• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ratchet & Clank X Jak & Daxter

Yes.

With all the bells and whistles that the full installments get.

If Insomniac is being entrusted with making a great new platformer with all those characters then hot damn, this is going to be good.

One genre I have a lot of faith in IG is platformers. Make us proud!

shandy706

I saw that "gate" and thought we were getting some kind of awesome Stargate game..LOL

Oh well, hype deflated.

Wait...is it a Vita game?

SilentFlyer

1061194_10201411474545848_1894789585_n.jpg

Yeah it seems to be that. I found someone posted the game being played on Vita. Here is the image.

https://twitter.com/R3P01012/status/354990300478976001/photo/1

Gadirok

I thought you guys hated Imsomniac, tsk tsk.

Yeah and GAF is a single person with the same hivemind opinion.

I have no confidence in their work anymore if this even is a ratchet and clank game. The last game I truly enjoyed from them was Resistance 3. Their past efforts for the past 2 years have been steaming piles of shit. Especially with how they claim no responsibility in the supervision of Idol Minds and Tin Giant's half assed ports.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Honestly I feel like Ted Price could take a shit on your desk and you would be telling us about how honoured you were to have him do it on your desk rather than somewhere else.

Also, MP means nothing to me. I want a solid single player experience.

Seriously you loved FUSE, which was not good, well the demo was awful at least. That tells everyone all they need to know about the veracity of your opinions on Insomniac developed games. That you'll take a NC R&C game when the premier team is working on an exclusive Xbox title also speaks volumes.
That's rude, there is nothing wrong with him being an Insomniac fan and quite honestly I would play a R&C game over anything the Resistance team is working on and I liked Resistance 3 alot.

Shin

Banned
Out of curiosity why is the majority of people on gaming sites/forums hating on Insomniac Games?
It seems a tad bit ridiculous or am I missing something, you know like they kidnapped your stuffed bunny or something.
It's just something I keep seeing yet completely clueless to why the hate/negativity towards them.

Skidd

That looks like some kind of "Nexus".

Maybe it sucks up popular Sony platformer characters into the same universe?

http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Ratchet_&_Clank:_NEXUS

Worlds colliding can mean a lot of things. Interdimensional travel already exist in the R&C universe because of Tools of Destruction. I'm totally expecting a villain from another dimension.

Or they could bring Tachyon back, he's stuck in a different dimension after all.

Lol... Maybe it's a PS3 and PS4 game with cross platform online play.

That'd defintiely be the kind of gimmick Insomniac would think is cool.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
*squinty eyes*

keep in mind, the main storyline of the Future arc revolved around issues and trans dimension stuff. so worlds colliding could be something entirely contained within the Ratchet lore

Hopefully it's also on PS4 as the rumor pics above show PS3 and Vita.

Silky

Banned
Honestly I feel like Ted Price could take a shit on your desk and you would be telling us about how honoured you were to have him do it on your desk rather than somewhere else.

Also, MP means nothing to me. I want a solid single player experience.

Seriously you loved FUSE, which was not good, well the demo was awful at least. That tells everyone all they need to know about the veracity of your opinions on Insomniac developed games. That you'll take a NC R&C game when the premier team is working on an exclusive Xbox title also speaks volumes.

Yeah, shame on people liking games everyone hates.

:lol

I just realized I am going to have a ton of crow to eat if this turns out to be a full-bore Insomniac exclusive for PS3 or PS4 on par with ACiT. I've been convinced for a while that Insomniac's "we're still close with Sony" statements were all talk, so if they really ARE working on a project for them and giving it their full attention instead of shipping it off to the B-team, that would pretty much Falcon Kick my theory right in the teeth.

I think I'm okay with being wrong in that case, though. :)

Raymo

Why are so many people guessing Jak is a part of this? Especially considering this post:

*squinty eyes*

keep in mind, the main storyline of the Future arc revolved around issues and trans dimension stuff. so worlds colliding could be something entirely contained within the Ratchet lore

Nexus? The cancelled PS2 game?

And, finally an entire R&C game concept that never materialized: Ratchet & Clank: NEXUS. Following Up Your Arsenal, we entertained the idea of putting our heroes on a singular planet. The design revolved around a global conflict between two alien races and we thought it could be interesting if Ratchet and Clank had differing ideas about the war. Eventually the project changed direction to become Ratchet: Deadlocked, although the idea of one planet stayed with us and reemerged in A4O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom