• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB III: New X & Y details revealed in CoroCoro

At least four new Pokémon have been revealed in the June issue of CoroCoro Comic magazine. They include a Normal/Flying-type robin named Yayakoma, a Fighting-type panda named Yanchan, a Grass-type mountain goat named Gogoat and some sort of Normal/Electric-type lizard named Elekiteru.

Gogoat is shown using Horn Leech (previously Sawsbuck's signature move), while Yamchan and Elekiteru are shown using two brand-new moves (Parting Remark and Parabola Charge) respectively.

Additionally, it would appear as though mounts have been introduced into the Pokémon series, as the player is seen riding Gohgohto in one screenshot. The new PokéDex's design (a tablet-like device) was also shown.

The new region has been revealed as "Karos," and the ability to choose from one of three skin and hair colours is available for the first time in the Pokémon series.

An obscured illustration of the region map appears in the background of the scan, but it is too obsucred to make out anything significant other than the fact that seems to have a river running through it. The main city of the game (Miare) was showcased however, and seems to be a large, French-inspired city with an open-air market.

More information shall be posted as it comes.

ALSO, DO NOT POST SCANS. IT IS AGAINST THE TOS AND WILL GET YOU BANNED.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
At least five new Pokémon have been revealed in the June issue of CoroCoro Comic magazine. They appear to be a bird, a panda, a mountain goat and some sort of puppy. More information shall be posted as it comes.

ALSO, DO NOT POST SCANS. IT IS AGAINST THE TOS AND WILL GET YOU BANNED.

Five? I only see four pokemon. I think it's lizard, not puppy.

MarkusRJR

Panda Pokemon looks fucking awesome. My new favorite of this gen so far.

Lizard on the bottom looks so dumb though. The bird looks like a 9 year old's drawing. It has stick feet for fucks sake.

OP forgot to mention that you can ride Pokemon now ala bikes.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
A mountain goat Pokemon could be cool.

Edit: Panda!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would like to point out that you can see map in background.

Edited: Also they seem to love the attention that they are getting for Sylveon's type and decided to dragging it for little more longer.

Tsunamo

I'm loving that Panda, it reminds me of Ash's Treecko from the Anime.
Finally being able to mount Pokemon should be fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's not a demon baby. That's a lizard.

Also apparently the lizard is electric, goat is grass, bird is normal/flying, panda is fighting.

Also dat pokedex tablet portable thingie

Brickhunt

Additionally, it would appear as though mounts have been introduced into the Pokémon series, as the player is seen riding the mountain goat in one screenshot.
Okay, screw the new Pokémon. This is the kind of new information I was looking for! It looks awesome.

Panda looks pretty awesome, I'm not yet sold on the others.

There ARE types in there, bird is normal/flying to no one's surprise, give me a sec to work out the others.

edit: late

double edit: The Lizard's type line is too long to be just electric. It's electric/normal, looks like.

KingDirk

I wasn't feeling the panda at first until I saw the leaf hanging out of its mouth, then he entered cool city.

Goat is where it's at, though.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Goat is GOAT. Panda is baller. Lizard guy looks pretty cool too. Generic bird is meh.
Though, to say I only dislike Sylveon and the bird so far, this gen is shaping up pretty nicely. Most hyped game of 2013, definitely.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mounting Pokémon?

First thing I thought (even if not that correlated, sorry) :lol

tumblr_m0pgh2YmSh1rnfkjho1_500.jpg

CassSept

Can someone romanize the names?

Citing Serebii, though take it with the grain of salt as the names might change after you patch the game.

Goat - Gohgohto, Riding Pokemon, type Grass
Lizard - electric, no name yet
Bird - Yayakoma, Japanese Robin Pokemon, type Normal/Flying
PANDA - Yamchamu, Naughty Pokemon, type Fighting

Goat is amazing, Panda even better, Bird is hella stupid.

Edit: Bah, beaten by op update

Joqu

That panda really is fucking awesome. The lizard looks cute, but it's nothing special. I don't like the goat, would have been better without the green.

And I kind of like the bird. Sure, it has stick feet, but that's what makes it special. <3

Top Bottom