• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

If this is a PS4 game it might be what pushes me over the edge in wanting to get one, but then I remember that the last two Ratchet games were crap, and Fuse has done little to reassure me that Insomniac's top talents can pull through.

KalBalboa

Banned
I can't see myself being disappointed with this title.

Mainline Ratchet by Insomniac? Awesome.
PS3/Vita/PS4? All awesome (PS4/Vita admittedly being cooler).
Potential cross-over with Jak? Awesome.

HMMMM I would much rather this just be a Ratchet and Clank Game.

Ratchet's people are still locked in another dimension so it could be about that.

It does make it sound like a cross-over but
1) They's have to piece together some new story that would probably be more of a premise just to get these two group together
2)Jak and Daxter should just be left alone.

PS3? Boo. Why am I forced to keep two consoles hooked up. I have too many already!

A Crack in Time is hands down one of the best ps3 titles. Hopefully this lives up to that pedigree, unlike Insomniac's other recent releases.

I will say now that if this is a PS3/4 sequel for ACiT to complete the Future trilogy and it's being developed in Cali then I will be there day fucking zero. If it's from NC then I will wait it out to see what the reviews say, if it's another spin off like A41 and FFA then I'll skip.

Silky

Banned
So...what, is the PS3 like the bastard stepchild now? Do you guys seriously expect the PS3 to be nonexistent after the PS4

VanWinkle

It definitely resembles a Rift Gate from J&D.

That's a fanwank dream come true. Even if its not I am super excited if its a Ratchet PS4 game.

Hell at this point ill take another PS3 one as long as its a fully fledged A Crack in Time style adventure and not another experimental game.

I don't want it on PS3 because ACiT looked pretty rough on there with the sub-HD resolution. Imagine 1080p 60fps R&C with next-gen graphics.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's at least on PS3.

There seems to be a Vita screen here too.

I guess PS4 isn't impossible, but I mean, Sony said they were putting the PS3 to a more family friendly status post PS4 launch so this would fit quite well with that.

The gamepad icon on the vita screen means that the game is played on a ps3 or maybe 4 but not on vita.

If it's Ratchet x Jak on PS4, I am definitely excited.

I loved both of those franchises on PS2 (less Jak once he became some gun-toting Shadow the Hedgehog-type dealy).

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wouldn't be shocked if there are Ratchet projects for PS3, PS4 and Vita in the works. They have that CG movie coming out in 2015, there is no way they don't capitalize on that and release games to coincide with that release window.

I'm conflicted. I honestly wouldn't mind if this was a PS3 project, shows that support is still going strong into 2014. But on the hand, it would be nice to see what they can do on the PS4. But we have plenty of time for the latter, it would be cool to see what can be pulled off now that Insomniac is more adept at using the PS3 late in its life.

Smart idea for the brand is for them to come out with a platformer in late 2014 or whenever the movie comes out. And for it to be released for PS3 and PS4, so they get it in as many hands as possible.

8byte

Banned
I will say now that if this is a PS3/4 sequel for ACiT to complete the Future trilogy and it's being developed in Cali then I will be there day fucking zero. If it's from NC then I will wait it out to see what the reviews say, if it's another spin off like A41 and FFA then I'll skip.

I guess I'll say it one last time, just in case you missed it: Most of the Ratchet team veterans are longer in the Burbank studio.

Yazuka

I sure hoped they would do a Ratchet X JAk crossover. But as long as its a good game either way. Hope this will be out for the PS4 as well.

BadAss2961

So...what, is the PS3 like the bastard stepchild now? Do you guys seriously expect the PS3 to be nonexistent after the PS4
People are ready to move on. PS3 announcements just aren't hype anymore.

Maybe it's cross-gen so everyone can be happy.

De-mon

Definitely Insomniac is not working on PS4 yet. We know this from months ago.

ps4devlist_616.jpg

LAA

Crack in Time is the best R&C, hands down.

We agree. This is settled.

I must get on this, ha ha.
Little suprised to see most agree here.
(Shame on me I know), but I was judging from metacritic and Tools of destruction was ranked higher I believe... but I didnt like that so much.
I guess I'll try getting my hands on ACiT!

VanWinkle

I guess I'll say it one last time, just in case you missed it: Most of the Ratchet team veterans are longer in the Burbank studio.

Did they have a hand in A4O and FFA? Because those weren't proper R&C games, and by far the lowest rated R&C games, whether you liked them or not.

8byte

Banned
Is no one paying attention to what I'm saying?! rofl

There is no indication at this point that it is on Vita. The Vita screen shows someone playing the game on PS3. If they were playing Vita, then it would SHOW a vita next to their user name, not a controller.

So frustrating, lol.

Yazuka

I'm excited either way. But in the future I'm going to be buying all my games on PS4, if there is both a PS3 and PS4 version, the later will be bought.
Instead I am going to be focusing on all the exclusives PS3 sill have, that I haven't touched yet and for the ones that will come. Like the Tales series.
I'm fairly sure a few others feel like me.

TimmiT

Hopefully it'll at least have a stable framerate. Qforce/Full Frontal Assault's controls are also not as smooth as in A Crack in Time. Not that they're so bad that it's unplayable, but there is a very noticeable difference.

Also hopefully the "Into the Nexus" images are fake, a Ratchet PS4 game would look great.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Eh. I don't care about Insomniac, even if its Ratchet and Clank. They are a decent B developer at best, in my opinion. Good for those who like them, though.

8byte

Banned
Did they have a hand in A4O and FFA? Because those weren't proper R&C games, and by far the lowest rated R&C games, whether you liked them or not.

Of course they did. However, I don't think them being the lowest rated or not being proper is an indication of their quality, regardless of my fandom.

They were "experiments" to bring something new to the franchise. For YEARS both fans and critics have been hammering R&C for being "more of the same". So, Insomniac did something different, and quite clearly people didn't know what they really wanted, as they rejected the new formulas (despite FFA being a game built around the popular arena modes in past Ratchet titles, with some TD and MOBA elements). They weren't bad games, by any means. They weren't the R&C games people wanted, maybe, but as games they have a great foundation, solid mechanics, and good art. They're not "shit".

I would expect this to be more mainline, classic gameplay, classic exploration.

samn

Most of the Resistance 3 team is working on Sunset Overdrive, actually.

Most of the mainline guys who worked on R&C for many many years LEFT the Cali Studio to work at the NC studio. In fact, it consists almost entirely of R&C veterans. But hey, I guess if you just want to shit on them every chance you get, you really don't need to have your facts straight ;)

So all the R&C veterans are now making the worst entries in the series?

Sorral

Definitely Insomniac is not working on PS4 yet. We know this from months ago.

ps4devlist_616.jpg

Oh this is true...which reminds me of Ted Price's reactions/interviews that made it seem (to me at least) that they had no direct work on a PS4 game yet.

Even though getting something up and running on a PS4 is fast, I really doubt that they will be teasing it this early if indeed it was on the PS4.

R&C PS3 game is much more likely at this point.

I was just expecting a PS4 game. Nothing to do with 'expecting the PS3 to be nonexistent'. In fact, I am keeping mine for a long time due to the digital library that I have along with the PS+ subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom