• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Game Show opening tomorrow- new demo, anime & TCG news to come

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, they're really going all out with the announcements.

Can't wait to find out what that realistic Pokemon image is for.

Found a pic

hlSUHxL.jpg

HOLY COW
Holy fuckin shit!

A Wii U pokemon game?

Online please!

I really hope this is a Wii U game, the online functionality could be amazing! Also, going off pokedex 3d pro and X/Y, it seems like Gamefreak have created a library of 3D models to be used in different art styles/polygon counts, so the pixar-esk shading style of the screenshot seems like it could very well be from a Wii U game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, news have been good but no new pokeymans... unless they magically change the stuff tomorrow or something

fanboss

Is this fake or not ?
[removed the picture, too damn big]

Comes from /vp/, but I'm not sure... (also : is there a way to change the size of the picture ?

Tan

Is this fake or not ?
1376706444065.jpg

Comes from /vp/, but I'm not sure...

Questionable looking screenshots of pokemon are my favourite part of any generation.

For the record, I'm gonna say fake. That shot looks too perfect to be so blurry.

fanboss

That's just Mega Eevee, we've known about it for a while.

Questionable looking screenshots of pokemon are my favourite part of any generation.

For the record, I'm gonna say fake. That shot looks too perfect to be so blurry.

It's a fake, sorry

Pokémon: The Origin is also confirmed as a special episode

Ok thanks... I was surprised to see that after reading that no pokemon were announced...

Mariolee

It's a fake, sorry

Better be at least an hour if not movie length gatdang.

In fact have each mainline Pokemon be its own movie in the style of Origins. It could be like the Evangelion remakes, except GOOD.

Neiteio

Man, you guys are no fun. You could've played along and said Mega Eevee was revealed alongside Mega Gengar or something. :-\

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's a fake, sorry

Hahahaha, I knew that was going to be the case more or less, but at least I gave people the benefit of the doubt and at least thought it might be 12 episodes or so.

Being just a special episode makes sense.
The narrator calls it an original animation during the trailer (around 0:47) which makes it sound like an OVA.

It's only a special episode? Didn't someone say it would air on Wednesdays? Damn... I don't want to be let down.

It's airing on A Wednesday, not Wednesdays. Japanese doesn't make the distinction clear without more context. Some sites jumped the gun in reporting.

harmonize

I GO TO SEE JOBS AND THIS IS WHAT I COME BACK TO

It all looks fucking perfect, even if the anime is just a special. And a good Pokemon Wii U game, if that is what it is, might be the reason I finally invest in the system.

Jesus, this generation is shaping up to be the biggest thing to happen since the series' inception; I wasn't even this hyped for Gold and Silver back in the day.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I didn't mean in the art department but as the whole thing, B&W2 promo videos looked amazing and way beyond anything the current Pokemon anime has done (though I stopped watching after Hoenn).

It looked amazing because it was only a minute or so and thus cheaper to produce in that quality compared to a 22-minute episode weekly.

It was made by the same dudes who do the normal Anime.

Top Bottom