• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point & Click Adventure Thread 2017 - Pixels Walk With Me

Alastor3

Heyo, any of you peeps around? Been missing this thread lately :p

Yeah im playing The Dream Machine, but im having a hard time, not because of the puzzles but because I think it show his age, and I also don't have anything against no voice acting but I feel like it could have bring life to it.

Tizoc

Yeah im playing The Dream Machine, but im having a hard time, not because of the puzzles but because I think it show his age, and I also don't have anything against no voice acting but I feel like it could have bring life to it.

Man that game looks a little creepy or weird for me haha.

Alastor3

Man that game looks a little creepy or weird for me haha.

yeah it's weird, especially since the character have no eyes. Even tho the background can seems a bit brownish at time, since it's all man-made with clay and cardboard, there's a lot of details and textures that feel unique.

The first two chapters are 1 hour each and im at chapter 3 now.

Backed this on Kickstarter, I like the Dig / Bioshock vibe and the crazy cubist aesthetic.

knossos_screenshots_2017-02-21_ch1_loc04__large.jpg

toneroni

Think I asked this before but any decent modern P+C games on mobile?
I'm working on one and looking for some inspiration!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I know I don't post in this section a lot but I'm a big fan on PnC games. :p

protonion

Some of the Artifex Mundi games (hidden object) are on sale on ps4.

I bought Nightmares from the Deep for less than 3 euros. It's the most popular and with the highest rating. It's good.

F-Pina

Any chance of getting the original on GOG one of these days? Or is this another case of their weird submission process blocking you out?

We already submitted twice. They said both times they are not interested in our game.
Doesn't really make much sense but it's their store, they can accept or reject whoever they want.

If you search for Murder in the Hotel Lisbon on GOG you get this -> https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/murder_in_the_hotel_lisbon

Yeah, was just discussing that on another forum - it really is a good idea to have an early bird tier. Also, it's not the reason that people go to Kickstarter, but I'm sure backers expect the game to be a little bit discounted compared to retail. I think that's the one glaring mistake they are making, pricing the lowest digital game tier at a whopping 20 UKP. They'd be doing even better than they are if they had an early bird... way better, imo.

I can get behind this

I wonder when Gibbous is coming..

Haha, great username. It's coming! We're making a big darn' game. We're pretty much in 7 days / 7 production mode, and while it's taking more than we initially estimated, it will be worth the wait (well, I'm positive, but let's try and stay humble here).

If you want to keep up with production, we stream every day on our Twitch channel, Cami is on right now working on animation :)

LE: In the meantime I made a gif that shows how many hotspot descriptions and combos go into one room alone. Actual dialogue not included. Yyyyeah, it's a lot of work :)

lng.gif

TripleSun

Lol seems like Syberia 3 is getting ...DLC?

That's weird for an adventure game. Still haven't got the third game but I heard crappy things about it. Was it mainly only bugs and stuff or was the story lackluster too?

From another forum:

Someone mailed Revolution about Beneath a steel sky and got this reply.

“Whilst we don’t have anything concrete we can share right now, we do hope that we have some exciting BASS news to share in the not too distant future.

Sorry I’ve only been rather vague in this email, but we do hope you’ll be excited by some news we’ll be able to publicly share soon!”

So, either a remaster or a sequel? I'd love a sequel that was visually loyal to the original, but I'll take anything, really!

TripleSun

Has anyone played Off-peak? I see the sequel's demo is out and the trailer for both games looked pretty odd and interesting.

RAIDEN1

After seeing the latest Star wars movie, it makes me wonder why did LucasArts NEVER produce a point and click game for this franchise, they've done nearly all the other genre's for Star Wars over the years...yet never felt that they could do an Indy Jones Fate of Atlantis type of a game combined with action sections taken straight out of X-Wing, Tie Fighter...

RAIDEN1

Went back to making some progress in Indy Jones and Fate of Atlantis recently, but wow does that game sometime feel like a slog! ***SPOILER ALERT**** - For instance when you are in Monte Carlo and you get to the bit where the man with one of the lost keys is having his fortune told, he asks you how many fingers he has behind his back, no matter which number you choose he says it is wrong...then at the part in Algiers where you are talking to a merchant and need something off him, time and again, I've offered him multiple items for what I need from him and he refuses so you have to keep going back to Al Jabbar to ask him if he has anything worthy of an exchange with the other guy!!!....

Even games like Full Throttle/Monkey Island weren't as frustrating as this!! I don't get the point of why LucasArts thought having this "mechanic" in the game would be a good thing?????

Went back to making some progress in Indy Jones and Fate of Atlantis recently, but wow does that game sometime feel like a slog! ***SPOILER ALERT**** - For instance when you are in Monte Carlo and you get to the bit where the man with one of the lost keys is having his fortune told, he asks you how many fingers he has behind his back, no matter which number you choose he says it is wrong...then at the part in Algiers where you are talking to a merchant and need something off him, time and again, I've offered him multiple items for what I need from him and he refuses so you have to keep going back to Al Jabbar to ask him if he has anything worthy of an exchange with the other guy!!!....

Even games like Full Throttle/Monkey Island weren't as frustrating as this!! I don't get the point of why LucasArts thought having this "mechanic" in the game would be a good thing?????

You're just stuck on a few puzzles. The game is really no harder than FT/MI. There are frustrating puzzles in all of them

TripleSun

"Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots will be released on 29th December 2017 on Itch and GameJolt!" It's finally here!

@bravoguy I have not yet. Have a huge backlog of games in general and might be a while. Have you played it yet?

bravoguy

"Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots will be released on 29th December 2017 on Itch and GameJolt!" It's finally here!

@bravoguy I have not yet. Have a huge backlog of games in general and might be a while. Have you played it yet?

PC is old enough to play it decent. Ordered PS4 copy so will play it once receive.

Top Bottom