• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say, when Gen 5 was announced, was Zoroark and Zorua already revealed in Smash or something? Since I'm surprised we get Gen 6 announcement first before the mysterious Gen 6 mon in the Genesect movie.

We knew because of movie trailers.

Come to think of it, starters are never the first new Pokemon we find out about. Not since Gen III, IIRC...

Hypatia

The series has never really been known for its in-depth battle system (in singleplayer campaign, I mean), but it'd be nice if it made me think outside the box with buffs and whatnot as opposed to just flamethrower my way to victory, etc.

Props on the avatar by the way. Love those books. :)

I dont think I've ever used any items in battle apart from potions :| Literally never used to use the X-stat things.

And thanks! They're brilliant books ^_^

injurai

Banned
dat x4 weakness to rock, x2 weakness to fighting, and still x2 weakness to water

At least you get x1 damage to ground now!

Hmm true. This is an interesting development.

I honestly can't think of a good combination that makes since for a fox other than pure fire or fire/dark

maybe fire/flying ala Tails

First pokemon game I've been interested in a long time (last was gold/silver). Might pick up a 3ds for this and AA games.

also as a grass starter fan, this is probably the worst grass type. I like both the fire and water, hard to choose between them without seeing their evolutions.

vgt8o.png

Oh, they made it to X? Let me guess, they'll go up to 3 games, then jump to Nvidia/Vita and release 4 more games, then release Pokemon Xover on iOS.

But seriously, legit surprised at the worldwide release. No doubt that there will be a huge presence at this year's E3. Perhaps even more importantly, huge Gen 6 presence in the next Smash!

Trey

diverse team building is encouraged by merely playing the game. Once you get to a gym new players realize the vast difference having the right type of Pokemo makes, etc.

Its terrible having to "give up" one of your moves to HMs, as you say. Its what makes you travel with an HM slave, but having the option to be able to just not worry about having the right type of Pokemon for HMs would be even better.

It would actually make for more interesting diversity in Teams. Whole point would be to not have to worry about saving the training of your REAL team until after you beat the game.

Giving traits to your pokemon in order to interact with the overworld would be a masterstroke with no downsides in my opinion.

It would allow maps/areas to be much more interestingly designed.

It would immerse the player further into the game world.

Battling capability would not be leveraged for overworld utility.

A pokemon's usefulness wouldn't be determined solely by their capability in battle.

Firemind

Water has always been the superior starter: Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott. Now Froakie carries on that proud line. Godspeed.

Kouriozan

Glad to see Chespin is losing the poll, it make me believe that I made the right choice!
Hope his evolution are nice or it'll be the first pokémon that I won't evolve.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey guys, let's name X Deer and Y Bird!

I think the X and Y will be part of their names, maybe as the starting letter?

Xanathos (deer) and Yves (bird)

Salsa

oh hey I thought of another minor one:

• let me skip the tutorial on how to catch Pokemon

I mean we're all nitpicking at this point right

Why wouldn't I be serious? It looks about like DQIX on the DS. Doesn't look up to the quality I'd expect on the 3DS. I enjoy Pokemon like anyone well but I am still critical of GF in the graphics department. No reason we should just turn a blind eye because we're excited about a new game. :/

There are about 647 Pokemon in the previous generation. If this gen follows a similar pattern, we could get another 150-ish, which will put us around 800. And we go over that if we begin to consider alternate forms.

Now we need each of these to have individual battle animations as well. Don't be absurd.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They call it Pokemon Rumble.

Meh, I like separation better. HM can be 5th move or not effect battle at all. Every Pokemon can have exactly one so you need variety but not gimping.

Some HMs would need to become moves then. Surf is one of the most common moves in any metagame and axing it entirely would be terrible.

CorvoSol

Awww yissssssss, mother fuckin' fire types.

(I hated the last two fire types)

Chespins pretty sweet too.

I really hope theres more major changes to this sequel than just 3D graphics though. Less by-the-numbers RPGing please.

The pig was okay. Not a fan of chimchar, though.

nah nah nah

Fire/Ice - Like an arctic fox as the final form

That'd make it the most awesome Fire Starter since Cyndaquil and Charmander.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Why wouldn't I be serious? It looks about like DQIX on the DS. Doesn't look up to the quality I'd expect on the 3DS. I enjoy Pokemon like anyone well but I am still critical of GF in the graphics department. No reason we should just turn a blind eye because we're excited about a new game. :/

Pokemon is a franchise that cannot be toyed with, though...in mainline titles, small steps are a necessity when it comes to making games that appeal to millions of people

FillerB

You guys sayin' he's going to evolve into Frogfucius from Mario RPG?

[IMG ]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/9/99/Frogfucious_SMRPG.png/200px-Frogfucious_SMRPG.png[/IMG]

The white things on his nose do kinda look like those little round glasses you always see professors wearing in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom