• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjellson

Look at this motherfucker:

gaming-pokemon-legendary-yveltal_1.jpg

Why we have no Sugimori art? :'(
Xerneas is cooler.

HMs should just not take up move slots. Give Pokemon 3 "Ability" slots where they could go
Hm, never thought of that.. it would be an interesting answer to the issue. Maybe they could even evolve HMs and make them more complex yet less of a hindrance this way. I like this idea.

I'm going to be even more controversial: a Pokemon should hold either an item OR a HM, but not both.
This was my thought of how to fix HMs, and it seems like it would probably be the easiest way to do it.

Look at this motherfucker:

gaming-pokemon-legendary-yveltal_1.jpg

Why we have no Sugimori art? :'(

I know! Though, I want to see Xerneas a lot more.

Berordn

It has more to do with them changing the Pokemon data structure in gen 3 than the cables being incompatible; IVs ranging from 0-31, instead of 0-15, introducing natures...

Pretty sure it was said in an interview that the data structure was revamped due to the incompatibility, not vice versa. Plus there's been a (admittedly minor) data structure revamp in every generation since and they've still maintained compatibility.

Though I'd have to find that interview now.

And how many of those things are competitive? 0 of them are OU and Heracross alone is borderline.

And Scizor's the only bug type you ever see that actually uses bug moves. So just don't have it out against Scizor.

This and U-Turn are the only bug moves you actually have to worry about coming out unexpectedly, but that doesn't make a 4x bug weakness much of a problem at all. Pokemon with 4x weaknesses to a lot more common and versatile types than bug see competitive play.

Smogon's tiering doesn't count outside their own metagame, and I've seen plenty of Volcanora and Heracross use in GBU, both of which often have Megahorn/Bug Buzz because it's good coverage. U-Turn makes it on a lot of sets, just because of its use in scouting.

Plus Scizor is pretty centralizing still. 4x weaknesses aren't a death warrant, but bug is a pretty important attacking type to have to watch out for when it's STAB for two heavy hitters, both physical and special.

Gravijah

That's typically done in February, with a new round of movie trailers and posters.

I'm certainly not expecting any unknown Pokemon in Coro Coro.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure BW was announced later into January. 20+. So it's not quite the same.

Keep in mind guys since this is a simultaneous release, we're going to get English/etc language information, too. I wonder what the sources will be? Nintendo Directs?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure BW was announced later into January. 20+. So it's not quite the same.

Keep in mind guys since this is a simultaneous release, we're going to get English/etc language information, too. I wonder what the sources will be? Nintendo Directs?

Zorua/Zoroark were February, BW themselves were unveiled in May.

Unicorn

Of course January is real pic avatar month, so during this big pokemon blowout I can't even sport my amazing Heracross avatar I have 11 months outta the year :(

injurai

Banned
Of course January is real pic avatar month, so during this big pokemon blowout I can't even sport my amazing Heracross avatar I have 11 months outta the year :(

I made a realpic avatar though never used it, and now I gave up on pure pokemon too for a composite avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom