• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I need to know:

- What will the cries sound like?
- What will evolution look like?
- Throwing a Pokéball?
- Pokédex?
- Battle interface?!

Berordn

Are people really that surprised by the graphics not being amazing? Gen III looked like a GBC game with a bunch more colors, Gen IV had Jaguar quality 3D towns, and Gen V had pixelated "animations" based on rotation like a bad PSX game.

People never seem to want to give up the idea of Pokemon being a technology leader.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any fanart for evolved starters? I lack imagination. :(

;)
tumblr_mgb67ifb5k1qfwxjfo1_500.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I love this point in gaming. All the mystery and speculation over Pokemon to come between now and October. And this time, we won't know everything about the games before they release outside of Japan, so the whole world is going to be working together to explore the new world. :'D

Also 3DS has no PC emulator so far, so one can't just analyze rom contents.

It truly is a new experience much like when it's new.

A Jamaican Gentlemen?

You forgot "Le"

Are people really that surprised by the graphics not being amazing? Gen III looked like a GBC game with a bunch more colors, Gen IV had Jaguar quality 3D towns, and Gen V had pixelated "animations" based on rotation like a bad PSX game.

Judge the game with its battle graphics.

Mael

Yeah but still it's not like we expected Golden Sun DS to look prettier either...
Either way the battle seems far more impressive.
And you forgot about Gen I looking like an early GB game too...

Hints so far are there.
If that's the case then I think I know what will be in my library come october...

Somnid

Glad they are moving to global releases. Pokemon deserves it. Should also clean up the massive spoiling that goes on before every release in the US. Also since 3DS is relatively unhacked and they can allow full DLC this should really make for a more interesting experience of discovery.

In the back of my head I can only think of what Miiverse integration could do...

Starters look like ass and so does the Blue legendary but I like the visuals. Will miss sprites.

Maybe I should play through white 2 for one more go around with 2D Pokemon.

Berordn

Also 3DS has no PC emulator so far, so one can't just analyze rom contents.

It truly is a new experience much like when it's new.

They've got eight months to crack it yet, and they're awfully close. Don't jinx it.

(yes i avoided the obvious pun)

That said, I look forward to when we're able to bring in new Pokemon to the game from the SD card.

Muku

Ahaha well I'm glad I'm not the only one then! :D And Fennekin will so be my starter, I like it just as much as my Torchic back then :p

Yes!! At first I was like "Oh that grass one is..HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.." when the fennec popped up. One of the coolest starter Pokemon ever. Confirmed. Though that is still one of the coolest grass starters ever. Not so much sold on the water one though.

And Torchic is the bomb. Still have mine on my old game.. actually it's probably on Black. I remember trading a lot of my older games Pokemon up to get it on Black. Didn't want to lose them due to silly battery issues or anything. Makes me wish I could pull off my Pokemon Red though right now. I worry for my Pokemon.

Spiderduff

How awesome does it feel to board the hype train and then take us where we wanted to go and beyond?

I am so excited. Time to catch them all on BW2 and get ready to transfer! 10 months to catch them all...well till the new ones :D

Berordn

It's probably gonna be the whole europe if they want some water/sea zone.

They've been moving away from water for a long time now.

B/W really only had Undella Bay, and the sea routes they added in B2/W2 were completely optional.

edit: actually, only mostly optional. Forgot about the Frigate in the story.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I just noticed that the trailer may have had BirdY's cry, but DeereX doesn't make a noise. It could've been BirdY's in-game cry, it sounded quite low quality.

Ok, after reading through the entire thread:

-Dennis, you're a superstar with all those gifs. So good.
-the legendaries are fuck awesome. Like, seriously. I think my favorite is X; dat deer with sword legs.
-the starters all look great, even the grass one. I don't know which one I'm going with yet but I'm leaning frog...
-the battles are in 3D, which I was actually against (love my sprites!), but I have to say I really like the look of them.
-worldwide release is fantastic.

All in all I'm hyped. Come on October!

iirate

Is it just me, or are these starters fantastic? Like seriously, these may be the best yet - I'm digging the legendaries too.

I threw in for Froakie SO GODDAM FAST IN THAT POLL. I'm already learning his secret Ninja ways

I will not fail you master! For we have much blood to spill, and many an adversary to end

TrutaS

The fanart is incredible given the time they have had.. gotta love artistic minds.

ps: Why can't I vote on the poll, it that a member priviledge?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But let's talk about the game mechanics now. What do you think this gen will contribute to battling, TM, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom