• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
It would be foolish for Nintendo to try to pull something like this. Their flagship franchise and all of a sudden breaking their 17 year long series trend with a cash grab...

ya that would be catastrophic for them...

How would that be catastrophic?

they wouldn't be adding "must have" DLC like "do you want to fight against the elite four and finish the game? PAY FOR IT"

but it would be more like bonus content.

Neiteio

That GIF with the vine swinging where you guys think you see the trainer's glasses detaching -- I think that's just a leaf falling from the tree, suspended in the air during the swinging animation. It starts right at the moment of the swing, so I'm not sure we can deduce it's his glasses glitching out.

ffdgh

That GIF with the vine swinging where you guys think you see the trainer's glasses detaching -- I think that's just a leaf falling from the tree, suspended in the air during the swinging animation. It starts right at the moment of the swing, so I'm not sure we can deduce it's his glasses glitching out.

look at his hat after he makes the swing, his sunglasses are missing.

My hope is that Nintendo will realize Pokemon is a series that is still heavily marketed toward young children and will block paid DLC so they don't end up in an iPhone situation.

But hey, Pokemon's had DLC since 1997, why stop now?
People are more argueing about whether it will be paid or not.
I haven't read anything from him 100% denying there will be paid DLC
I think the main point brought up is that paid DLC was an option on the DSi but Nintendo/Game Freak opted for free DLC. I've mentioned this before but I could see Nintendo doing both free and paid DLC. They could do special pokemon/ legendaries for free DLC. Then for paid DLC they could have unlockable islands/areas that contain different generations of pokemon. For example have the option to purchase a Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 island or unlockable area so that those who are new to the franchise or for whatever reason need that area can access and obtain those pokemon.

injurai

Banned
People are more argueing about whether it will be paid or not.

I think the main point brought up is that paid DLC was an option on the DSi but Nintendo/Game Freak opted for free DLC. I've mentioned this before but I could see Nintendo doing both free and paid DLC. They could do special pokemon/ legendaries for free DLC. Then for paid DLC they could have unlockable islands/areas that contain different generations of pokemon. For example have the option to purchase a Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 island or unlockable area so that those who are new to the franchise or for whatever reason need that area can access and obtain those pokemon.

Isn't the whole point of the Dream world to access pokemon of previous gens...

Neiteio

look at his hat after he makes the swing, his sunglasses are missing.
But my point is since the sequence starts right -at- the moment of the swing, we don't know if he was wearing glasses in the first place. Although... I guess that'd still point to some level of customization, eh?

I didn't know vine leaves looked like sunglasses. Thanks for the tip!

No offense, of course. But that's definitely a pair of shades in that GIF.

That there ladies and gentlemen are
HfiOM.png

SUNGLASSES

Debate over.

Neiteio

Yeah, I guess those are sunglasses. But come to think of it, I'm not sure that proves the presence of customization: I've seen other games where a set character model has had parts of them glitch out.

In other news, I really want to know what types the legendaries are.

Yeah, I guess those are sunglasses. But come to think of it, I'm not sure that proves the presence of customization: I've seen other games where a set character model has had parts of them glitch out.

In other news, I really want to know what types the legendaries are.

Just a wild guess but Yveltal is probably Dark/Dragon or vis versa.
Unless we got us some new Types.
Like maybe Xerneas is Light/Grass or vis versa....WHO KNOWS.
Game Freak and Nintendo do. Down to their head offices we goo~

Neiteio

Just a wild guess but Yveltal is probably Dark/Dragon or vis versa.
Unless we got us some new Types.
Like maybe Xerneas is Light/Grass or vis versa....WHO KNOWS.
Game Freak and Nintendo do. Down to their head offices we goo~
I don't think going off their colors will do much good, if that's how you're inferring the types of the legendaries. For example, who would've guessed, at first glance, that Reshiram was part FIRE? His color is white, with blue eyes... Nothing to suggest fire in his appearance. And many people thought Zekrom would be part Dark, because he's all black, but he turned out to be part Electric. Like I said -- you can't necessarily tell from the colors.

Perhaps they will instead be focusing on creating type combinations that haven't been done before. In which case, maybe Yveltal is Fighting/Dragon (fitting, if he's based on the Norse myth of the bird atop Yggdrasil), while Xerneas might be Rock/Dragon -- if that seems unintuitive, look at Terrakion's design and see how the creature needn't actually look rocky. And then if the third legendary were Poison/Dragon... A nicely balanced trio, no?

But it's all speculation at this point.

I don't think going off their colors will do much good, if that's how you're inferring the types of the legendaries. For example, who would've guessed, at first glance, that Reshiram was part FIRE? His color is white, with blue eyes... Nothing to suggest fire in his appearance. And many people thought Zekrom would be part Dark, because he's all black, but he turned out to be part Electric. Like I said -- you can't necessarily tell from the colors.

Perhaps they will instead by focusing on creating type combinations that haven't been done before. In which case, maybe Yveltal is Fighting/Dragon (fitting, if he's based on the Norse myth of the bird atop Yggdrasil), while Xerneas might be Rock/Dragon -- if that seems unintuitive, look at Terrakion's design and see how the creature needn't actually look rocky. And then if the third legendary were Poison/Dragon... A nicely balanced trio, no?

But it's all speculation at this point.

Fair enough. I was going based off the colours and looks. Its all spec for now.

Neiteio

Wish there was a second poll (if that were possible) asking which legendary is cooler. I bet Xerneas would win, but maybe my boy Yveltal would pull a Froakie.

Get out of my thread.
lol

I just had a thought. If we're getting character customization for Gen VI, I want to be able to remove Brendan's hat in the RS remakes. That'll prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that his hair's black. I don't doubt it, but some other fans do and it's getting old.

Then there's the question of Gen III remakes.

Ainaurdur

I just started a new game in Soul Silver. Really enjoying getting back into it and so I started thinking about possibilities.

How many of you own more than one system to play and transfer Pokemon between your own copies of the games? I have only ever owned one system and one game version of any given Generation.

But this is beginning to make me consider picking up a second 3DS and possibly getting both X and Y. Of course I realize we don't know yet which previous games might be able to trade with X/Y, so it might not matter. Which is why I would probably restrain myself from getting a second system until October.

injurai

Banned
lol

I just had a thought. If we're getting character customization for Gen VI, I want to be able to remove Brendan's hat in the RS remakes. That'll prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that his hair's black. I don't doubt it, but some other fans do and it's getting old.

Then there's the question of Gen III remakes.

I kinda think Gen3 remakes should still be 2D with sprites.

flippedb

Banned
I didn't finish Platinum because I got stuck. My goal was to level up like a mofo, so I wanted 10 levels per Gym, I'm stuck at the 6th Gym because my Pokemans are still not lvl.60 so I don't wanna go inside and fight.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll get back to it before I buy X.

Types that haven't been used yet:

Normal/Ground
Normal/Dragon
Normal/Dark
Normal/Steel
Fire/Grass
Fire/Poison
Fire/Ice
Fire/Normal
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Electric
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Ghost
Water/Fire
Grass/Dragon
Grass/Ghost
Poison/Electric
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Ice
Poison/Dragon
Poison/Steel
Poison/Normal
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock
Electric/Dark
Electric/Normal
Electric/Rock
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Ghost
Rock/Ice
Rock/Dragon
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Normal
Ice/Bug
Ice/Steel
Ice/Normal
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Bug/Normal
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Normal

Unicorn

Types that haven't been used yet:

Normal/Ground
Normal/Dragon
Normal/Dark
Normal/Steel
Fire/Grass
Fire/Poison
Fire/Ice
Fire/Normal
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Electric
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Ghost
Water/Fire
Grass/Dragon
Grass/Ghost
Poison/Electric
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Ice
Poison/Dragon
Poison/Steel
Poison/Normal
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock
Electric/Dark
Electric/Normal
Electric/Rock
Psychic/Bug
Psychic/Ghost
Rock/Ice
Rock/Dragon
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Normal
Ice/Bug
Ice/Steel
Ice/Normal
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Bug/Normal
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Normal
Yes. Yes! YES!!!
don't give us more repeat typing. Use this chromosome thig to give us some interesting type combinations and more evolution chains! Give bug pokemon a 4th evolution at a High level (originally meant to level and evolve fast, but have a short lifespan - game wise.).

injurai

Banned
Yes. Yes! YES!!!
don't give us more repeat typing. Use this chromosome thig to give us some interesting type combinations and more evolution chains! Give bug pokemon a 4th evolution at a High level (originally meant to level and evolve fast, but have a short lifespan - game wise.).

Isn't Joltik and Volcerona supposed to be just that...?

I've wanted a Ghost/Normal ever since my Red version Hall of Fame glitched out and decided that's what type a deformed Geodude was.

Hopefully they make one based on some animal that pretends to be dead, like an opossum or something. I don't think they've done one of those yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom