• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01330.jpg

Adorable chespin :3

Those eyes.

"I've Seen Some Shit"

I've gotta wonder if they're really gone for good. What are we going to use in menus and on status screens? If it loads a model every time it's gotta be slow as molasses.
Maybe it's going to be a picture of the model rendered in a static pose, for the icons. Either that, or they make sprites for icons again *wonders*

Berordn

Like 4 bug moves see any play.

Megahorn is used by almost everything with access to it. Scizor loves Bug Bite. X-Scissor is hard hitting and even though it's rarely used by those who benefit from STAB with it, it's there.

4x Bug weakness is hard to ignore.

Ondore

Hmm I suppose I should say grass/dark is horrible type coverage.

Cacturne: *nods sagely, then cries*

And we can't even count on a wide variety of moves to counter that this time, since Gen V the trend was smaller movesets (Serperior's the first starter final form to not learn Earthquake ever, as I recall).

CorvoSol

The protagonist looks stupid as hell.

Glasses over the hat? That's retarded... D:

Wasn't that a staple of Digimon? Or was there no hat . . .

Anyway, they still look better than Gen 4's godawful protagonists. And Black 2/White 2's. But they also look a little too much like the Cool Trainer variants of Red and Leaf's designs. I mean the girl has the miniskirt and same style of hat.

injurai

Banned

Anyway, they still look better than Gen 4's godawful protagonists. And Black 2/White 2's. But they also look a little too much like the Cool Trainer variants of Red and Leaf's designs. I mean the girl has the miniskirt and same style of hat.

I really liked FRLG designs...

Awww, but I love Dawn.

also

Banned
Froakie is growing on me, but Fenneking still does nothing for me. It's sad to see the best starter placing last in the pool.

Gen I and Gen II are blocked off by the magical wall we call analog technology.

(the old GB link cable was electronically incompatible with GBA games so they had to axe backwards compatibility with them in Gen III)
It has more to do with them changing the Pokemon data structure in gen 3 than the cables being incompatible; IVs ranging from 0-31, instead of 0-15, introducing natures...

Wiz

I hope they don't put out too many paid DLCs...

What could they possibly do paid DLC for? I don't think it'll work well for a mainline Pokemon game. Unless you are willing to pay for event pokemon instead of going to events.

First pokemon game! Always wanted to try but was put off by the archaic visuals, even though I knew there was tons of gameplay underneath...

Finally something visually appealing! Man, I have never been into portable platforms, but Vita/3DS are really impressing me...haven't touched my PS3 in 2 months!

Wiz

Think about something like the Sevii island on Fire Red/Leaf Green.. but as paid DLC

Fire Emblem, New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Unless it's long after the game has been out, I don't think Nintendo would do or allow GF to do that. Everything that has been worked on up to release will be in the final game.

injurai

Banned
First pokemon game! Always wanted to try but was put off by the archaic visuals, even though I knew there was tons of gameplay underneath...

Finally something visually appealing! Man, I have never been into portable platforms, but Vita/3DS are really impressing me...haven't touched my PS3 in 2 months!

welcome, It's actually great to hear the visual change is attracting people, because it is a concern for losing fans too.

Sigh. The fun you have missed.

Is it 2v2 if I add in what Iwata said?

If I can bloody find it.

The Adder

Banned
Megahorn is used by almost everything with access to it.

And how many of those things are competitive? 0 of them are OU and Heracross alone is borderline.

Scizor loves Bug Bite.

And Scizor's the only bug type you ever see that actually uses bug moves. So just don't have it out against Scizor.

X-Scissor is hard hitting and even though it's rarely used by those who benefit from STAB with it, it's there.

This and U-Turn are the only bug moves you actually have to worry about coming out unexpectedly, but that doesn't make a 4x bug weakness much of a problem at all. Pokemon with 4x weaknesses to a lot more common and versatile types than bug see competitive play.

There's a part of the trailer where it shows the character looking in the mirror and it zooms out

Which makes me think, yeah, character customization.

I'm predicting that's actually from the beginning of the game, as in "you're all kitted out and ready to go adventuring!". But the simplicity of the character designs (especially the female trainer) and the lack of official art for the trainers yet might suggest customisation is indeed present.

Ondore

My hope is that Nintendo will realize Pokemon is a series that is still heavily marketed toward young children and will block paid DLC so they don't end up in an iPhone situation.

But hey, Pokemon's had DLC since 1997, why stop now?

Hasn't Masuda himself spoken out against the idea of paid DLC for Pokémon?

I'm not sure. I only remember Iwata saying something about how having people pay for Animal Crossing DLC would ruin the experience and adding another game title after or something like that...I think.

Could have been a dream for all I know.

injurai

Banned
I haven't read anything from him 100% denying there will be paid DLC

It would be foolish for Nintendo to try to pull something like this. Their flagship franchise and all of a sudden breaking their 17 year long series trend with a cash grab...

ya that would be catastrophic for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom