• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB ?: A mysterious silhouette - GameFreak Post

BooJoh

Quoting this for the new page.... SOLITIBA as URL redirects to the teaser site

NO, I'm not mixing with Digimon

Every search for "Solitiba" links me to discussions about this, or, when typed in katakana, the jp.wiki for Solitaire (Soritia).

Original Gangster Pokemon.

Apparently, a Trademark was found by Gamefreak labeled "Soriti Horse".

Or ソリティ馬, Soritiba

It's a real breed of Horses, apparently, but kind of unknown since they don't have a Wiki page.

So... is this just some random Solitaire game featuring horses or perhaps Pokémon? Solitaire is certainly a "well known game played all around the world."

zeopower6

Sooooo ... what's a well known game featuring a small horse of some kind?

.hack// has the Grunty which is a pretty fat and small 'horse', but that doesn't really fit the look of what they have up exactly...

Was looking at some Japanese theories and they said stuff like My Little Pony and Agricola, lolol.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So... is this just some random Solitaire game featuring horses or perhaps Pokémon? Solitaire is certainly a "well known game played all around the world."

weeeeeelp

Fits perfectly with everything. Might even just be some goofy browser game for their website. Com'n Horse Solitaire

Mista Koo

Looks like a Moomin
Holy shit, finally. Makibao: The Game!!!1

EtkDfrX.jpg
Yep, these were my guesses as well.

mclem

Man, that horse has a pretty big head.

Ignoring Pokemon (would GF really call Pokemon merely "well known", c'mon now), the only IP they have that could apply for that description, in a pinch, is Drill Dozer.. so that can't be it either. How exciting!

Now, depends how pedantic they're being, but Drill Dozer didn't get a PAL release, which I'd argue pushes the "played all around the world" bit.

I think we're possibly looking more at Game Freak-owned characters appearing in some other game. Could this be Angry Spearows?

(As a further aside: If this was Pokemon linked, should it come from The Pokemon Company rather than Game Freak?)

CTLance

Drill Dozer, huh? Wouldn't mind that, game looked fun.
It's probably a new forme of Sonic.
I don't know why, but the idea of Sonic "formes" completely killed me. Thanks for the laugh. Poor Sonic. At first, shitty friends. Now he starts randomly mutating.

ash_ag

It's worth noting that several Game Freak members (like Sugimori) are huge Sega fans, so, maybe something towards that direction...

Wichu

Thanks to this thread, my current expectation is a browser-based horse solitaire game. I don't think the actual announcement can disappoint me any more.

Is it

Well name game involving horse + game freak collab OR
Well known game + game freak horse collab OR

Well known game freak game + horse collab OR
Well known game freak game with horse + collab

Kyzer

Banned
wtf is this. and wtf serebii dont post a thread, name it pokebomb, and tell me to not take it as pokemon related.

ash_ag

I just thought of the possibility of this being a collaboration that takes form within the game's context. A well-known game that receives a Pokémon-based version as a mini-game (or larger-scale side-game) in XY. That would explain both the timing and that Moomin-Pony thing.

Ezalc

Apparently, a Trademark was found by Gamefreak labeled "Soriti Horse".

Or ソリティ馬, Soritiba

It's a real breed of Horses, apparently, but kind of unknown since they don't have a Wiki page.

Time for Pokemon x Japan World Championship!

japan-world-cup-3-o.gif

EDIT: WHAT I was beaten to posting this?!

THAT'S what I was trying to remember!

I got stuck on the cows from Little King Story. Sort of on the right lines, but it was the Grunties I was trying to recall.

This is what it looks like to me as well. Pokémon X .hack

Loving these crossovers, I still need to get Conquest :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The reason people think it's solitaire is that "Soritiba" is close to "Soritia", the Japanese pronunciation of Solitaire.

But the register uses the kanji for "ba", "horse", so it's probably only a coincidence. Soriti is a breed of horse, so I doubt it's a pun on Solitaire.

Top Bottom