back of the headset low on your head so it cups the lower part of your skull?

Following VR subreddits, I have noticed that some people posting pics do not do enough preperation with putting the headset on and getting it perfect. When I got the PSVR I spent a good amount of time trying differing positions because I have never had a headset that I have been happy with comfort wise. My Quest 2 is modded to hell, all in the name of getting it as comfortable as possible.

I also have a velcro strap that I use to take some weight on the top of my head as that is where I prefer the weight to be.

Something like this
new-facial-interface-headstrap-made-psvr2-so-much-more-v0-hjza1752eska1.jpg

Not sure if im overly happy with it though.
Do you not get red lines when you are done gaming?

Resenge

Do you not get red lines when you are done gaming?
Maybe on the top of my head where the headband is attached as that is where most of the weight is but nothing that worries me. My first headset was a Vive and that sucked for comfort, so heavy and always made my face red so I am sensitive to keeping the weight as much off my face as poss while still touching and sealing the light out.

I only tighten the headest as I feel I need and then press the button on the back to loosen it slightly or click the button on the headset one click forward, especially if I feel it on the bridge of my nose.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

I demo the unit to someone who was wearing glasses and now I have permanent smudges on my lenses that simply won't come off... Anything I can do?

Crayon

Gotta say - If the thing is resting on your nose at all, you need to adjust it. Underneath the nose flaps of the gasket is just the lens units. There is no contouring or ergonomic whatever in there. If that is resting on your nose, you need to wear it a little higher or pull the scope out a click.

You may also be able to spread the ipd a little so your eyes are not dead in the middle. That works for me especially since I can get the scope a click closer once it makes room for my nose.

I demo the unit to someone who was wearing glasses and now I have permanent smudges on my lenses that simply won't come off... Anything I can do?

I do not get how glasses work with any vr. The lenses are already as close as glasses for best experience. Then you are supposed to pull it out, fit glasses, and get it as close as possible without touching? Yeah idk about all that. Anyone trying mine I would just say it doesn't work with glasses.

Someone mentioned some kind of polish that might work but I would say wait till someone else trys it out first.

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member

The Reddit post was removed for some reason.

Nice to see the Devs reaching out to the community for feedback.

I'm one of the few that has been enjoying Switchback. To give some context the PSVR2 is my first vr headset so I never played Rush of Blood before. But as an on rails arcadey shooter I'm liking it so far after playing the first 3 levels. It could definitely use a patch to improve the textures. I find the up-close textures like your gun and hands looks really clear but the environments are a little low rez/blurry. The load times also seem longer than any other psvr2 game I've played so far.

But the game is fun! Going through the levels on a roller-coaster trying to shoot the bonus items and everything going for a high score is enjoyable. I think once the Devs patch it it'll be worth a purchase. I'm definitely enjoying it more than I thought I would after watching some of the YouTube reviews yesterday.

It's also a great game for casuals to experience VR as there's really only the reload button to worry about. Everything else is just point and shoot so super easy to play.

They should have prolly delayed the game to April/May to give the dev team more time to polish it especially with Walking Dead coming out in a few days. But once they patch it I would say it's worth a look as long as your expectations are in check. There's also multiple paths in a level encouraging multiple replays so I'll definitely play through it more than once.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Anybody seen this post on Reddit?

I tried it and there is definitely an improvement to the contrast and the mura is somewhat less noticeable too.

It doesn't "get rid" of the mura, but it definitely did help the HMD look better.

Has anybody here tried these settings yet? Just curious.

ABnormal

Interesting that he says it'll take $2,000 to $2,500 to get a similar experience in this game on PCVR.
Well, he compared it to the result he had with his 3080 TI powered pc with Quest 2 on Ultra, so a pretty beefy PC, but maybe he would have better results with a 4090. Obviously having these results on PSVR2 and comparing it to the results on very good PC configurations is HUGE. I would have never thought that we would have this kind or results, but they seems to be quite common.
We will see the real potential of PSVR 2 only on the games developed or adapted for it, like Horizon, RE8, and this. I really can't wait to see Behemoth in action: I'm sure it will be a game that will make talk of it or more than it have been with Saints and Sinners.

I'll make this short. Seemingly, I can focus on smaller items up close (think puzzle parts in Puzzling Places, its most noticable there) a lot better with just 1 eye open. Is this "Double vision'" effect with both eyes open a byproduct of VR, or my vision? One is eye is ever so slightly worse than the other, but my vision is generally very Sharp. I get a bit of the same effect in GT7 when in the car and look at the dash/Steering wheel and put it down to convergence. I have an eye appointment next week, but I'm generally worrying if my eyesight is failing slightly

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well, he compared it to the result he had with his 3080 TI powered pc with Quest 2 on Ultra, so a pretty beefy PC, but maybe he would have better results with a 4090. Obviously having these results on PSVR2 and comparing it to the results on very good PC configurations is HUGE. I would have never thought that we would have this kind or results, but they seems to be quite common.
We will see the real potential of PSVR 2 only on the games developed or adapted for it, like Horizon, RE8, and this. I really can't wait to see Behemoth in action: I'm sure it will be a game that will make talk of it or more than it have been with Saints and Sinners.

Why are people so hyped for Behemoth? We only got a CGI video so far. What am I missing?

SilentUser

Has anybody here tried these settings yet? Just curious.
I did. Tested all the settings mentioned but ended up only using the High Contrast, which made things prettier, but not game changing. Plus, that's more a matter of taste, I think.
The texts were pretty clear to me already, so bolded was not need at all. Tried, but quickly turned it off.
The deuteronopia almost erased the mura (thats the exarcebated green-ish dots, right?) but that's because it actually reduces all the greens, making everything color-inaccurate. Mura really doesn't bother me at all, I barely notice it while playing most games, so that wasn't a trade off worth it.

ABnormal

Why are people so hyped for Behemoth? We only got a CGI video so far. What am I missing?
Well, they are the same group that developed Saints and Sinners, so it means:

We will have an open world game in a superb setting, with their signature grounded melee physics, to fight with other human foes and maybe inhuman ones, using various melee weapons, armors, the grappling hook to attack and to climb and explore, and in addition, towering behemoths wandering in that world, apparently to be fighted like in Shadow of the colossus, but in VR.
It's simply that the premise is amazing, and the hype is due to the trust towards a developer that know how to do games in VR better than anyone else in those aspects.
In short, we can be sure that it will be greatly executed. Now we just have to see how the world structure is, how the graphics are (but knowing them, and seeing PSVR2 versione of Saints and Sinners, they will surely be at least good, so we can be sure of that as well), how much the gameplay will be on exploration, combat, looting, crafting, etc.
But quality is guaranteed.
I'm far more interested in it than in any other VR game.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The studio blew it out of the park with their second ever VR game coming out of nowhere and being a damn awesome (and still somewhat under the radar) light immersive sim. Not without flaws but a meaty story driven campaign with some choices and some sandbox, progress at your own pace, scavenging and crafting stuff. A great mix of physics systems along with scripted actions (so combat is meaty but things like climbing or vaulting over stuff are more like gestures that work 100% than the mess such stuff are in something fully physics driven like Boneworks and Bonelab), etc. At the time most people would think, if they had even heard of The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, that Survios' TWD: Onslaught would turn out better as they were far more experienced in VR (if a little overrated as their games usually lacked in scope and with Onslaught they failed to deliver something meatier and it was their worst game by far). Also, it was made for PC first and ported down to Quest in a kind of a miracle port but obviously compromised way like Switch ports (with Quest 2 eventually faring better). Even if they have since decided to prioritize mobile VR given better sales I'm sure it will be great on all platforms. It's not like Quest games are all tiny mini games with no ambition and crappy graphics, there are loads of amazing stuff, maybe stylized rather than going for photorealism but when their gameplay and visuals work they're still great enhanced on the better platforms.

Last edited:

scydrex

Thankfully we won't have to deal with dirty buttcheeks reprojection.

Well that's it... another game i will buy. Don't know which version to get the standard ot the payback edition $10 more for 2 weapons and other stuff. Saw his Youtube video and he said is looks and runs awesome on psvr2.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
One cool thing about PSVR2.... I have to go to a 4 day mandatory in service training next week, and stay in an annoying hotel.

I will play through Moss 1 and 2. The benefits of portability.

ABnormal

One cool thing about PSVR2.... I have to go to a 4 day mandatory in service training next week, and stay in an annoying hotel.

I will play through Moss 1 and 2. The benefits of portability.
Haha, sure it's good to not need the TV for that... but still you have to bring a weighty PS5 also...

Markio128

So I splurged some more money today and bought Moss 1 and 2, only because I fancied a good single player game that I could play sitting down. It’s flippin’ VR magic and Quill is adorable.

I‘m sure the VR novelty will wear off at some point, but I don’t feel like playing any flat screen games at the moment.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Anybody got this to work regularly with no TV? My gaming room is too cluttered to play standing up, so I'd like to take the Ps5 and PSVR2 downstairs, but don't want to go through the ball ache of hooking it up to my Frame TV downstairs every time.

Last edited:

marcincz

So I splurged some more money today and bought Moss 1 and 2, only because I fancied a good single player game that I could play sitting down. It’s flippin’ VR magic and Quill is adorable.

I‘m sure the VR novelty will wear off at some point, but I don’t feel like playing any flat screen games at the moment.
I still believe Moss 1&2 will receive physical edition soon some day.

Markio128

Anybody got this to work regularly with no TV? My gaming room is too cluttered to play standing up, so I'd like to take the Ps5 and PSVR2 downstairs, but don't want to go through the ball ache of hooking it up to my Frame TV downstairs every time.
Yes, I’ve used it a few times without a tv and it works fine.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah, I think that will be one of the draws eventually, when a PS5 Slim or whatever is released you can pick one up then move the original PS5 in whatever room you want to be a VR roomscale room, doesn't even need a TV, and just play the VR stuff there while still having the new PS5 for flat games on the nice TV.

SilentUser

I'm itching for some TWD after the latests videos. Funny thing is that the official trailers looked so... Bad? The final game seems to be far above what I saw in the old trailers

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm itching for some TWD after the latests videos. Funny thing is that the official trailers looked so... Bad? The final game seems to be far above what I saw in the old trailers
You've played the first? I take it you mean for SS2 specifically? Everyone says the 1st is right up there with the best VR games made. And the main issue with the second in the prior release was the performance on the Quest 2 sucked.

Dev1lXYZ

Switchback is a goddamn mess. The pacing is off, the graphics are okay, and the feeling of presence comes and goes. For the $39.99 price tag, buyer beware. Imagine a game that is themed to the tee, dripping with atmosphere…..and you are shooting crates, bottles, stick sculptures, and the occasional enemy. There are a lot of slow plowing parts where the player is left with nothing to so. Be on the lookout for the occasional puzzle situation that can change your tracking path. Do I want to be shooting zombies, bats, and naked Too-Bad from He-Man all the time….no. But, their use is either none, or the damn horde all at once. it’s very formulaic, and that’s fine for this kind of game, but I mean you put me into a house of dolls and I find it annoying that only the select few have damage modeled. Have some more pots, pans, and pentagrams! I have made it past the Temple level and gave it a rest. Two play sessions, I’ll play through the rest of it this weekend and give my final thoughts.

Edit: Loved Rush of Blood on PSVR1, played through again a few days before I got PSVR2..

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
And the main issue with the second in the prior release was the performance on the Quest 2 sucked.
Also many crashes, broken/flickering textures, invisible zombies, broken quests, lots of other game or save breaking bugs and many reused areas from the first game.
Everything about the second game (on the quest) sounds terrible, but maybe they actually managed to fix it in the last few months.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Imagine playing Diablo IV with the isometric camera in the scale / diorama style of Moss. Having the ability to look around a little bit with head tracking and being able to cast directional spells / abilities with either gaze tracking or the sense controllers' motion tracking.

I think that would be quite transformative. And it wouldn't be nearly the amount of work for devs to implement these options as trying to completely rebuild the game for VR first person or whatever. Dev on this would be closer to creating accessibility vs remaking a game.

Minsc

Gold Member
I might be ready to put down gt7 for a minute and play re8.

I want to play nms but I'm holding out for a resolution bump!

It's always the right time to get into RE8. Just stick with it until you've made it a few hours into the Castle where you can freely explore where you want, such an amazing place to wander around.

Crayon

It's always the right time to get into RE8. Just stick with it until you've made it a few hours into the Castle where you can freely explore where you want, such an amazing place to wander around.

I've had a hard time getting in the mood for this one. I hope it's not too stressful! Because I'm tired and I'm defintely going to play standing.

But I had plenty of sleep. I'm not tired, just stiff. I found playing standing games in the morning helps me loosen up. Light stretching and excersise.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I got to
House Benevienot
last night. At first I thought it was a little…dull but after wandering about and being drip-fed the puzzles and all the spooky stuff I had to nope out at
going into the cellar where the well is
as I was alone in my own house and with the headset on I felt a bit vulnerable :)

Imagine playing Diablo IV with the isometric camera in the scale / diorama style of Moss. Having the ability to look around a little bit with head tracking and being able to cast directional spells / abilities with either gaze tracking or the sense controllers' motion tracking.

I think that would be quite transformative. And it wouldn't be nearly the amount of work for devs to implement these options as trying to completely rebuild the game for VR first person or whatever. Dev on this would be closer to creating accessibility vs remaking a game.
That would be awesome!

Minsc

Gold Member
I've had a hard time getting in the mood for this one. I hope it's not too stressful! Because I'm tired and I'm defintely going to play standing.

But I had plenty of sleep. I'm not tired, just stiff. I found playing standing games in the morning helps me loosen up. Light stretching and excersise.

Oh it is pretty stressful, but in a good way I think. If you can make it that far in one shot you might overdo it, it's a couple hours in. My first day with VR I tried it and had to quit out before the intro was done because I didn't want to see anything traumatic happen to the baby, like have it killed or something lol. I only manage shorter sessions, and almost always have a good jump at something in each play. But now I'm excited to go back in and get scared again haha. I love seeing that opening backdrop in the snowy field too, sometimes I'll just look around for a minute before going in.

And I play standing too because the inventory and aiming and turning is a lot easier for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom