• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Mik2121

Is it better to buy parts? I just simply bought a whole plane for my first purchase

Also, don't make airports far apart. Planes have different range and if you don't have airports in between to make stops, you'll be screwed

Yeah, the airports I own (Nagasaki, Osaka, Sendai, Sapporo and Vladivostok) are all at close range so I can go from any given airport to another with any airplane.

As for better buying parts.. I'd say so. The problem is it's hard to actually get all those 3 needed parts together to build the plane itself (engine, controls and body). I have two controls for Navigator-P and Wallaby-P, but can't find the other parts at all :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ugh, I don't trust iCloud. Hopefully I can migrate using a file manager or something if I need to

Chopper

Is there one of those timed-challenges for
Flight crews up yet? Kind of curious what thy are.
Looks like something about Muscat to me. I'm trying hard to get a plane down there to see if my name appears somewhere on the leaderboards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iPhone 4

Up to level 4, getting all these unlocks but barely have any coins to buy stuff. Coin income rate is very slow in this, especially since it costs stuff to fly people

i would like the ability to get my plane to another airport even if it has no cargo. i understand it would be at a loss, but sitting in an airport with no work isnt doing me a service either.

Chopper

G3uEy.jpg

I think I did this. And I think it means prizes for all of us. I think.

What do you guys see from your screens?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So you people playing via NZ store, do you have to restart on US version or is this one good?

You'll have to update from the NZ account in the future. Not sure about IAP if you want to pay for bux. Or the process to use your save on the US version when it comes out

I get the same. and holy crap how do you have that many bux, I only have 13 and at low level 4

wrowa

Ugh. I have the stange urge to play this game.

I liked Tiny Towers for a few days, until I got the feeling that I'm not playing the game, but the game is playing with me. I don't want to be its slave again ... and yet...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i would like the ability to get my plane to another airport even if it has no cargo. i understand it would be at a loss, but sitting in an airport with no work isnt doing me a service either.

You can. Just don't load anything on the plane and hit the fly button, select a city and go.

I get the same. and holy crap how do you have that many bux, I only have 13 and at low level 4

He probably hasn't bought anything. I bought an 18 bux plane and am back up to 17 already at Level 5.

Pastry

Banned

They never mentioned if it's only first place that gets prizes or if it's like top 3 crews. Is there a timer for the event?

im seeing that were 5th in the world. but why just 2? do they mean our crew has only done 2 of the specified job "search and rescue in muscat"?

Yeah I think that is what the board there is referencing, the specific crew job. Since the others on there don't have names I would assume they are placeholders?

Chopper

im seeing that were 5th in the world. but why just 2? do they mean our crew has only done 2 of the specified job "search and rescue in muscat"?
When I purchased Muscat, the "missions" at various airports for that destination were green. I suppose this indicates a worldwide co-op mission. I have only delivered one load of cargo to Muscat (it's miles away), so I'm not sure why it says "2" unless someone else here has done the same. In about 10 minutes, I will have dropped off my second load, so we'll see if it changes. The leaderboards only appeared after I had completed that mission though.

So, do all GafAir members get prizes if we finish in the top ten? If so, I can see some awesome battles for the top spot between various forums...!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They never mentioned if it's only first place that gets prizes or if it's like top 3 crews. Is there a timer for the event?

Yeah I think that is what the board there is referencing, the specific crew job. Since the others on there don't have names I would assume they are placeholders?

The prizes page says everyone gets a prize for participating, and there are higher tier levels. We'll probably get the Top 10 level.

im like "where the hell is muscat?"

why in the world did i start in NE united states? shouldve gone exotic.

edit: found muscat....i wont be doing any missions there for a while. also noticed the shadow covering half the planet....is that realtime?

Hmmm guess I shouldn't start in Houston just because it's closest to home, why isn't San Antonio there? :(

all i can recommend is start anywhere there is a nice cluster of black and blue dots. wish i could reset.

edit: YOU CAN RESET!!! its in the settings. moving over to a far off land of mystery.

edit-edit: this shit.....it reset my progress, but not where i started from. going to delete and re-install.

Chopper

Leaderboard total's gone up to 4 since I dropped off in Muscat again a little while ago. So, 2 points per mission. If we can convince enough Gaf members to download this, we could own these leaderboards. Maybe.

Leaderboard total's gone up to 4 since I dropped off in Muscat again a little while ago. So, 2 points per mission. If we can convince enough Gaf members to download this, we could own these leaderboards. Maybe.

I think TouchArcade will be formidable opponents

#1 has 708. 708 what? Members?

Is Gafair a good name anyway? Everyone knows what "NeoGAF" is...

It'll be alright if we can get it in the thread title, I think.

Pastry

Banned

I think 708 is points but I'm not sure. I tried #NeoGAF and everyone thought it was too plain. I don't mind #GafAir, it lets you know we are from GAF and it is kind of fun. People are already contributing points to #GafAir so it is probably too late to change.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm flying for GAFair but nowhere near Muscat unfortunately. I think GAFAIR just looks strange in all caps as it's hard to tell what it says. I think you can change the team name but obviously it's going to be better to decide on it soon before everyone jumps on board.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Still early to change the name, you just simply put in the new name in the flight crew screen

I started in the Southwest US if it matters, maybe if we scattered around the world we can do the flight crew stuff easier? Not sure how it works to be honest

Chopper

708 points. So far, I've got 2 points per mission. I'm not sure if the top entries are pre-loaded or not, but I can't see amy other crews' names.

Don't change the crew name for the next few minutes. I think GafAir are about to win some loot!

Pastry

Banned
I'm flying for GAFair but nowhere near Muscat unfortunately. I think GAFAIR just looks strange in all caps as it's hard to tell what it says. I think you can change the team name but obviously it's going to be better to decide on it soon before everyone jumps on board.

I doubt caps matters so you can probably input it however you would like. I sent a PM to a mod to have the flight crew added to the title.

edit: I changed the thread title, I always thought only mods could do that haha Oops

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I doubt caps matters so you can probably input it however you would like. I sent a PM to a mod to have the flight crew added to the title.

edit: I changed the thread title, I always thought only mods could do that haha Oops

When you input it the name becomes all caps regardless of how you type it. I'd vote for changing to NEOGAF as well but don't have a strong opinion. Either way don't change before we get this first reward.

Pastry

Banned
When you input it the name becomes all caps regardless of how you type it. I'd vote for changing to NEOGAF as well but don't have a strong opinion. Either way don't change before we get this first reward.

I had it as NEOGAF at first but that was shot down. I don't think it really matters and people already started using #GAFAIR. If y'all really want me to change it back to #NEOGAF I can do that but it will have to be done soon before more people download the game.

Chopper

I had it as NEOGAF at first but that was shot down. I don't think it really matters and people already started using #GAFAIR. If y'all really want me to change it back to #NEOGAF I can do that but it will have to be done soon before more people download the game.
12 minutes til this mission's done. After that, we can change it. And unless someone here is owning Muscat and choosing not to post, we have a lurker friend helping us out!

12 minutes til this mission's done. After that, we can change it. And unless someone here is owning Muscat and choosing not to post, we have a lurker friend helping us out!

They're finishing a mission and giving rewards before the game's even out in some places? I haven't even got it yet and I feel like I'm missing stuff :(

Chopper

They're finishing a mission and giving rewards before the game's even out in some places? I haven't even got it yet and I feel like I'm missing stuff :(
Apparently we'll get a "Huey" and some bucks. I'm at level 6 and haven't seen a Huey yet, so that's a pretty cool start.

Chopper

I WANT A HUEY AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A HUEY IS!

Heh :(
Don't worry man. I'm going to lose all my save progress once I upgrade to the UK version anyway, I would have thought. Although my proper GC account is working fine, and I've got an achievement. Also, my prices show up in £, so that's something, right?!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy crap, the next prize is 100 bux / 50 bux...

This game seems to demand more managing than Tiny Towers. At least at first, the airports are so close that it only takes minutes for planes to land

I can buy Calgary airport but I doubt I have any planes with range (I'm in Southwest)

Ah, 3 days left on the mission anyway. I should be able to build some terminals in between

Chopper

I'm annoyed about the prizes I earnt and didn't receive. Is it reasonable to expect a delay in prize delivery, or are we talking launch day jitters?

Top Bottom